Stel's "It is Saturday, 12/12/16, and I'm bored Mock"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Assumptions:
1. Jenkins and Johnson are resigned or adequately replaced by FAs
2. We decide to go with our existing young OLs
3. Long, Hayes, or both remain.
4. Our draft position remains in the 9-10 range.

1. WR Laquon Treadwell, Mississippi. The solid #1 WR we've needed for years and a solid blocker for the running game.
2A. QB Carson Wentz, North Dakota State. I think he will need a year but has solid starter potential. We'll role with Foles and Mannion until he is ready.
2B. TE Hunter Henry, Arkansas. Good size, excellent receiver, and adequate willing blocker in the running game.
3. DT Vernon Bulter, Louisiana Tech. Good run stopper who gets some pressure on the QB.
4. DE James Cowser, Southern Utah. Solid back up DE who will become a starter.
6. FS Sean Davis, Maryland. Experience at S and CB. Position versatile but probably best as a FS.

FRO

Legend
I was working on a similar one. I had Treadwell, Wentz, and Boyd. Very solid job.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Im sorry - I thought you said we would role with Foles. You didn't say that, did you?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. I saw roll with Foles. I'm out.

We have some options at QB this off-season. We don't HAVE to draft an immediate starter. Rolling with Foles is not an option. Besides that, draft seems fine. But we're taking an awfully big risk banking on Wentz to fall into the 2nd. I'm not sold he will. And if he doesn't, we lose out in a big way. Especially with this mock since we didn't add a bridge starter to hold us over.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
We'll role with Foles

Stewie_gun_mouth_super.jpg

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We have some options at QB this off-season. We don't HAVE to draft an immediate starter. Rolling with Foles is not an option. Besides that, draft seems fine. But we're taking an awfully big risk banking on Wentz to fall into the 2nd. I'm not sold he will. And if he doesn't, we lose out in a big way. Especially with this mock since we didn't add a bridge starter to hold us over.

FYI - I don't have us rolling with Foles and Mannion by choice. To me, it is an acceptance of reality. With Foles contract for 2016, I see little chance of him not being on the roster, either as the starter or an expensive back up. Unless they have decided Mannion is a dud, they will keep him, too. Therefore, I think the Rams enter 2016 with Foles, Mannion and someone else, either an FA or a draft pick.

I think one of two things happens. One, the Rams are unsure about Mannion's ability to be a starter and we draft a QB early, and enter the season with draft pick, Foles and Mannion. Two, the Rams think Mannion will be the eventual starter and we go with Foles, a FA, and Mannion.

As I type this, a third possibility hit me. Sign an FA, Foles as back up, draft one and trade Mannion. Think that is a long shot, however.

As to Wentz falling into the second, at this point I think he does. However, as the process develops, if it appears he will move up, those two seconds we have give us a lot of options to move up to take him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
To date, I love picks #1, 2A, and 3. And I hope that all are still on the board when the Rams selections come up.

But, unless that TE can be more like Tony Gonzalez or Jimmy Graham good (friend of mine tells me VA Techs Bucky Hodges could be), I'd pass on selecting a TE in round two. There's a TE named Tyler Higbee who plays for Western Kentucky who may be comparable to Henry, IMO.

I'd love #2B to be Notre Dame center Nick Martin.
And I'd also dump Foles, hope the Rams land QB Colin Kaepernick AND (VERY IMPORTANT) PLAY HIM TO HIS STRENGTHS.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Like the picks not a fan rolling with Foles other mocks had Chase Daniels or Colin Kaepernick and I like those ideas betters. Overall good draft I'm warming up to Wentz, but need to see him in the senior bowl, however, I actually think the Rams will be drafting higher and will be able to nab California's golden boy in Jared Goff and hopefully Goff will prove to have a Midas touch!

Athos

Legend
If we roll with Foles, look at another top ten pick coming our way unless Mannion shows more than he did in college.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like Wentz.....better options for TE......Still think we need a center....and another wr....Britt's gone after 2016... Keep em coming Stel....we'll find something....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man if we could come out of rounds 1 and 2 with Treadwell, Wentz/Brissett and Nick Martin I think I'd have a stroke

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But, unless that TE can be more like Tony Gonzalez or Jimmy Graham good (friend of mine tells me VA Techs Bucky Hodges could be), I'd pass on selecting a TE in round two. There's a TE named Tyler Higbee who plays for Western Kentucky who may be comparable to Henry, IMO.

He's more like Tyler Eifert or Jason Witten (as a pure receiver...not Witten good as a blocker). Great hands and does a nice job of getting open in the short to intermediate range. Doesn't have Graham's or Gonzalez's deep speed. But IIRC he dropped zero passes this year and made a number of difficult catches in traffic. Basically, the anti-Cook in that regard.

The Rams need a big, reliable option. Definitely has potential to be that.

Somebody threw out the name Beau Sandland. He seems like an intriguing sleeper.

I've only seen Hodges against Ohio State...but it was a performance that's hard to forget. Terrible. Dropped multiple passes, failed to reign in multiple passes in traffic, and ended the day with zero catches.

nighttrain

Legend

in KC
There has to be a trade out there for a QB better than Foles, that guy Daniels? backup to Smith in KC
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in KC
There has to be a trade out there for a QB better than Foles, that guy Daniels? backup to Smith in KC
train

Daniel is a FA. And I'd be all for signing him. Think he'll come fairly cheap compared to other QBs.($4 to $5 million per year max)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Daniel is a FA. And I'd be all for signing him. Think he'll come fairly cheap compared to other QBs.($4 to $5 million per year max)
KC has ben very reluctant to let him go.
I think a lot of teams would like to have him.
He may be a tough one to get.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KC has ben very reluctant to let him go.
I think a lot of teams would like to have him.
He may be a tough one to get.

Unless KC can convince him to re-sign before FA, they'll have no choice if we come calling offering an opportunity to compete for a starting job and a fair contract offer.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Unless KC can convince him to re-sign before FA, they'll have no choice if we come calling offering an opportunity to compete for a starting job and a fair contract offer.
Daniels deserves to go to a team where he at least has a chance to start.
If I were him, I wouldn't take any offer by KC. Smith is the guy there. I don't care what KC offered, I'd be out of there.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With our lack of an experienced & successful OC, our current OL and receiver situation, what makes us think that free agent QB's will be looking at the Rams as their best possible option, … unless we throw a Brinks truck their way … ?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
With our lack of an experienced & successful OC, our current OL and receiver situation, what makes us think that free agent QB's will be looking at the Rams as their best possible option, … unless we throw a Brinks truck their way … ?
Because we have a very good defense and deep stable of RBs. One of them named Gurley.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Because we're one of a short list of teams that they can start on. And most QBs want to start.