Stuff about Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, I don't care how good or bad Wentz plays except when playing us or teams in our division. But, to act like he won the starting position outright is dishonest. He would NOT be the starting QB for Philly if Teddy Bridgewater did not get injured, Period. He has made the most of the opportunity he is getting, and good for him.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One things for sure. When Wentz struggles and Goff plays well, I will go to Eagles forums and post about how perfect Goff is while I try to reduce everything down to being solely about these QBs.

Why will I do this?
Well, because clearly it's the most fun a person can have and as a Goff fan, I want to enjoy myself while making it perfectly clear that I knew better all along!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no denying the kid is playing great , and it looks like he will be a NFL QB for a long time . Yes it's only 3 games but I go by what I see , and he looks pretty darn good . The hard part is waiting to unwrap the Goff present to see what we have . I live in the central Pa . , and the hype is unreal about him . The joke right now is who is more sick about passing on him . The Rams or Browns. I'm all in on Goff but I still can't believe the kid is not ready . It's very strange to say the least .

Ramatik

Starter
I'm really starting to hate Wentz. I'm going to start bitch slapping anybody I see wearing the Teen Idol's jersey.

Ellard80

Legend
One QB isn't ready enough to see the field.
One is playing and excelling.

How some of you are acting like anyone is crazy for having concern about that is laughable.

The level of defensiveness is.... yeah not convincing.

It's very early and who knows... maybe Goff will end up the better. I certainly hope so

But it is far from irrational for people to have concern... nor it is more rational to pretend that Goff is going to be better "just because I know or Fisher knows"

Ramatik

Starter
I am so F*CKING tired of hearing internet experts talk about how they knew Wentz would be better. It's every effing Rams site. Just get over yourselves man. Or order a lifesize poster of him, hang it on your wall, and masturbate to your hearts' content.

Oh and feel free to choke yourselves while you're at it. F*ck. It makes me effin sick. Go buy yourselves an Eagles jersey if you survive, too.

F Wentz. Oh and F Bradford and the Vikings too.

I like that Merlin. Wentz is a punk. He's a puke. And the people that like him are yellow-bellied, boy worshipping jack-holes.

Sorry, I'm getting tired of the Wentz crap.

Go to your Eagles site and lap his milk.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But it is far from irrational for people to have concern... nor it is more rational to pretend that Goff is going to be better "just because I know or Fisher knows"

Fish was quoted during the pre-draft period as saying that Wentz was going to "play in Super Bowls." I doubt his success is a surprise to him or the Rams. But he wanted Goff more and I doubt it was because they felt Goff would play earlier when Wentz was the guy who played in a pro style offense. They felt Goff long-term was the guy, and they might still be right.

Here's some examples of what I'm talking about; the best QBs to play in this modern era:

Elway was probably the greatest QB to play this game IMO, before Brady came on the scene. But he looked like a rookie his first year, throwing 14 INTs to 7 TDs. I recall Denver fans booing him and talk about how he wouldn't live up to his draft billing.

Manning finished his rookie season with 28 INTs, 13 more than Ryan Leaf. It's not like his 71.2 QBR amazed anyone, except for the team who knew what they had.

Brady only managed to play in one game his rookie season, went 1 for 3 with a 42.4 QBR. His second season his TD to INT ratio was 18/14, and that was his first Super Bowl, where it was more about the team around him along with him limiting mistakes when it mattered in the playoffs. Even after year 2 nobody thought he'd be the greatest QB ever.

Rogers didn't start until year 4. Everyone around here knows that story. Did anyone expect a guy who sat on the bench his first 3 seasons to be a Hall of Fame QB???

Now for some hot starters:

Griffin started out his rookie year with everyone going on about how the Rams got jobbed. The Rams made a huge error not taking him. OMG he's going to be a Hall of Fame QB, I mean look he led the Skins to the playoffs!!!

Ryan was "pro ready" and started out the gate and played like a veteran. He led the Falcons to an 11-5 record and the playoffs and the assumption was the guy was sure to be an elite signal caller! Dude is good, sure, but elite? No.

Flacco was "pro ready" too and also led the Ravens to an 11-5 record and the playoffs. Had an even better rookie season than Ryan, OMG here we go another elite QB in the making! But wait, dude has a career 84.5 QBR.

Translation here is you don't draft a QB for the next year. You draft him for the next DECADE. I get that fans want to wring their hands and whine about the other QB being better than who the Rams picked. But stop acting like there is some precedent where you have to play well as a rookie or your career isn't going to be any good. Because that is flat wrong.

No matter how well these guys start it's about how well they are going to grow that matters. So my take is why waste our time as fans sweating all that BS, instead of enjoying watching OUR highly drafted QB grow. I just don't get it man.

ausmurp

Starter
I don't just believe it; I'd put money on it.

Jrry not doubting you, just saying the 1st round QB bust rate is like 53% or something, forgot the exact number but espn posted an article on it somewhere a while back. So if Wentz isn't the bust...just saying realistically the odds are stacked against us. Hope Goff is a franchise QB though. I'm also a pessimist.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry not doubting you, just saying the 1st round QB bust rate is like 53% or something, forgot the exact number but espn posted an article on it somewhere a while back. So if Wentz isn't the bust...just saying realistically the odds are stacked against us. Hope Goff is a franchise QB though. I'm also a pessimist.

If you flip a coin one time, the odds are 50% that it comes up heads.

Does that mean that if it comes up heads the first time, the odds are 0% that it comes up heads the second?

The two outcomes are not at all related.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
While we are still dedicating board time to CW - I will say that I dig his celibration

Ellard80

Legend
I really don't care about Wentz or how swell a guy he is.

I just want to win and drafting that right player high is a crapshoot that the Rams have failed at often....especially on the offensive side.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Plenty of look-a-likes running around LA...Probably even a few that are better out in the SF valley...and way nastier too:mustache::cool::party::nice:....I wouldn't doubt he's found 2 or 3 already since he doesn't have to worry about starting and all....;)
Haha, so nasty so true....

A55VA6

Legend
Went looks solid so far, but we have yet to see Goff play. They could both end up being really good.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like that Merlin. Wentz is a punk. He's a puke. And the people that like him are yellow-bellied, boy worshipping jack-holes.

Sorry, I'm getting tired of the Wentz crap.

Go to your Eagles site and lap his milk.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Get 'em!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There is no denying the kid is playing great , and it looks like he will be a NFL QB for a long time . Yes it's only 3 games but I go by what I see , and he looks pretty darn good . The hard part is waiting to unwrap the Goff present to see what we have . I live in the central Pa . , and the hype is unreal about him . The joke right now is who is more sick about passing on him . The Rams or Browns. I'm all in on Goff but I still can't believe the kid is not ready . It's very strange to say the least .
So what you're saying is...you're living in Carson, Wentzylvannia and it's getting annoying?
200w.gif