Still Early Yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
1-4 I know.... everyone is deflated, frustrated, even mad. I get this. ...I feel that too.... after every loss for at least a couple of days.

Here is the thing though..... we could easily be 4-1. We lost two games to NFC East who appear to be a much better division than originally thought. And a tough loss to the 49ers ( gag...cough) ...yuk. We were in all those games though with a chance to win or tie in the end.
The fantom penalties cost us big..... but we were in every game.
OUR oline has not played well yet with Long looking like he lost a step......yet we had a chance to tie at the end of the 49ers game.
We cannot sack a single opposing qb.... but we had an awesome goalie stand and almost tied the game.
Our running game has not got going this year......yet we could easily be 4-1.
Mental lapses suck..... but no one is beating us physically on deep passes. And even with all those lapses...... we have still been very competitive.

Not to beat a dead horse to death.... but we are very close. We are very young and very talented with a virtual rookie at qb......sure the team is down now.....as well as the fans...... we don't want the Rams to quit trying just because they are down.....we as fans shouldn't quit either.....they need us if we are going to keep improving. And who knows maybe we start getting some sacks....maybe in bunches......stringing some wins together.....for that matter.... maybe the light goes on and we make the playoffs at 10-6....it can be done....and if it hasn't we can be the first. ....

This season isn't over by a long shot...... sure we may have to overcome the Opponents, the refs, and blown assignments. .... but we have been doing that all season. And have been close. We just need to win those close ones.

Go Rams........;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We're not mathematically eliminated...

That's as positive as I can get, right now.

rams56

Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're not mathematically eliminated...

That's as positive as I can get, right now.

I respect that... ;).. but please try to rebound as fast as you can..... this very young Rams team needs our support. .... needs us to believe in them.....this season isn't over and there is still time for them to come together....for them to do great things....for them to win 1...2...3..... ..10 games this season..... all it will take is 1 win against a good team to get this moving in the right direction. ...... despite all the mistakes made and/or will be made by this young talented team...... we are a juggernaut. ...waiting to explode onto the scene. ......once we get over the hump......we will never look back.....the future is years of winning seasons. .... I know ...that's just my opinion. .... But that's what I honestly see and believe.
Go Rams......... ;)

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
I was as sick watching the game Monday night as anyone else. Our Rams have been knocking at the door and for some reason can’t seem to get through. I know it’s easy to say “Just take away (name the play/score) and look where we would be”, but I can’t help thinking that way. Take away a pick 6 in the Dallas game and we win it. Take away either the blocked punt OR the fumble that both ended with a score and we win the game against the Eagles. Without the blown play at the end of the 2nd half (that never should have happened because we should have still had possession) or the pick 6 that likely occurred BECAUSE we were trying to play catch-up as a result of the former play, and the 9ers game might be a W. That’s just a handful of plays separating a 1-4 record from a 4-1 record. And these close games have come against two 5-1 teams and a 4-2 team. I think we played the Cowboys and Eagles at least as hard as the Seahawks and 49ers did.

Those who say they have had enough and are done with the Rams this year would be the loudest voices against them if the players quit this season. You know those guys feel the pressure much more than we do. It’s time to really see what Fisher is as a head coach - beyond X’s and O’s - as a leader of men. There are better games and more wins for the Rams this season. I hope every real Rams fan stays optimistic and supportive as they work this out!

RamzFanz

Damnit
1-4 I know.... everyone is deflated, frustrated, even mad. I get this. ...I feel that too.... after every loss for at least a couple of days.

Here is the thing though..... we could easily be 4-1. We lost two games to NFC East who appear to be a much better division than originally thought. And a tough loss to the 49ers ( gag...cough) ...yuk. We were in all those games though with a chance to win or tie in the end.
The fantom penalties cost us big..... but we were in every game.
OUR oline has not played well yet with Long looking like he lost a step......yet we had a chance to tie at the end of the 49ers game.
We cannot sack a single opposing qb.... but we had an awesome goalie stand and almost tied the game.
Our running game has not got going this year......yet we could easily be 4-1.
Mental lapses suck..... but no one is beating us physically on deep passes. And even with all those lapses...... we have still been very competitive.

