Steven Jackson defying odds -- and age: Very nice video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
[nfl]0ap2000000230086[/nfl]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...son-defying-odds-and-age-with-atlanta-falcons

For all the fans who remain loyal to the Rams all time leading rusher, you will find this piece very respectful and refreshing. Props are given. Great video.

"Most unappreciated ballplayer of the 21st century"

In STL - "Nobody was more of a pro"

"Should you be remembered as one of the greatest?" - SJ: "In my heart I will"

"He is a legitimate throwback!"

-SJ looked very good last night by the way, nice to see him breaking tackles and picking up yards.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
SJ39 will forever hold a special place in my heart. Will always root for him except when he plays us.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I will also always be rooting for him. He played hard through a lot of losing. I hope he will stay healthy and show people what he can do on a good offensive team. If the Rams don't win the super bowl I'll be rooting for the Falcons. I'd like to see Gonzalez and Jackson get a ring.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can't wait to watch it later. Good to see SJ getting some well deserved props. Hope he drops 150 on everyone but us.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Man, I miss SJ39 already. Such a good dude that did it all right in my opinion.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't know why, but I never grew to love that dude. Probably started when he was a douche to the greatest football player I have ever seen. Sorry, but SJ isn't worthy to carry Marshalls jock. Not tryin to be a dick, just my opinion. Wish him the best in Atl though, cept for week 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was almost like the FO could prance out a turd of a team and coaching staff, and SJ would still give us hope, pride and a reason to tune in every lousy week during the dark ages. To see him carry a pile of 5 or 6 guys, literally 1000 to 1200 lbs, to get that first down when we needed it, he was a very special guy. I hope he gets in the HOF and gets a ring.

BobCarl

Rookie
In STL - "Nobody was more of a pro"

If someone wants to put Jackson up on a pedestal next ... to Marshall Faulk and Eric Dickerson, I can't argue.... he put up some impressive numbers and he was difficult to tackle.

But Jackson is not beyond being criticized.

I do recall that when Jackson came to the Rams, he gave Marshall Faulk the cold shoulder.

I also remember that Jackson criticized the St. Louis fans a time or two.

Also, he wasn't the type of person that inspired players around him to take it to the next level.

nevertheless...

But I am proud to say that I was at the Dome to see his first NFL carry and also to see the best game of his career. (Dec 24, 2006)

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jackson had a very nice career for the Rams, but I'm in the minority that believes that he was a part of the problem these last few years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memphis Ram said:
Jackson had a very nice career for the Rams, but I'm in the minority that believes that he was a part of the problem these last few years.
I agree (sorta). I think he positioned himself as irreplaceable, and the coaches bought into that. He's a special kind of runner who would have his place on teams that showcase the run game, but this was never really a grind it out team. In that sense, he was always a minor hindrance. Make no mistake though. Were it not for him during our very lean years, this team would have been unwatchable.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Nothing against Steven, but yes, the Rams will be just fine without him.