Stedman Bailey still trying to make a comeback.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Stedman Bailey - WR - Free Agent
Free agent WR Stedman Bailey is still hoping to return to the NFL.

Bailey was shot twice in the head during a drive-by in November of 2015, but TMZ Sports reports he has been "training like a maniac" to get back on the field despite being waived by the Rams in April. "Got a procedure coming up that will increase my chances of stepping back out there drastically," Bailey said. "I damn sure owe it to myself to try everything within my power to get back on the field." Bailey said he will move on if he is not cleared following the procedure. Bailey spent last season as a student coach at West Virginia, his alma mater.

Source: TMZ Sports
Jun 5 - 12:21 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
STEDMAN BAILEY'S NFL COMEBACKFINAL SURGERYAfter Drive-By Shooting
6/5/2017 6:10 AM PDT

BREAKING NEWS
0605-stedman-bailey-tmz-4.jpg
Stedman Bailey is still focused on getting back in the NFL -- nearly 2 years after getting shot in the face -- and says he's undergoing one last surgery to increase his chances for a comeback.

Bailey was a stud WR for the Rams before gunmen blasted on him while he was sitting in a car with family members in Nov. 2015. Stedman was hit twice in the head and is lucky to be alive.

The 26-year-old was waived by the Rams in 2016 -- but he's been training like a maniac in an effort to get back on the field.

"Got a procedure coming up that WILL increase my chances of stepping back out there drastically," Bailey says.

"I damn sure owe it to myself to try everything within my power to get back on the field."

Bailey says if he's not medically cleared after this surgery, he'll quit pro football and move on with his life.

"After this procedure if doctors think it's too risky for my health and well being then I'll accept that this door has closed in my life ... but until then I'ma ball until I fall!"

Bailey also says he plans on releasing a book about "how being innocently shot gave me a whole new outlook on life."

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope he can achieve his dream and make a full come-back!! But if it not in the cards, I wish him well!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Idk about stud WR. But the dude was surely the best route runner with the best hands on the team. He was on his way to a 1000 yard season before getting hurt.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't even imagine what this team could do offensively with a healthy Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Austin and Bailey.

A healthy Bailey, truly, would be an embarrassment of riches.

It's the longest of shots, but MAD respect for him getting even this far. Who would have thought that he'd be in this spot in a position to even have the aspiration of coming back after seeing him in that bed???

I'm rooting for him. #ballouttilIfallout

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't even care what team he plays for. For Stedman's sake, I hope he makes a full comeback and just tears it up as an NFL wide receiver.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question I still have is whether he's been medically cleared by any doctors to play. It doesn't sound like it when he references "a procedure that will up his chances to step back on the field". Always root for Studman but he's first gotta get medically cleared. And with the cte issues I just can't see that happening unfortunately.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good for Stedman. If he doesn't make it as a player, I hope to fate that the Rams consider him as a coaching assistant. He's certainly bright enough for the position.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I love the passion he brings - but he had serious head trauma - do you really want to risk that in a contact sport Steadman. A big hit could mark the end for him.

Focus on getting 100% healthy first, but aim at contributing in another way to the sport, as others have said coaching would be perfect for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope for the best for him. Working a year as college coach, not making those NFL millions I'm sure is pretty motivating as well.
He had potential to be a 3rd WR, not sure though that even if he ever gets medically cleared that he'd get a legit shot at making a roster.
Hope he sticks with the coaching

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I am a GM there's no way I'd touch him. First big hit to the head I'd be terrified the dude wouldn't get up, no way I'd go there.

If I am his agent I'd be trying to get him to move on, even if it means terminating his contract. Good luck in your next career SteddyB. You have a lot going for you man, use that degree and get on with your life.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To be young and foolish again....well, I'm still silly....You should see the bets I make in Vegas on the Rams...

No way this guy plays again....stop with the silly surgeries...attach yourself to....damn, what's the new wr coach's name??? And get going with the coaching gig.