Stedman Bailey (pre-draft Article)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramifications

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
little film study, career highlights, his junior/senior tape starts at the 3:55 mark... for a guy supposedly not fast, how does he constantly getting behind DBs?

1) 4:05 - goes up and gets it, shows a little Steve Smith.

2) 4:15 - like how he waits until the last moment to extend his arms for the reception, giving the DB no tip off the ball is coming (you will see this throughout the highlights, he is either very well schooled in fundamentals, a natural or both - another thing you will see in some later highlights in general is he is very good at keeping his feet in bounds).

3) 4:49 - quick hitter, as the DB drags his torso down to the ground and he starts to rotate and somersault in the air, he has the body control, spatial awareness and presence of mind to extend the ball past the stripe... me likey! ;^)

4) 6:19 - kind of subtle, some technical route running, check how as he cuts inside the first DB, he makes sure and changes his angle to cut across the face of the second, converging DB working inside out.

5) 6:47 - nice stiff arm and balance at the end of the play.

6) 7:15 - probably my favorite play... Geno hands the ball off about the 9 yard line, a DL tries to arm tackle him around the 5 yard line, Bailey drags him into the end zone, flashing balance, toughness, determination and deceptive power. This guy wants to score every time!

7) 8:08 - a quick inside pass from left to right, he vectors towards the end zone, a defender grabs grabs his right leg that would have tripped up a lot of WRs, he powers through it and rights himself in almost the same motion, wastes no time, gets back up to full speed in two strides and is off to the races.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Seemed Bailey was "behind" Austin because of all the hype Austin received. That instantly made me curious of how Bailey would play and near the end, he showed what he could do.
Can't wait to see him this season, would love to see him be our best.

You have to wonder, what would've happened if Bailey stayed for his senior yr? We would've drafted Tavon still. the draft after the 3rd rd would've shaken out a bit differently, perhaps we find a way to get Keenan Allen - not my point though. My point is, if Bailey again recorded over 100 catches, for over 1200 yds, with over 10 tds, where would he be in terms of the WR big board for this draft???

I think he would be put before Marquise Lee, projected as a 1-2 rd pick. So from that stand point, we really did get a steal. I think Bailey can be a huge contributor in 2014.

Nice analysis and a very good point.

RamEERS

Pastor
You have to wonder, what would've happened if Bailey stayed for his senior yr? We would've drafted Tavon still. the draft after the 3rd rd would've shaken out a bit differently, perhaps we find a way to get Keenan Allen - not my point though. My point is, if Bailey again recorded over 100 catches, for over 1200 yds, with over 10 tds, where would he be in terms of the WR big board for this draft???

I think he would be put before Marquise Lee, projected as a 1-2 rd pick. So from that stand point, we really did get a steal. I think Bailey can be a huge contributor in 2014.

doubt it... WVU had a huge QB carousel this year to the point where it's a different QB each week... Bailey was extremely smart going into the draft last year that's unfortunately as high as he would've went...

that being said... watch out for bailey... he's basically a steve smith or a isaac bruce/holt... small, yet plays like he's bigger

Ramifications

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
doubt it... WVU had a huge QB carousel this year to the point where it's a different QB each week... Bailey was extremely smart going into the draft last year that's unfortunately as high as he would've went...

that being said... watch out for bailey... he's basically a steve smith or a isaac bruce/holt... small, yet plays like he's bigger

Bailey has everything but size (5'10" 195 lbs.) and breakaway speed (4.52).

But he is big and fast enough to be be effective as a starting WR. I mentioned Hines Ward (from the article) and Derrick Mason above. Another comp might be a slightly shorter, slower Greg Jennings. I have no doubt, in the right situation, he could average more than four receptions per game, so that could be 80-90+ over a season?