Steven Jackson: ”It was gut wrenching” to leave St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
[5]2275482973001[/5]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football/article/373313/30/JacksonIt-was-gut-wrenching-to-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football ... g-to-leave</a>

Steven Jackson returned to St.Louis on Wednesday night to receive the Visionary Award at the Dining in the Dark event at the Ritz. The event raises money to benefit the fighting of blindness.

Among the highlights of the discussion...

- The decision to leave STL was a very tough one and ”It was gut wrenching” but he had to make the best business decision.

- Discussed how he has grown into the man he is today through St. Louis. The leading instincts and drive he currently has was built from going through the hardships and also watching vets like Torry and Isaac train, learning from them.

- Thinks the Rams will contend for the NFC West. Thinks the team is in good hands

- Discusses his relationship with Sam, how they are in "constant communication" and he considers him like a "little brother". He will continue to be there for Sam whenever he needs to talk because he understands the pressure that is on him.

Really cool interview. Respect SJ! Good luck!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: Steven Jackson: ”It was gut wrenching” to leave St. Loui

I wonder if Steven will consider coaching after his career.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

bluecoconuts said:
I wonder if Steven will consider coaching after his career.

I bet he opens a travel agency and guides the tours himself.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

I miss him :(

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Steven Jackson; that's a role model right there.

superfan24

Starter

Gosh I seriously don't know if I will be able to watch any part of Falcon's games next year.
Still wish he was a Ram....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

superfan24 said:
Gosh I seriously don't know if I will be able to watch any part of Falcon's games next year.
Still wish he was a Ram....

Right there with you man.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven

It'll be hard to stomach, but I kind of hope Steven Jackson helps the Falcons reach the Super Bowl this season. The man deserves it after sticking with the Rams through all the horrible seasons.

RamsNation

Rookie

If it ain't the Rams I want the Falcons to win it all, for SJ39 alone.Of course the football gods have us playing in ATL this year,how coincidental lol.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

SJ39 has been a great sportsman and Ram, but he's now a Falcon - I wish him all the best, however, I'll only root for the Falcons if they play anyone else in our division. All of this 'gut-wrenching' talk, makes me feel a little un-easy.

The facts are, according to SJ himself:

1. He wanted more money - understandable for an ageing RB, but he's already loaded, and as SJ has said on many occasions, there's more to life than money - this isn't the real reason...

2. He didn't want to share snaps with the younger RBs - a selfish decision, and one that doesn't help the team, or the younger RBs, he had snaps when Faulk was playing...

3. He wants the chance to win a SB Ring - so he doesn't think the Rams are going to be contenders within the next 3 years - that's tough on the rest of the team

And before i get my head bitten off, I loved SJ39 in horns, but my loyalty doesn't lie with one man, my loyalty lies with the Rams

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

shaunpinney said:
SJ39 has been a great sportsman and Ram, but he's now a Falcon - I wish him all the best, however, I'll only root for the Falcons if they play anyone else in our division. All of this 'gut-wrenching' talk, makes me feel a little un-easy.

The facts are, according to SJ himself:

1. He wanted more money - understandable for an ageing RB, but he's already loaded, and as SJ has said on many occasions, there's more to life than money - this isn't the real reason...

2. He didn't want to share snaps with the younger RBs - a selfish decision, and one that doesn't help the team, or the younger RBs, he had snaps when Faulk was playing...

3. He wants the chance to win a SB Ring - so he doesn't think the Rams are going to be contenders within the next 3 years - that's tough on the rest of the team

And before i get my head bitten off, I loved SJ39 in horns, but my loyalty doesn't lie with one man, my loyalty lies with the Rams

You hang round here much? this is not a forum that bites people heads off for there clearly stated opinion

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Rabid Ram said:
You hang round here much? this is not a forum that bites people heads off for there clearly stated opinion

My wife thinks I hang round here too much :ww: it's just that SJ is held in very high regard by some fans :huh:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Lol mine to. I see your point but this isnt the PD lol

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

lol - it's why I spend my time here...

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick

Steven Jackson is held in very high regard right here. I hope he breaks the single season rushing record this season (of course he only gets 45 against the Rams). Miss him & wish he was still here, but I wish him all the best. Still one of my all time favorite Rams.

GO RAMS!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

RamsNation said:
If it ain't the Rams I want the Falcons to win it all, for SJ39 alone.Of course the football gods have us playing in ATL this year,how coincidental lol.

I'm with you brother!

Ram_of_Old

I will be watching the Falcons with interest this year. I hope they are very good and I think they will be.