Still drafting a QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
We lost our primary back up to FA, swapped our QB for another QB in the last year of his rookie deal. Do you think we're still in play for guys like Bryce Petty, Grayson, or Sean Mannion in the draft. I mean god forbid Foles goes down but as we all know it's possible...or he performs well and darts in FA next year. I still think a QB in the mid rounds is needed. What do you all think?

Irish

Starter
Conventional wisdom would say yes. You have a QB coming off of an injury, in the final year of his contract, and as of right now you only have Keenum and Davis waiting in the wings in case Foles gets hurt.

Of course, conventional wisdom has said the same damn thing for the past 3 drafts.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't bother actually now. I say we roll with Foles, or if injured Keenum then address it next year. I think this move (the trade) allows us to really go BPA at #10. Hopefully that would be Amari Cooper, Kevin White or Brandon Scherff. Either of these fella's gives us more now than a QB we're reaching for who's not really a blue-chip prospect anyway.

If Foles gets hurt - then we're in familiar territory - but with both Sam AND Nick Foles we would have had a 1 year contract to deal with and could have tried to address the position in next years draft anway. Foles comes cheaper!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Only if there is one in the draft that the Rams really like.

I hope that there is and they draft him. But no, don't force a pick at this point.

Wonderboy

Rookie
I'm in the camp with not drafting a QB now. If one they really love falls to them in the 2nd or 3rd round, go ahead and pull the trigger. But we could also use some depth on the OL or another LB or WR at that point.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think they could unless Fisher and Snead really avoid it in the draft. If there's someone there that's BPA, you better damn well take him. A guy like Grayson or Petty still sitting there in the third would be hard to pass on. It's all contingent on our other picks though. You might have to reach for a guard in the third if they pass in the first and second.