Strangely, I'm just not that upset after the Packer loss...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It's extremely easy for me to get over losses with this team now. For a different reason than most mentioned though.

It used to be observation, and patience as a result of a loss from the team. We all knew when the team initially got blown up after the GSOT that it was going to be a LONG time until they could compete at a playoff level again. Then after years and years of losing, and changes in personnel/staff, the losses turned to anger/frustration. Every Sunday was miserable. We HAD the time to build, and then it was obvious that the whole thing was wrong, and needed to be "blown up" again. Soon we had enough talent, and the team was at least competitive to the point that the losses were just disappointing. We were (and still are) losing games that we could easily win. How do we fix it? What needs to be done?

That said, now I'm close to being numb. After the organization telling my city to go fuck itself before the season started, and the team picking up it's exact same inconsistent identity from last year, it's very hard to even give a fuck about a loss after 24 hours. This is the Rams. This is the team who has let me down for over a decade now, and are rewarding me with moving the team I've paid to watch fail miserably for the entirety of it. There isn't much this team can do from now on to upset me for an extended period of time.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's extremely easy for me to get over losses with this team now. For a different reason than most mentioned though.

It used to be observation, and patience as a result of a loss from the team. We all knew when the team initially got blown up after the GSOT that it was going to be a LONG time until they could compete at a playoff level again. Then after years and years of losing, and changes in personnel/staff, the losses turned to anger/frustration. Every Sunday was miserable. We HAD the time to build, and then it was obvious that the whole thing was wrong, and needed to be "blown up" again. Soon we had enough talent, and the team was at least competitive to the point that the losses were just disappointing. We were (and still are) losing games that we could easily win. How do we fix it? What needs to be done?

That said, now I'm close to being numb. After the organization telling my city to go freak itself before the season started, and the team picking up it's exact same inconsistent identity from last year, it's very hard to even give a freak about a loss after 24 hours. This is the Rams. This is the team who has let me down for over a decade now, and are rewarding me with moving the team I've paid to watch fail miserably for the entirety of it. There isn't much this team can do from now on to upset me for an extended period of time.
But yet, here you still are with your heart still pumping Blue and Gold/Yellow/White. It is a testament to your loyalty or to your perseverance. Either way, they are both battle hardened and admirable. WE SHALL BE REWARDED AGAIN! Stay the course!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, I'm just not at all upset.

The kind of frustration I see from some fans after losses is strange to me.
We've haven't played a complete game yet, but we've shown up in 4 of 5 games. Those games happen to be against Sea, Pitt, Az and GB.

We've played the murderer's row of our schedule, showed that we are much better than in any of the previous 8 or 9 seasons imo, and now have a bye and our schedule gets easier.

We might not make the playoffs but I am confident that we will finish the season with a winning record and as one of the best teams in the league.

I'm ok. Not ideal... but what is? There's 32 other teams too....

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
The OL will get better with experience I hope. The question is can Foles continue to take the beating? I have no doubt he will continue to stand in the pocket.

jap

Legend
The key to the passing game is getting that young OL in sync. It's a shame they had to endure growing pains against some of the better defenses out there, but then again that's how you learn best. I don't think Nick is all that great throwing on the move, so he needs to step up into his releases behind a solid OL.

Has Nick ever played out of the shotgun formation before? That can buy him a few moments to locate targets before the boom comes. Delayed handouts out of the shotgun is a rare play that can work beautifully when the defense is fooled. With an elite talent like the Express!, we need to explore a lot of possibilities. The bye should give them time to recharge their batteries and come back refreshed.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I guess I can't say I'm all that upset. I never expected a win there. But it was frustrating watching a game where an upset win was actually attainable, then leaving all those points on the field.

I guess that is the difference between an elite team and one who wants to be. They made the right plays to win. We made the wrong mistakes to lose. We're gonna have to figure that out if we wanna be a winner.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They will lose too many without one. I would have a fire sale and get some solid bodies in here.
I agree with you on most of your point my brother, BUT I'm not ready to endorse a "Fire Sale"! IDK what to do, Maybe bring Battle up from the PS, to put pressure on GRob! But IDK about the fire sale idea!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
One other point I forgot to add, but think is worth mentioning. I have been on here bytchin, moaning and crying about Williams and his damn cushions he requires his DB's to give.

Well this week they pressed and we found out exactly why he gives those cushions. Maybe if Gaines comes back healthy and we keep JJ and Tru we can give it a shot again next year, but as for this year, go ahead bring the couches back out Williams. One thing this defense didn't do with those big cushions is give up a whole lot of deep passes. Turns out Williams knows his personnel better than I do. It was a learning experience and a humbling one at that, but it taught us something organizationally I think.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
One other point I forgot to add, but think is worth mentioning. I have been on here bytchin, moaning and crying about Williams and his damn cushions he requires his DB's to give.

Well this week they pressed and we found out exactly why he gives those cushions. Maybe if Gaines comes back healthy and we keep JJ and Tru we can give it a shot again next year, but as for this year, go ahead bring the couches back out Williams. One thing this defense didn't do with those big cushions is give up a whole lot of deep passes. Turns out Williams knows his personnel better than I do. It was a learning experience and a humbling one at that, but it taught us something organizationally I think.
They still limited Green Bay to 2 offensive touchdowns, right?

I was happy with the defensive performance. Sure, we have a secondary tailored to Greg Williams' defense, but he will still scheme differently for every team we play against. My point is that you may yet see it again. We certainly saw it some last year.

The same goes for the offensive line, they are not as bad as people are making them out to be. We scheme for and adjust to what the other team is doing, so it's no surprise that pass blocking is better in some games, same for zone blocking working against some and power blocking against others.

We started out looking very inept, but as the game progressed, the team looked scary as they started to make a game of it against who is my only obvious pick for the super bowl :)