Stay safe

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The weather Channel is saying a tornado is heading towards st louis and Oklahoma city.

A55VA6

Legend
Re: Stay safe

Apparently a Holiday Inn hotel in Earth City, MO collapsed and it's a mass-casualty situation. Rams park is also in Earth City, MO.

Lesson

Oh, really?

A55VA6 said:
Apparently a Holiday Inn hotel in Earth City, MO collapsed and it's a mass-casualty situation. Rams park is also in Earth City, MO.

It's across the street from Rams Park.

I believe in the past rookies have stayed there for camp.

Edit: Apparently that report is inaccurate, per Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch.

A55VA6

Legend

Alot of inaccurate reports it seems. Saw a report that people were trapped under debris at Busch Stadium.. came out to be false.

DeaconJ

Rookie

Holy crap.....these areas have had enough of that stuff! I'm happy to be on the left coast were all we have is earthquakes....at least you don't see those coming....surprise, surprise, the ground is going into orbit. But these devastating whirlwinds would scare the sh*t outta me! Wouldn't know which way to slide.....:nono:

Psycho_X

Legend

Rode it out in a bathtub covering my wife. I've never heard winds like that... could hear it on our south side, then east, then north, then west.... out of no where started hearing the wind like that. We dived into the tub and the sirens in town went off. I can't find any noticeable damage but its still raining and dark out so hard to say. Our trees like they've gotten the crap beat out of them. Crazy stuff. Hope everyone is safe and well!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Fuck tornadoes.

I live in Florissant (yes, I moved again) in this decent house with a basement, where I hid. Lived in Maryland Heights in an apartment, and a tornado touched down very close to where I was living. This was the same year that Joplin got hit. And now this year alone, I've had two very serious tornado warnings with sirens and shit. A tornado touched down in...I believe March or April and utterly ruined some houses. They still haven't been fixed. And now this...I don't even know what the extent of the damage is in Florissant or where it touched down. Illinois got hit really fucking hard as well.

I swear, nothing on this earth scares me more than tornadoes. Fuck tornadoes.

bluecoconuts

Legend

I saw two tornado's in central Texas, I don't know how often they touch down there... First one I was driving back to post, and I just saw it appear and touch down probably 200 yards in front of me on the freeway, I was more amazed than anything, first time I saw it... I just stopped under a bridge and waited for it to go away. Second one went right through our barracks area, ripped up a big tree that we had outside... I was on the second floor (out of three) and I was sitting outside smoking when I saw it come, went inside and watched it go right over the building.. Looking back pretty stupid because it could have broken the window. Luckily the barrack buildings are all really strong so there was no major damage.

I know someone who was in a tank when a tornado hit and it supposedly went right over them. But these weren't nearly as big as the recent ones, very little damage. It has to be terrifying to see a mile wide tornado coming at you. Hurricanes and tornado's, no thank you.

Hope everyone is okay, seems like an extra bad year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Had a lightning strike close enough it sounded like a 30-06 outside the kitchen window heard the thunder echo for no less than 90 seconds, knocked dishes off the drainer.

Lots of rain not a huge amount of wind.
Where I live is about 1/2 mile from the end of the southernmost finger of Crowley's Ridge in IL .
It acts like a funnel ,all of MO is flat on the other side of the river so the clouds stay low until they get to the ridge and divide at the end of the "finger " and go NE there OR cross the river at a town called Thebes IL ( Dred Scott case was partially litigated there or so the story goes ) about 5 miles upstream .
It really does effect my weather that way,don't know if a tornado can get to us.
I have seen massive clouds approach rapidly stop part and leave us with zero rain during droughts when we were praying it would rain.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Check out this video posted on CNN. That's some crazy stuff right there!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/weather/2013/06/01/ac-tornado-sullivan-beeper.cnn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video ... r.cnn.html</a>

nighttrain

Legend

Had one touch down on the hill where I live in Iowa last week, oH boy, thot it was lift off time, or they had put an airline runway outside my door. But I swear, felt like my bed lifted off the ground for a sec. We were very lucky, two houses and no damage, took two of my bother in laws barns though. in one of them three vehicles, one got a scratch :cool: but both barns spread out over a square mile! After seeing what happened in Moore, OK., feel lucky as hell.
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

nighttrain said:
Had one touch down on the hill where I live in Iowa last week, oH boy, thot it was lift off time, or they had put an airline runway outside my door. But I swear, felt like my bed lifted off the ground for a sec. We were very lucky, two houses and no damage, took two of my bother in laws barns though. in one of them three vehicles, one got a scratch :cool: but both barns spread out over a square mile! After seeing what happened in Moore, OK., feel lucky as hell.
train

They say a tornado sounds like a freight train. Your thoughts, train? :cool:

nighttrain

Legend

CGI_Ram said:
nighttrain said:
train

They say a tornado sounds like a freight train. Your thoughts, train? :cool:
And rightly so, one was right out side my window, could hear the conductor, All ABOARD!!!!!!
:twisted:
train

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

nighttrain said:
train
A guy I coached with had his whole house destroyed by one a few years ago.
He'd gone to his basement for shelter when he came back upstairs the house was gone ,kitchen table was still there an ALL the records of his wrestling team he'd been working on were left neatly stacked on it like they hadn't moved a bit,his chair though, never found it.