Studman Bailey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Rock on, Steddy B! Would love to see him back in horns. Has it really been 3 years already?!? Wow....seems like it was more recent than that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nice route. Dude had/has all the tools to be great. Hopefully it works out for him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-i-can-show-the-world-anything-is-possible/

Stedman Bailey: I can show the world anything is possible
Posted by Josh Alper on April 3, 2018

gettyimages-460341662-e1522762412395.jpg

Getty Images

Stedman Bailey’s promising career as a Rams wide receiver came screeching to a halt in 2015 when he was shot in the head in Miami, but he hopes the abrupt stop won’t be a permanent one.

Bailey worked out at Marshall’s Pro Day recently and ran a 4.43 40-yard dash as he tries to find a team interested in giving him a chance at an improbable second act in the NFL. If Bailey does get that opportunity, he wants to use it to “motivate people around the world” by showing that people can bounce back successfully from serious problems.

“You’ve seen dudes come back from ACLs, Achilles, broken bones,” Bailey said to Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report. “I want to be the one to show people that no matter what you go through, you don’t have to let other people define who you are as a person, what you can do as a person — and I can show the world anything is possible. I know when I step on the field, there’s a 100 percent chance I win Comeback Player of the Year. And then I’ll get up on the stage and just blow you away with all that I’ve been through.”

Bailey, who has a titanium plate in his skull, expresses no doubt about his ability to return to the field but knows that others will harbor them. He says that he’d ask those people what’s stopped Bailey to this point and vows not to let anyone tell him he can’t achieve his goal.

That’s the attitude he’ll need to see a comeback through and it’s hard not to root for Bailey getting another chance after all he’s been through the last few years.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Practice is one thing, full contact is another. Protect your brain, dude, there are more important things.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know how dangerous it will be for him to play again. But he's determined to live his dream. You gotta give him props for that. He always had good hands and could run good routes. Just couldn't get separation at times. In the right offense I could see him being like a Robert Woods type of receiver. Playing in Fisher's offense had to set him back.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant blame him. With the kind of jack on the table for a pro player, its worth it to try until its over.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
As harsh as getting shot in the head sounds, if there is no brain damage, this should not hold him back from teams taking him in. If we allow people to get continuous concussions which is proven to cause brain damage, it would make no sense to not qualify someone like Studman who has no proven damage.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ironic that right now the top two threads on my screen were this one and the guy claiming to have 2500 concussions ruining his life.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you conclude that Stedman Bailey is capable of understanding the risks, if he is (obviously he knows) then how can you not support his decision?

My Dad is in his mid 60s and is a skydiving junkie. Thousands of jumps. Bad things can and do happen. Hard landings, line twists, etc. Being around dropzones a lot I can tell you that there are plenty of sky diving incidents... you make enough jumps, your chances of an accident go up.
The truth is its dangerous for a man his age to take these risks. He has a lot of family that care about him.

Nobody tells him he should give up his passion because its not safe.
Let people live their lives and accept the possible outcomes of THEIR decisions.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always one of my son's and I favorite players . He took the time to come over and take a great pic with my son before a game . Best set of hands since Holt .

Ram65

Legend
I don't know how dangerous it will be for him to play again. But he's determined to live his dream. You gotta give him props for that. He always had good hands and could run good routes. Just couldn't get separation at times. In the right offense I could see him being like a Robert Woods type of receiver. Playing in Fisher's offense had to set him back.

I recall him getting Offensive Pass Interference at least once and maybe more. He had very good hands but, that lack of separation held him back.

I would like to see him on a team this year. If the Docs cleared him why not? He has been working hard and deserves a chance to play again.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I recall him getting Offensive Pass Interference at least once and maybe more. He had very good hands but, that lack of separation held him back.

I would like to see him on a team this year. If the Docs cleared him why not? He has been working hard and deserves a chance to play again.
I wish him the best and I hope he can prove everyone wrong without injuring himself. I would definitely not be interested to have him back, he was average at best. He's nowhere close to the receivers we have now.

Ram65

Legend
I wish him the best and I hope he can prove everyone wrong without injuring himself. I would definitely not be interested to have him back, he was average at best. He's nowhere close to the receivers we have now.

I wasn't saying the Rams should give him a chance. We haven't seen him play in years. I would like to see what he has on any NFL team. As far as the Rams go Woods and Kupp a very good then who knows after that. Hope Mike Thomas steps up as well as Reynolds.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I wasn't saying the Rams should give him a chance. We haven't seen him play in years. I would like to see what he has on any NFL team. As far as the Rams go Woods and Kupp a very good then who knows after that. Hope Mike Thomas steps up as well as Reynolds.
sorry, I mistakenly quoted you although I agree with you on his lack of getting separation.