Steven Jackson expected to be released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He isn't good enough to stick on this roster now unfortunately. Plus this is a very deep RB draft and Fish will have a chance to add a very good back mid to late rounds given that there should be a strong talent/value option.

If he's signed by the Rams it would be a sign/retire deal IMO.

A55VA6

Legend
Career is over. It was a good run. Might even make the Hall of Fame one day. Too bad all the teams he's been on have sucked.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
When you say they, do you mean all 1 of the people that is still in the organization after the Warner decision?
I'm talking about Arizona retiring his jersey and the Rams can't even do that after all he did for the organization.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm talking about Arizona retiring his jersey and the Rams can't even do that after all he did for the organization.
They haven't done it yet... but I'd imagine it will get done someday. Probably after he makes it to the Hall.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I hear you but I disagree. Yes, there were problems with the line at numerous times when he was in STL but Jackson's length, lack of leverage, his need to build up speed to move the pile all played against his ability in short-yardage. I'm not saying he was the worst but it was easily not part of his strengths.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Faulk will always be my favorite Ram but SJ39 will always be a close 2nd. He was the one bright spot we had for so long. No matter how bad we were playing he would be out there running like a mad man. Plus his was the first jersey I ever got.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
image.jpg
image.jpg

Respect.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's done hasn't delivered for the Falcons he won't get better in a Ram uni, and FWIW his short yardage effectiveness has been declining since his back surgery .
Gotta look forward

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not surprising considering his age and injury issues. Hope the Rams sign him for one day so he can retire as a Ram.

I know he doesn't need the money, and probably doesn't want to work the hours, but I would LOVE to see him on the coaching staff.

I've been a fan for a long time. Back to Gabe days.

Jackson is one of my faves.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So how's that desire to be the bell cow and to be playing for a playoff team thing working out for you SJ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

That's a signature play, right there.

SJ is one of my all time favorite Rams. During some dark years, he was our star player - nationally. He stood by our team and represented with class, IMO.

Hell of a football player. If he came back for a Bettis-like role - I'd love it!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's a signature play, right there.

SJ is one of my all time favorite Rams. During some dark years, he was our star player - nationally. He stood by our team and represented with class, IMO.

Hell of a football player. If he came back for a Bettis-like role - I'd love it!

The signature play was running through Mike Rumph's attempt at tackling and breaking the bone in his forearm with his thigh.

That was badass. And someone needs to dig up the video and post it, I can't find it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The signature play was running through Mike Rumph's attempt at tackling and breaking the bone in his forearm with his thigh.

That was badass. And someone needs to dig up the video and post it, I can't find it.

I don't like seeing another player injured, but agree that was another example of his brute strength.

SJ needs room to get some momentum... when he had that... dude was hard to bring down.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I loved SJ as a Rams player, his accomplishments were more than impressive considering he never had much of an O-Line to run behind. I'd be happy to have him back for a season if we had finally developed that strong, healthy line so many of us have anticipated over the years, ... but without said line, I couldn't expect any more production out of him than what he has managed with Atlanta.

Give me a solid O-Line first, then we can start talking more about what might be expected of our QB's, RB's & WR's. jmo.