Steven Jackson to Atlanta

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Lesson said:
Good luck to SJ39. I'll root for him every game unless it hurts the Rams playoff chances or the game itself is against the Rams.

He deserved to play on a more competitive team. He gave it his all. 8 consecutive 1,000+ rushing yards' seasons with only one playoff appearance.

Good luck, SJ.
Right there with ya, Lesson.
Damn! I.m bummed right now.

GO RAMS!!!!

A55VA6

Legend
Ramhusker said:
There's a HUGE freaking HOLE in the Ram's backfield tonight. You can roll Pead, Richardson, and Ganaway in a big ball and it would fall out of SJ's jock strap!!!! Falcons got a friggin steal for $4M a year, a steal. No doubt about it, the Rams will have to spend an early draft pick on a RB because no FAs out there that measure up.
I disagree. I think Richardson and Pead are going to be a great duo of speed and quickness.. and use Ganaway as our power back. I think this was the plan all along if Jackson left.

I think RB is a non issue. We'll see though.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
It is really pain full to lose a back like Steven jackson. he meant so much to this team in so many ways. I think we have the right guys here in place to continue on in a productive way, but I'm really going to miss that man and the professional way he approached the game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Much respect to Steven Jackson. I hope he does well in Atlanta; the compensation pick we'll get will be a good one if he does.

Sadly, the NFL is a business, and running backs don't tend to last very long in this business.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A55VA6 said:
Ramhusker said:
There's a HUGE freaking HOLE in the Ram's backfield tonight. You can roll Pead, Richardson, and Ganaway in a big ball and it would fall out of SJ's jock strap!!!! Falcons got a friggin steal for $4M a year, a steal. No doubt about it, the Rams will have to spend an early draft pick on a RB because no FAs out there that measure up.
I disagree. I think Richardson and Pead are going to be a great duo of speed and quickness.. and use Ganaway as our power back. I think this was the plan all along if Jackson left.

I think RB is a non issue. We'll see though.

Oh, I like Pead and Richardson and don't know enough about our "practice squad" guy Ganaway but none of them hold a candle to SJ. Will they do ok? probably, ok. SB will definitely have it on his shoulders now. They just threw the training wheels away!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
Oh, I like Pead and Richardson and don't know enough about our "practice squad" guy Ganaway but none of them hold a candle to SJ. Will they do ok? probably, ok. SB will definitely have it on his shoulders now. They just threw the training wheels away!

There is a reason they kept Ganaway on the roster all year, they didn't practice squad him, they must have been holding him in case Jackson didn't return.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HE WITH HORNS said:
Ramhusker said:

There is a reason they kept Ganaway on the roster all year, they didn't practice squad him, they must have been holding him in case Jackson didn't return.
That's certainly possible.

…..

Legend
This is just Great :shifty: .....my Girlfriend is a die hard Falcon fan....even forced me to go to the Falcons choke job against SF in the playoffs.

Next year I'll be front row at the game here in the dome....should be fun but We better fkn win. :fk:

I saw Phil Barksdale on my cruise last week.....this was one of his concerns, that Jack would be gone within a week.

Edit- sorrrry.....Joe Barksdale. That makes two times....I got his name wrong on the ship too. :oops:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
X said:
Here's an idea.

QUIT FUCKING STEALING THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF NAME when referring to other teams.

Find a new nickname, or shut your hole.
co-sign

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My only concern(s) with SJ leaving is the blitz pickup on the field and the leadership in the locker room.

I'm one of those fans who has enjoyed watching SJ39 his entire career,but felt he had some notable flaws that just never made much sense to me in terms of his size and power as a RB.

I'm okay with moving forward. It'll be a challenge no doubt,but i'm looking forward to some versatility and speed in the backfield.

I thought for sure he'd wind up in G.B.
Atlanta is getting a quality person and a workhorse.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
mojorizen7 said:
X said:
Here's an idea.

QUIT FUCKING STEALING THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF NAME when referring to other teams.

Find a new nickname, or shut your hole.
co-sign

Will also sign.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm surprised that so many are fast to...not root for or care for him all of a sudden.

This dude basically symoblizes my allegience to the Rams. That shit era from 2005-2011 there was much frustration, anger, idiots, bad players, and he was the only constant.

I hope he does do well...of course I want the Rams to beat Atlanta, but other than that, yeah hope he has a great year.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
YOU THE MAN SJ! Thanks for all the great memories. I will root for you until you hang them up (unless you play us!) THANKS AGAIN MY MAN!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
X said:
Angry Ram said:
X said:
#Unfollowed.

Steven? He's still a great guy...
Of course he is. But I don't care to hear about his exploits in Atlanta ... nor do I want to see a #GoFalcons show up on my screen under his Twitter account. For all his talk about wanting to see it through, and wanting to be here when we turn it around because of all the work he put in, it was all BS. He wants to go where the dollar is, and he wants to *try* to go out a Champion.

Karma sometimes requires you to wear a flak jacket, Steven. #justsayin'

yep so much for being a career Ram and proud of what he's part of here... still p155es me off that he obviously doesn't think the Rams are going to be contenders within the next 3 years - I'll just say one thing...

Watch out SJax and Atlanta, because the Rams are brewing up a storm and thunder and lightning is coming in your direction - don't forget, we know your running routes ;) #gorams!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
mojorizen7 said:
My only concern(s) with SJ leaving is the blitz pickup on the field and the leadership in the locker room.

I'm one of those fans who has enjoyed watching SJ39 his entire career,but felt he had some notable flaws that just never made much sense to me in terms of his size and power as a RB.

I'm okay with moving forward. It'll be a challenge no doubt,but i'm looking forward to some versatility and speed in the backfield.

I thought for sure he'd wind up in G.B.
Atlanta is getting a quality person and a workhorse.

Pretty much my own thoughts as well. To be perfectly honest, SJ has never been a favorite of mine. He has grown up a great bit in his time here , and I appreciate all he has done for the team. That said, I never felt that he was a difference maker for the Rams. I wish him the best, but I am ready for a new chapter in this teams history. I am sure he will do well in Atlanta.