Still Early Yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What you have just described is a team over flowing with talent and no leadership.

In each of the losses this season, Fisher had possession at half time, time on the clock, timeouts, and gave up. That's unforgivable to me.
14 seconds on your own 20 and leading. Not sure I find a lot of fault in taking a knee there and I am one to loath letting the clock expire rather than try to put up some points. I think Monday's game was one of the rare situations where I didn't have a problem with it.

As to your contention that the Rams had the ball at the end of each half and just ran out the clock, let's look at that. In the Minnesota game, Hill fumbles the ball, the Rams recover and then on the next play, Hill throws a bad interception and sustains a leg injury. After a quick viqueens score, they have 21 seconds left on the 20, a gimpy QB and Davis having never taken a regular season snap. In the Tampa game, Tampa had the ball at the end of the half - but of course that was a win for us. In the Dallas game we got the ball at the 20 with 2 seconds left. Guess we could have run the hook and ladder play but..... In the Philly game, we got the ball at our own 1 yard line with 30 seconds to play. We ran two run plays.

I just think you are reaching a bit here with this. I understand what you are saying but I also don't think these were situations where I'm yelling at the TV. And believe me. In most cases where the Rams have just run the clock out to end the half, I AM SCREAMING at the TV.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
@rams56

I've 'liked' every one of your posts in this thread. Love the positivity. Whether or not people agree with you is irrelevant in my view because if you can't at least try n be positive about the Rams' situation then you may as well give up altogether

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
1-4 I know.... everyone is deflated, frustrated, even mad. I get this. ...I feel that too.... after every loss for at least a couple of days.

Here is the thing though..... we could easily be 4-1. We lost two games to NFC East who appear to be a much better division than originally thought. And a tough loss to the 49ers ( gag...cough) ...yuk. We were in all those games though with a chance to win or tie in the end.
The fantom penalties cost us big..... but we were in every game.
OUR oline has not played well yet with Long looking like he lost a step......yet we had a chance to tie at the end of the 49ers game.
We cannot sack a single opposing qb.... but we had an awesome goalie stand and almost tied the game.
Our running game has not got going this year......yet we could easily be 4-1.
Mental lapses suck..... but no one is beating us physically on deep passes. And even with all those lapses...... we have still been very competitive.

Not to beat a dead horse to death.... but we are very close. We are very young and very talented with a virtual rookie at qb......sure the team is down now.....as well as the fans...... we don't want the Rams to quit trying just because they are down.....we as fans shouldn't quit either.....they need us if we are going to keep improving. And who knows maybe we start getting some sacks....maybe in bunches......stringing some wins together.....for that matter.... maybe the light goes on and we make the playoffs at 10-6....it can be done....and if it hasn't we can be the first. ....

This season isn't over by a long shot...... sure we may have to overcome the Opponents, the refs, and blown assignments. .... but we have been doing that all season. And have been close. We just need to win those close ones.

Go Rams........;)
I stated this on an other thread, but it bares repeating! The 1970 Bengles went 1-6 and turned it around and made the playoffs! Why can't the Rams!!? the 2010 Seahawks went 7-9 and made the playoffs! Why can't the Rams!?

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@rams56

I've 'liked' every one of your posts in this thread. Love the positivity. Whether or not people agree with you is irrelevant in my view because if you can't at least try n be positive about the Rams' situation then you may as well give up altogether

thank you......;)

Go Rams........ ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@rams56

^^^ This - BIG TIME.

I for one would also like to thank you for this thread. It's a much needed reprieve from the doom and gloom that has understandably been the majority of posts these days.

GO RAMS!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I stated this on an other thread, but it bares repeating! The 1970 Bengles went 1-6 and turned it around and made the playoffs! Why can't the Rams!!? the 2010 Seahawks went 7-9 and made the playoffs! Why can't the Rams!?
I don't see 7-9 making the playoffs but I also am completely unwilling to concede after 5 games.

Go RAMS!!!

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
^^^ This - BIG TIME.

I for one would also like to thank you for this thread. It's a much needed reprieve from the doom and gloom that has understandably been the majority of posts these days.

GO RAMS!!!

Thank you......;)
My Rams brothers and sisters are so worth it... and I respect everyone who has different options from mine.... I very much appreciate your input. ...all of you..... thanks.....so much....;)
Go Rams........ ;)

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
The only positive I can think about is the last Giants Superbowl team. Weren't they a few games under .500 before pulling their heads out of their asses and going on that run? Not saying this team is capable of that type of run but they are capable of going on a run and finishing the season with a record better than 7-9.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I respect that... ;).. but please try to rebound as fast as you can..... this very young Rams team needs our support. .... needs us to believe in them.....this season isn't over and there is still time for them to come together....for them to do great things....for them to win 1...2...3..... ..10 games this season..... all it will take is 1 win against a good team to get this moving in the right direction. ...... despite all the mistakes made and/or will be made by this young talented team...... we are a juggernaut. ...waiting to explode onto the scene. ......once we get over the hump......we will never look back.....the future is years of winning seasons. .... I know ...that's just my opinion. .... But that's what I honestly see and believe.
Go Rams......... ;)
You need to post more.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Good thread! the losses are indeed sickening, but our young team needs our support, especially minus some crucial field generals (SB & CL).
I'm just excited about the grand opening of "Grob's pancake house"! With Tre soon to be serving "mason jars" of sweet Td's in the endzone! he probably would've had one, too, if not for B Quick's butt tackle.