Stay Classy Michael Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlea...ges-NFL-cameraman-after-Eagles-loss-127809815

Michael Bennett challenges NFL cameraman after Eagles loss
By Patrik WalkerMon Jan 14 2019

That wasn't the ending to the season the Philadelphia Eagles had envisioned.

Much like the rival Dallas Cowboys one day prior, albeit not to the same degree of turnaround, the Eagles were faced with an opportunity to go from being prematurely counted out as a playoff team to landing in the NFC Divisional Round after an upset win over the Chicago Bears in the Wild Card. Hopes were flying high in Philadelphia as they prepped for a rematch with the New Orleans Saints, hoping to avenge a 48-7 blowout from Week 6, and got off to a fast 14-0 start to help their case.

The magic of Nick Foles wasn't enough this time around to withstand a revived onslaught from the Saints' defense or to motivate the Eagles' defense into figuring out how to stop Drew Brees and Co., with Michael Thomas racking up 171 receiving yards on 12 catches. Despite it all, there was still a chance for Philadelphia to mount a dramatic come-from-behind victory after New Orleans missed the PAT that would've made it a seven-point game, but a Foles pass that went through the hands of wideout Alshon Jeffery and into the grasp of rookie defensive back Marshon Lattimore nailed the coffin.

After the game, emotions ran high, especially for defensive end Michael Bennett -- who also got much too aggressive during the Saints' victory formation.

He then challenged a cameraman on his way to the locker room.

It's unclear what was said to the cameraman or why Bennett approached him so aggressively, but at face value, it appears he simply didn't want to be filmed. The league office may end up taking a look at this to prevent players in the future from coming across as threatening to film crew simply out to do their jobs -- something Bennett didn't exactly do himself at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

The veteran had only four tackles with no sacks, as Brees finished mostly clean with 301 passing yards and two touchdowns en route to an NFC Championship berth.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seattle's 2017 Man of the Year Awardee right there. :poop:.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s one turd you can’t polish. Just a classless act.

Ram65

Legend
I think he stayed out of trouble this year. Not a 4 Pillar guy but, he played well this year.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Michael Bennett and the word class do not belong in the same sentence.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I never did understand why they put cameras in guys faces after big losses lol.
i think it's to capture raw emotions, unscripted actions and just to see what the player might do.

What I don't understand is the first question in the on-field interview is always, "How do you feel?"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think it's to capture raw emotions, unscripted actions and just to see what the player might do.

What I don't understand is the first question in the on-field interview is always, "How do you feel?"

All that comes with the territory. Guys who struggle with it tend to be the scumbag types like Bennett.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bennett = King douche bag

That fucker never apologized for the lie he told about the Las Vegas cops and he should be reminded of that often.

He lied, in a horrible fashion at a time when relations with police and minorities were incredibly strained. To make up a story like he did is surely a violation of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy and should have been treated as such when the facts came out a few days later. It was a terrible thing to do.

The turd didn't even have the sack to own up to it with the usual simple and insincere Twitter apology we are used to from people who act like idiots.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That freaker never apologized for the lie he told about the Las Vegas cops and he should be reminded of that often.

Yep. Got caught trying to pour gas on a fire at a really difficult time for all of us not to mention blaming working class men & women doing a tough job for something they didn't deserve. As a Vegas resident that whole thing really pi$$ed me off and seeing the video proof that he was lying was extremely satisfying.

Effin scumbag.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
And yet, he still gets put up as Seattle's Man of the Year Nominee. Speaks volumes about that organisation as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I do not usually rag on players’ character but Bennet is indeed a classless turd.