Still very much alive

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I said it last week after the Rams beat the Browns. This team would be very much alive in the playoff hunt even with a loss to the Ravens. This game is a barometer of their potential going into the last 4 games. They went toe to toe with a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

IMO they have a legit opportunity to sweep the remaining 4 games and go 10-7 which gets them into the playoffs as probably the 6th seed. It's going to be a coin toss at this time to get in at 9-8 but its a realistic possibility. That would probably pit them against Dallas which is just fine with me. IMO Dallas is not as good as the Niners and gives the Rams a legit shot at an upset in the playoffs.

I've always felt that the Rams would make it at least to the divisional round.

The way the OL played in the run game against a good defensive front shows how good they can be. Robinson is an underappreciated talent. His route running and blocking is pretty damn good. I can see him making a case to be Jefferson's replacement at XWR going forward and would be surprised if he wasn't extended.

Yeah, the Rams are still very much alive in the playoff hunt here in December. What more can you ask. Win out and they are in. Win three of the last four which is realistic and they probably get in as well.

TexasRam

Legend
Robinson has had some key catches for us down the stretch here.

I definitely like him as a 3rd option. Better then Tutu and Jefferson.

But they need to use him correctly. I wouldn't be throwing a jump ball in crunch time vs double coverage and Marlon Humphrey out there. That's the role Puka should be filling.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Going to have to win the next three games. Not much room for error against three teams that we should beat on paper.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm curious as to how health the Rams will be going into their next game. It seems like they got beat up a little in this one.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Relevant football in mid December. I'll take it over Fisher ball every year...

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I said it last week after the Rams beat the Browns. This team would be very much alive in the playoff hunt even with a loss to the Ravens. This game is a barometer of their potential going into the last 4 games. They went toe to toe with a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

IMO they have a legit opportunity to sweep the remaining 4 games and go 10-7 which gets them into the playoffs as probably the 6th seed. It's going to be a coin toss at this time to get in at 9-8 but its a realistic possibility. That would probably pit them against Dallas which is just fine with me. IMO Dallas is not as good as the Niners and gives the Rams a legit shot at an upset in the playoffs.

I've always felt that the Rams would make it at least to the divisional round.

The way the OL played in the run game against a good defensive front shows how good they can be. Robinson is an underappreciated talent. His route running and blocking is pretty damn good. I can see him making a case to be Jefferson's replacement at XWR going forward and would be surprised if he wasn't extended.

Yeah, the Rams are still very much alive in the playoff hunt here in December. What more can you ask. Win out and they are in. Win three of the last four which is realistic and they probably get in as well.
I get what you are saying but any loss isnt good, barometer or not. The Rams fucked up a golden opportunity to make that road to the playoffs much much more realistic. Yes we are still in it, but our room for error is smaller plus we need just a little bit of help too.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I agree that we can make the playoffs but we still need to depend on others to lose. Had we won this game, which was well within reach, we would control our own destiny. The next few games we SHOULD win but any given Sunday.

Its nice to be playing meaningful football in December and not completely out of contention. I'm just being a realist when I say the chips need to fall in our favor and I'm not getting my hopes up. I just hope we end the season healthy and keep developing the young guys for a run next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which way is the wind blowing today?

BTW Tobinson had some big moments but only caught 3 of 10 targets.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robinson has had some key catches for us down the stretch here.

I definitely like him as a 3rd option. Better then Tutu and Jefferson.

But they need to use him correctly. I wouldn't be throwing a jump ball in crunch time vs double coverage and Marlon Humphrey out there. That's the role Puka should be filling.

I don't disagree BUT he actually made a good play on that one to knock it away from Humphrey

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That pass was probably a wet ball that slipped out of Stafford's hand because of a poor grip. You could sorta tell by the trajectory. Wet ball and bad thumb equals accuracy issues.

My only gripe is McVay refusing to run the ball inside the 5.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
BTW Tobinson had some big moments but only caught 3 of 10 targets.
Yes like the rest of these WRs not named Kupp or Nacua he is not an ideal out there. He is simply the best of those lesser options because what he does is show up at key moments in a game.

Rams almost certainly will add a wideout this offseason. Either in FA or the draft.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
With better play calling inside the Red Zone the Rams could conceivably win out.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
With better play calling inside the Red Zone the Rams could conceivably win out.
I like our next 3 games but that Whiners one may be tough as we don't know if they'll be playing their starters or not since there's no telling if they'll be playing for playoff seeding. I can see those assholes trying to take pleasure in attempting to knock us outta playoff contention. Regardless, I think we can definitely beat them but that would require us to put together a complete game with very minimal mistakes.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I hope the 9ers play their starters so when the Rams beat their arses there are no excuses and I would like to see them lose a couple of key starters to injuries in that game, just for good measure.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If only the Rams handled their business against the Packers, Bengals, and/or Steelers. Not a big fan of stressing out the final game of the season haha

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We just need to win 3 in a row again. We can do that!

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
God I love the optimism on the board even following a hard fought loss. IMO getting to the playoffs will be the biggest fuck you to the talking head media. That would be the same high as beating the Niners.

Regardless it will set the stage for 2024 and a legit run at the Super Bowl. A few targeted roster acquisitions from the draft and this roster will be complete for a long time.