Steven Jackson Presser (6/12)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/06-June//06_12_12_Presser_Jackson.mp4[/flv]

Coach Jeff Fisher called rookie RB Isaiah Pead a dynamic back. “He's a good inside, outside runner with good hands and he can help in the passing game,” Fisher said. “He's got a chance to be a pretty good special teams player, too.” RB Steven Jackson added that Pead is shifty and explosive.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-repo ... t/19341192

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Steven sounds hungry. I love it.

Love hearing this too
"You can just feel it. It’s quite a difference. I haven’t felt this way since the 2004, 2005 years, where now it’s more so ‘when’ is it going to turnaround, not ‘if’ its going to turnaround.”

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Y'know - one of the things I love about a Steven Jackson interview is that the guy doesn't seem to even know any cliches. You don't hear the "we'll have to take that one day at a time", "the guy looks good in practice", "everyone is working hard and progressing", "I think we're all on the same page", blah blah blah. I know what question he was asked by his responses - which is good because half the time I can't hear the question anyway.

BTW - Mr. Quick - SJ is watching you and he expects you to step up.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can tell SJ isn't as impressed with Brian Quick as many others seem to be. What can be read into that assessment? Not working hard enough for SJ? Not showing NFL type skill set quite yet? Looking too much like a project instead of starter material?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ramhusker said:
I can tell SJ isn't as impressed with Brian Quick as many others seem to be. What can be read into that assessment? Not working hard enough for SJ? Not showing NFL type skill set quite yet? Looking too much like a project instead of starter material?

This is what Fisher had to say about him in his presser

“The athletic ability is there. The one-on-one stuff is all there. When he knows exactly what to do, he does it right. Two weeks ago, there was a lot of information coming in there. He was a little hesitant. He wasn’t hesitant today. He was very explosive, making plays. He’s a big target, as you can see. Real good out of frame. He just needs to practice. He’s not intimidated by anything. He just needs to practice, needs to see things and once he knows exactly what to do, he’ll do it well.”

I think it is what it is. He's a rookie with all the talent in the world coming from a small school adjusting to the NFL. Now it's time to work your ass off to show you were worthy of the high 2nd round pick. I don't really see SJ challenging him as an insult to his ability or him as an individual. It's something I'd expect from our 9 year vet Steven, and the coaches too.

It's always better to have that coach or older player get on your case then to just have them turn their head on you. It means they believe in you as a player.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ramhusker said:

No I think he knows that he's a rookie a month into OTAs. There's gonna be high expecations, as SJack said for a high draft pick, but just cool it on the accolades. He needs to prove it just like any other rookie. Let's put it this way, Kendricks has a great preseason, and expecations are higher than Cheech and Chong. But for various reasons doesn't have a good season, and all of a sudden he's a bust. The same thing might happen w/ Quick. He's going against NFL CBs (including Charles Woodson, Revis, Peterson twice, McCourty).

Basically: Let him develop first.