Not to beat a dead horse to death.... but we are very close. We are very young and very talented with a virtual rookie at qb......sure the team is down now.....as well as the fans...... we don't want the Rams to quit trying just because they are down.....we as fans shouldn't quit either.....they need us if we are going to keep improving. And who knows maybe we start getting some sacks....maybe in bunches......stringing some wins together.....for that matter.... maybe the light goes on and we make the playoffs at 10-6....it can be done....and if it hasn't we can be the first. ....

This season isn't over by a long shot...... sure we may have to overcome the Opponents, the refs, and blown assignments. .... but we have been doing that all season. And have been close. We just need to win those close ones.

Go Rams........;)

What you have just described is a team over flowing with talent and no leadership.

In each of the losses this season, Fisher had possession at half time, time on the clock, timeouts, and gave up. That's unforgivable to me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you remember recently...the Seahawks 2 years ago....and the Panthers....they were losing close games then broke through and were winning close games...I think the Browns are going through the winning close ones right as we write this...it takes time...esp. without our #1 QB

rams56

Name
Steve
What you have just described is a team over flowing with talent and no leadership.

In each of the losses this season, Fisher had possession at half time, time on the clock, timeouts, and gave up. That's unforgivable to me.

I understand and respect your opinion. ...but here is where my opinion differs from yours. ......I never saw a team that gave up.....so I disagree with you here.....a blown coverage....a missed block are not giving up. A goal line stand is not giving up.....a blown call by the refs twice in one game allowing first downs on third and long are not giving up.....they are stuff we have to get through. ... but giving up no way. These losses need to be used as motivation. ....to galvanize this team and it's fan base..... it is us against the world....we are very very close in my opinion. ...sure the loss and some of the stuff that goes with it suck..... but it isn't over by a long shot......;)
GO RAMS........ ;)

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
we could easily be 4-1 but we're not, we're 1-4 and the pendelum is swinging to the south. This years team has been explosive for at least 1 quarter of each and every game. The problem is theres 3 more quarters to play.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Is this really accurate? I didn't realize

RamzFanz

Damnit
I understand and respect your opinion. ...but here is where my opinion differs from yours. ......I never saw a team that gave up.....so I disagree with you here.....a blown coverage....a missed block are not giving up. A goal line stand is not giving up.....a blown call by the refs twice in one game allowing first downs on third and long are not giving up.....they are stuff we have to get through. ... but giving up no way. These losses need to be used as motivation. ....to galvanize this team and it's fan base..... it is us against the world....we are very very close in my opinion. ...sure the loss and some of the stuff that goes with it suck..... but it isn't over by a long shot......;)
GO RAMS........ ;)

We could spend all day listing the reasons the Rams lose, fair or not.

My point is not that the players gave up, but the leadership did. Fisher gave away possessions in each of their losses. Schotty went from excellent play calling to nothing. The clock management was horrible.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Is this really accurate? I didn't realize

Yep. They either kneeled or ran up the middle and let the time expire. Not once did he use a first half timeout on the final possession and in each of these losses, the ball was going to the other team in the second half if I remember correctly.

rams56

Name
Steve
we could easily be 4-1 but we're not, we're 1-4 and the pendelum is swinging to the south. This years team has been explosive for at least 1 quarter of each and every game. The problem is theres 3 more quarters to play.

And there is 11 more games to get it right.....to make the playoffs.....to still do great things......a 1-4 start does suck....no if and or buts.....and I'm not trying to make excuses.....we are 1-4... as a fan I'm trying to rally this young team....it's fan base. ....show you that we are close.....and maybe.....just maybe get this thing turned around and build moment for the playoffs.....we still have 5 more division games and 11 more total....and all winnable. ..
Go Rams......... ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
And there is 11 more games to get it right.....to make the playoffs.....to still do great things......a 1-4 start does suck....no if and or buts.....and I'm not trying to make excuses.....we are 1-4... as a fan I'm trying to rally this young team....it's fan base. ....show you that we are close.....and maybe.....just maybe get this thing turned around and build moment for the playoffs.....we still have 5 more division games and 11 more total....and all winnable. ..
Go Rams......... ;)

I agree. They are not completely dead yet because they DO have the talent to win. I've just lost hope that leadership knows what to do and has the heart to do it.

