Stedman Bailey and tj

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ramhusker said:
All I can say about Stedman Bailey is WOW! I can't believe I don't know more about such a productive WR. Wondering why he wasn't at least a top of the 2nd pick? It looks like a steal all of a sudden.

As far as TJ McDonald goes, I think he is a scheme fit. I'm sure the Rams have a plan. It might include Duke Williams with the next pick?
You should have. He was worth a looksy, but I always had him as a 2nd - 3rd round pick. Stoked to have him, as I've said, he's a really good fit for our team. He can play many WR positions, he's an upgrade to Gibson, whom I liked. He's faster, and more versatile, IMO. Not super explosive, was, and is my only knock on him, but he makes up for it, and he was an extreme value where we picked him, and a great FIT.

This McDonald can only play the box is bullshit. I've seen him play as much as, or more than, any other prospect in this draft, and he can play free, or strong, but IMO, he has to mature a little, and he has to take to coaching. Too much swag with this kid. Sums it up....to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
Going to be a wet blanket here but I didn't like the McDonald pick. Not because I think he can't play. Think he has a ton of potential as a box safety that mans up on TEs. I have an issue with it because he's stiff hipped and lacks natural coverage instincts. IMO, he's not a FS or a guy who can be trusted to cover the back-half solo. IMO, box safeties are less valuable and much easier to find so I was hoping if we went safety, it would be a FS that can cover the back-half.
How many games have you watched him? Or have you just seen clips?

5 games. Don't really care if you don't agree with my opinion but I'm not the guy to pull the "you haven't watched him" argument on. I do my homework. And if I haven't, I'll be the first to tell you. I don't like making statements about players unless I know what I'm talking about.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
Going to be a wet blanket here but I didn't like the McDonald pick. Not because I think he can't play. Think he has a ton of potential as a box safety that mans up on TEs. I have an issue with it because he's stiff hipped and lacks natural coverage instincts. IMO, he's not a FS or a guy who can be trusted to cover the back-half solo. IMO, box safeties are less valuable and much easier to find so I was hoping if we went safety, it would be a FS that can cover the back-half.

5 games. Don't really care if you don't agree with my opinion but I'm not the guy to pull the "you haven't watched him" argument on. I do my homework. And if I haven't, I'll be the first to tell you. I don't like making statements about players unless I know what I'm talking about.
No, I wasn't calling bullshit. Consider the forum.

I respect your opinion. I am not a McDonald fan, maybe you should know that, maybe not, but I just asked if you watched games or just clips? I don't really understand the bull. I just gave you total props in another thread for suggesting Bailey first.

Lost some respect now....Wow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:

No, I wasn't calling BS. Consider the forum.

I respect your opinion. I am not a McDonald fan, maybe you should know that, maybe not, but I just asked if you watched games or just clips? I don't really understand the bull. I just gave you total props in another thread for suggesting Bailey first.

Lost some respect now....Wow.

I could have phrased that better. My apologies. It was too defensive. I am not a clips guy. I am a watch entire games type of guy. Very particular about that.

Have a great weekend. :yeh:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:
All I can say about Stedman Bailey is WOW! I can't believe I don't know more about such a productive WR. Wondering why he wasn't at least a top of the 2nd pick? It looks like a steal all of a sudden.

As far as TJ McDonald goes, I think he is a scheme fit. I'm sure the Rams have a plan. It might include Duke Williams with the next pick?
You should have. He was worth a looksy, but I always had him as a 2nd - 3rd round pick. Stoked to have him, as I've said, he's a really good fit for our team. He can play many WR positions, he's an upgrade to Gibson, whom I liked. He's faster, and more versatile, IMO. Not super explosive, was, and is my only knock on him, but he makes up for it, and he was an extreme value where we picked him, and a great FIT.

This McDonald can only play the box is bullshit. I've seen him play as much as, or more than, any other prospect in this draft, and he can play free, or strong, but IMO, he has to mature a little, and he has to take to coaching. Too much swag with this kid. Sums it up....to me.

I've seen him play as much as, or more than, any other prospect in this draft

Me too, course it's no secret I'm a rabid Trojan fan :boing:

Too much swag with this kid. Sums it up....to me.

Exactly, but as you suggested, good coaching is primarily all that's needed. :hehe: