Still like Hundley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He could be the right guy to sit behind Sam for a couple of years and then take over. He's got the height, can move well enough to extend plays and the arm to make all of the throws.

One thing I'm not sure about, do the Rams have a coach who can help develop him?

Right now he is projected to go in the second round but will he make it there by the time the draft comes around?

STRENGTHS: Looks the part with a tall, well-built frame and has the arm to unleash passes all over the field. Easy throwing motion with a strong, accurate arm. Noel Mazzone's offense asks him to make aggressive downfield throws and his quarterback shows the courage to attempt these passes even with defenders in close proximity to his targets.
Quick set-up and release, and possesses the velocity and touch to make any throw.

Even more impressive than Hundley's elusiveness and acceleration, however, is his vision and poise while buying time in the pocket. Hundley feels pressure well and is willing to step up and re-set while keeping his passing options open, critical for long-term success in the NFL.

Hundley has the physical traits to explode as a dual-threat passer in the NFL, and the mental toughness so critical for success at the next level.

WEAKNESSES: Takes virtually every snap from the shotgun and typically relies upon pre-snap reads in a relatively simple offense. Scouts want to see him operate better from the pocket, especially under duress.

Has a tendency to drop his eyes and look to run in the face of pressure, even when able to elude the initial defender. Good, but not great straight-line speed in the mold of elite dual-threat QBs.

Hundley's ball placement is a work-in-progress. Like most young quarterbacks, he needs to develop his anticipation as a passer and show better rhythm with his weapons, but he has the qualities that can't be coached.

COMPARES TO: Randall Cunningham, ex-Eagles: Hundley possesses a combination of size, athleticism, grace and arm strength reminiscent of the former Pro Bowler Cunningham.

IN OUR VIEW: On the surface, Hundley's skill-set seems every bit as tantalizing as Oregon's Marcus Mariota or Florida State's Jameis Winston. However, Hundley needs to improve in the critical subtleties of the quarterback position - pocket presence, reading defenses and ball placement.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm with you.

Just don't want to over draft him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hundley needs to improve in the critical subtleties of the quarterback position - pocket presence, reading defenses and ball placement.

^ this is why I do not like him... Kinda key stuff to be effective at the position, eh?

If the Rams draft him, I'll be his biggest fan. But... Those attributes scare the shit out of me.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
^ this is why I do not like him... Kinda key stuff to be effective at the position, eh?

If the Rams draft him, I'll be his biggest fan. But... Those attributes scare the crap out of me.
I don't know if that is something they can learn or not. I really hope Sam is the guy for the next 2 or 3 years and then Hundley comes on strong enough to either push Sam out and take over or draw huge returns in a trade.

But do the Rams have or can they get the "QB whisperer" (whoever that is) to develop Hundley????

If not is there another QB that could be this guy?? I'm planning on watch the Michigan St game to check out Cook

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

If the Rams draft him, I'll be his biggest fan. But... Those attributes scare the crap out of me.
That's one guy on him. Worst offensive line in college. Rams transition should be easy, lol.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's one guy on him. Worst offensive line in college. Rams transition should be easy, lol.

Well; all of that I've seen and heard before.

In a weird way I like him despite... But those are serious question marks in my book.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well; all of that I've seen and heard before.

In a weird way I like him despite... But those are serious question marks in my book.
Oh, sure they are, but they don't define him. He's made leaps and bounds this year. Accuracy isn't really an issue, other than deep ball, and that is because of many factors, including, the OL, and how much they rotate WR's.

I don't know if he is a hit or miss, nobody does, but he has all the tools.

Last edited:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
First round, no way. Late second after a trade down, interesting. Third round, I'm ready to throw the dice...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WEAKNESSES: Scouts want to see him operate better from the pocket, especially under duress.

Has a tendency to drop his eyes and look to run in the face of pressure, even when able to elude the initial defender.

Hundley's ball placement is a work-in-progress. Like most young quarterbacks, he needs to develop his anticipation as a passer and show better rhythm with his weapons, but he has the qualities that can't be coached.

IN OUR VIEW: However, Hundley needs to improve in the critical subtleties of the quarterback position - pocket presence, reading defenses and ball placement.

I hate to be this way but those are all MAJOR weaknesses. And those are all issues I've seen while watching him as well.

Hundley bothers me because I see the upside but I can't help but think of Jason Campbell when I think about his strengths and weaknesses.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
images

I'm with it!

Draft him!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hate to be this way but those are all MAJOR weaknesses. And those are all issues I've seen while watching him as well.

Hundley bothers me because I see the upside but I can't help but think of Jason Campbell when I think about his strengths and weaknesses.
I hear you. I see things like he just took the school record for TD passes followed by he doesn't have good pocket presence. How does that happen in the PAC 12? Unfortunately I don't know if there is a better option coming out where they are drafting. And, I would not give up multiple 1's for Winston or Mariota

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't have a problem with Hundley, at the right spot. I don't want to draft him over his value just because we need a QB, and I definitely don't want him to be the only option behind Bradford, because if Hundley has to play his first year and even second year it's going to be a disaster.

However, I'm a big fan of his upside and if he's put in the position where he can develop for around 2 years or so, not forcing him into the fire, I think he could be great. He needs a lot of work though.

So depending on where we get him...3rd...maybe. I'm going to be pissed if we take him too much earlier though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear you. I see things like he just took the school record for TD passes followed by he doesn't have good pocket presence. How does that happen in the PAC 12? Unfortunately I don't know if there is a better option coming out where they are drafting. And, I would not give up multiple 1's for Winston or Mariota

And that's why I feel the way I do in the thread I recently posted. ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't have a problem with Hundley, at the right spot. I don't want to draft him over his value just because we need a QB, and I definitely don't want him to be the only option behind Bradford, because if Hundley has to play his first year and even second year it's going to be a disaster.

However, I'm a big fan of his upside and if he's put in the position where he can develop for around 2 years or so, not forcing him into the fire, I think he could be great. He needs a lot of work though.

So depending on where we get him...3rd...maybe. I'm going to be pissed if we take him too much earlier though.

How many QB's with upside have emerged like that, tho?

At that position, you have it or you don't. I just can't think of many who rode the bench to hone those type of skills.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Me too, I really like him. I'd take him after a trade back in the second.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
No thank you X a million! I dont want a qb that isnt mentally capable. Give me a smart qb over an athletic one any day

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
have the pre draft threads now been moved to the main forum?
I like Hundley but not with our first pick.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And that's why I feel the way I do in the thread I recently posted. ;)
I was thinking Sam, Glennon, Hundley would be a decent stable