I'd be happy to be wrong but last week when Fisher again gave away a possession, I almost got up and left the game. I did get up after the third quarter. I couldn't watch any more.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think this team has enough to make a huge run, the kind of run they'd need to finish with a winning season. But whatever, I've reserved myself to go back to that watching-them-develop mode.

Basically I refuse to let the losing ruin my fan experience. I stick with my team for a reason and clearly it's not because they need to win or else. Sure would be nice if Davis is the guy, the QB so we don't need to draft the position, but if not no worries that means we'll be drafting very high and can draft the position.

Hoping for a big win vs the Seahawks, but I'm done expecting wins from this team this year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you remember recently...the Seahawks 2 years ago....and the Panthers....they were losing close games then broke through and were winning close games...I think the Browns are going through the winning close ones right as we write this...it takes time...esp. without our #1 QB

rams56

Name
Steve
We could spend all day listing the reasons the Rams lose, fair or not.

My point is not that the players gave up, but the leadership did. Fisher gave away possessions in each of their losses. Schotty went from excellent play calling to nothing. The clock management was horrible.

And I agree with this also....at least I did during the game. But here is my point and the point of this thread....put all the coaching blunders with the players blunders.....a lot huh.....lol.... but what was the score of the 49ers game? When did we actually fall out of contention for the win? Same goes for the Cowboys and Eagles game.....When? Do you think we would have been in these games last year? The year before? If we were 4-1 would we still be assessing blame? We have young team that makes mistakes as young teams do...... but there is no team we should fear.....and there is no team talent wise, that we should feel we couldn't beat...unless we beat ourselves. .....I am not giving up on this team.... I love it and believe in it to much......

GO RAMS....... ;)

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
And I agree with this also....at least I did during the game. But here is my point and the point of this thread....put all the coaching blunders with the players blunders.....a lot huh.....lol.... but what was the score of the 49ers game? When did we actually fall out of contention for the win? Same goes for the Cowboys and Eagles game.....When? Do you think we would have been in these games last year? The year before? If we were 4-1 would we still be assessing blame? We have young team that makes mistakes as young teams do...... but there is no team we should fear.....and there is no team talent wise, that we should feel we couldn't beat...unless we beat ourselves. .....I am not giving up on this team.... I love it and believe in it to much......

GO RAMS....... ;)

Wish I was as drunk as you right now :)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I respect that... ;).. but please try to rebound as fast as you can..... this very young Rams team needs our support. .... needs us to believe in them.....this season isn't over and there is still time for them to come together....for them to do great things....for them to win 1...2...3..... ..10 games this season..... all it will take is 1 win against a good team to get this moving in the right direction. ...... despite all the mistakes made and/or will be made by this young talented team...... we are a juggernaut. ...waiting to explode onto the scene. ......once we get over the hump......we will never look back.....the future is years of winning seasons. .... I know ...that's just my opinion. .... But that's what I honestly see and believe.
Go Rams......... ;)
Go Rams......... ;)

Shoot, man, I'll be sitting in the lower prime next Sunday screaming at the top of my lungs. I just hope the first five games arent the same story for the next two thirds of the season. I got their back, but it's hard to really beleive. Still be there either way, though.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
we are 1-4 not because of a lack of talent but a lack of competent play calling and coaching. think its just luck we go on big scoring runs out-preforming EVERY team we have played at one time or another. but what do good coaches do? they ADJUST! we don't thats why teams overcome us and win.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We are what we are. A super young and many times undisciplined team that makes back breaking mistakes at key positions, at critical times. There is no way...NO WAY JJ should give up that TD to Lloyd with 30 secs remaining in the half and them on their 20. Not in any sane universe does that happen....ever. Same goes for the Jake Long whiff against the Eagles which led to the fumble/score. Pick 6 you say? We got em' in spades. Shouldn't happen this much. Everyone has to be smarter and execute better.

Unfortunately, this team just doesn't "get it". They do not appear to be a cohesive bunch to me. There needs to be some accountability in that locker room, and I just don't know if we have the team leaders (player wise) to help make that happen. Especially with CL down. I really hope I am wrong about that. to be honest, if this team pulls their head out of their ass and somehow wins 7 games this season, I will be just as upset. Why can this team not start the season like they know what they are doing?? There seems to be a pattern of starting slow and playing catch up every year. That just won't get it done in this league.