Stats on the Seahawks game from PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
The key to St. Louis’ defensive success can be credited to its ability to get after rookie Russell Wilson. [hil]Eleven different Rams got pressure on Wilson[/hil], who was disrupted on over half of his drop-backs. [hil]Long (+3.9 pass rush) set the tone with seven hurries on 24 pass rushes. Proving again that sacks aren’t the only statistic that matters when evaluating a pass rusher, two of Long’s hurries resulted in a sack for a teammate.[/hil] He more often than not got the better of Giacomini in a performance that forced Wilson to tuck and run, and disrupted the rookie’s rhythm.

With the loss of Scott Wells to Injured Reserve in Week 1, Robert Turner (-4.9) has had to make the transition from left guard to center. Turner managed to avoid giving up any pressure, but it was far from a good day for him. He was victimized in the run game by Brandon Mebane (+5.1 run defense) and Clinton McDonald (+1.3 run def). The duo had Turner out of position often and forced him into a pair of holding penalties.

Replacing Turner at left guard is Quinn Ojinnaka (-2.8). [hil]He gave up five QB disruptions again this week, giving him 14 in three games, an alarming amount for a guard.[/hil] The ease with which Jason Jones bullrushed Ojinnaka with 6:40 to go in the first doesn’t inspire much confidence, and it will be another long season for Bradford if Ojinnaka’s play doesn’t improve.

Seattle’s defensive line had to be excited to match up against Wayne Hunter and Barry Richardson, after an eight-sack outing against the Packers. But the Rams held up fairly well against a Seahawk defensive line that could very well have taken over the game. The Seahawks got a respectable 14 disruptions on Sam Bradford, but only Alan Branch (+2.0 pass rush) generated more than two pressures. It has to come as slightly disappointing that Seattle couldn’t get to Bradford more considering the injury-depleted line they were facing off against.

Rams nickel corner Bradley Fletcher graded over +1.0 in coverage for the third time in four weeks. [hil]Quarterbacks now have a QB rating of 25.0 when throwing his way.[/hil]

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ms-week-4/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

Man that's an impressive factoid about Bradley Fletcher too. I would have had no idea. :shock:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

Man that's an impressive factoid about Bradley Fletcher too. I would have had no idea. :shock:

They matched up Fletcher against Megatron for a lot of the Lions game, and I guarantee that they'll match him up against Fitzgerald after the success he's had in the past. He's probably one of the most underrated cornerbacks in the NFL, and I'm really hoping that we resign him. I get the feeling that we'll really regret it if we let him walk in free agency.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

They matched up Fletcher against Megatron for a lot of the Lions game, and I guarantee that they'll match him up against Fitzgerald after the success he's had in the past. He's probably one of the most underrated cornerbacks in the NFL, and I'm really hoping that we resign him. I get the feeling that we'll really regret it if we let him walk in free agency.

And the NFL has shown that you need 3 quality CBs nowadays. Teams are in the nickel D a lot more. The only red flag for him is the injury history.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

And the NFL has shown that you need 3 quality CBs nowadays. Teams are in the nickel D a lot more. The only red flag for him is the [hil]injury history[/hil].

Did someone mention the "I" word? :shhhhh: :ahahah:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
MontanaRamFan said:
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

And the NFL has shown that you need 3 quality CBs nowadays. Teams are in the nickel D a lot more. The only red flag for him is the [hil]injury history[/hil].

Wait, what was the term we're supposed to use instead?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

They did for sure. They matched up all are corners against him at times though. Our secondary is not to be fucked with. Fletcher continues to impress. If you look at his numbers when he's been healthy they're beastly. I'm happy we didn't get rid of him. I'd imagine he leaves at the end of the season though. Who knows though.

Omg on that Quinn O stat. :nono: I can't wait for Wells to come back.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Username said:
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

They did for sure. They matched up all are corners against him at times though. Our secondary is not to be fucked with. Fletcher continues to impress. If you look at his numbers when he's been healthy they're beastly. I'm happy we didn't get rid of him. I'd imagine he leaves at the end of the season though. Who knows though.

Omg on that Quinn O stat. :nono: I can't wait for Wells to come back.

+1 on the Ojinnaka comment. He has been awful in pass pro and uninspiring in the run game

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Proving again that sacks aren’t the only statistic that matters when evaluating a pass rusher, two of Long’s hurries resulted in a sack for a teammate
Why does that make me think of the PD almost immediately?

That couldn't have been a more rhetorical question, by the way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

since his first game fletcher has been a good to great corner. nobody doubts his covering ability.

the only knock on him is he can't catch the ball. at least he held onto the ball when the rams really needed him to against the seagulls. hopefully that inspires him to make more grabs as the season progresses.

and i don't see the rams letting him walk if tre johnson isn't ready for a bigger role by the end of the season. having 3 good corners is an absolute must in this league right now. and if the rams want to be serious playoff contenders having 4 good corners would be the way to go. packers, saints, falcons, eagles, giants. you can never have too many corners.

Graphicker

Starter
I don't know how Quinn always comes out -

He brings the heat all the time. It's crazy. He's been a

force back there. Maybe it's his run game support?

Dude is a baller.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
JdashSTL said:
MontanaRamFan said:
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

And the NFL has shown that you need 3 quality CBs nowadays. Teams are in the nickel D a lot more. The only red flag for him is [hil]his continued health[/hil].

How's that? ^^

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:
MontanaRamFan said:
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:
X said:
Good stuff, J Dizzle.

And the NFL has shown that you need 3 quality CBs nowadays. Teams are in the nickel D a lot more. The only red flag for him is [hil]his continued health[/hil].

How's that? ^^

Ah, ok that works.