Statement From Robert Kraft About Wells Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/0...ts-chairman-and-ceo-robert-kraft-wells-report

When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 – over 14 weeks ago – I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.
“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.
“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.
“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.
“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Great timing, after the draft this comes out? More than cheating, but big brother looking out for Cheats again.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://news.yahoo.com/nfl-finds-patriots-employees-probably-deflated-balls-172625563.html

NEW YORK (AP) — An NFL investigation has found that New England Patriots employees likely deflated footballs and that quarterback Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of the rules violations.
The NFL began the investigation after the Patriots won the AFC Championship game in January, when the Indianapolis Colts complained that several footballs were under inflated.
The 243-page report released Wednesday said league investigators found no evidence that coach Bill Belichick and team management knew of the practice.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's It ^.....nothing else to say? This has been going on for months and we get 3 sentences?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bob I'm going to tell you, please don't do this again!
a02_jump_b_goodell_39480105-e1422272750273.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Cmon, did anyone actually expect something bad to happen to the Patriots? This was going to be thrown under the rug from the beginning. If the NFL really cared, the investigation would have been done in a week.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Cmon, did anyone actually expect something bad to happen to the Patriots? This was going to be thrown under the rug from the beginning. If the NFL really cared, the investigation would have been done in a week.
Leg is right, it was obvious from the get go this was going to be allowed to float away. No real punishment will be given and by next season all will be forgotten...there is the report came out when it did.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't get my way so I will stomp my feet and throw a fit. My god just phone the season in. They will give it too the Pats anyway.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is a team that deserves to be disbanded from the top down, that deserves to have their quarterback, head coach, owner, and coordinators banned from the game for life with all of their accolades struck down with as many * as you can possibly fit onto a page, that deserves to be stripped of all titles and records, that deserves to have all of their draft picks forfeited for the next fifteen years (as they've cheated the game for almost that long) if they aren't disbanded, that deserves to have their players scattered to the winds.

They deserve nothing less.

Alan

Legend
I , for the life of me, can't understand why anybody here doesn't hate the Cheatriots more than the Whiners or the Shehags. It's not even a close call in my mind.

Cowgirls are second on my list.

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/nfl-may-discipline-tom-brady-over-deflategate/
"NFL may discipline Tom Brady over Deflategate
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 6, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
8b03736289559c2d0fa6aeb7bd1cc68d.jpeg
AP
Tom Brady may face league discipline after the Deflategate investigation has come to an end.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged in his brief statement on the matter that the league will consider “possible disciplinary action.” Goodell didn’t mention Brady or anyone else by name in that statement, but the investigation concluded “it is more probable than not” that Brady was generally aware that Patriots employees were taking air out of footballs to give Brady a competitive advantage.

Given that, it also seems more probable than not that Brady will be disciplined. Brady’s name is mentioned 378 times in the Deflategate report. By contrast, Bill Belichick’s name is mentioned 32 times. If some high-profile member of the Patriots organization is going to be in trouble over this, it’s Brady.

What kind of discipline is Brady facing? That’s impossible to say, given that there’s never been a rules violation like this in NFL history. The league might consider a fine to be severe enough, but a suspension can’t be ruled out.

Brady is an NFL icon, perhaps the NFL’s biggest and best star of his generation. He now may have a permanently tarnished image."

That ship has already sailed IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/nfl-may-discipline-tom-brady-over-deflategate/
NFL may discipline Tom Brady over Deflategate
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 6, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
8b03736289559c2d0fa6aeb7bd1cc68d.jpeg
AP
Tom Brady may face league discipline after the Deflategate investigation has come to an end.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged in his brief statement on the matter that the league will consider “possible disciplinary action.” Goodell didn’t mention Brady or anyone else by name in that statement, but the investigation concluded “it is more probable than not” that Brady was generally aware that Patriots employees were taking air out of footballs to give Brady a competitive advantage.

Given that, it also seems more probable than not that Brady will be disciplined. Brady’s name is mentioned 378 times in the Deflategate report. By contrast, Bill Belichick’s name is mentioned 32 times. If some high-profile member of the Patriots organization is going to be in trouble over this, it’s Brady.

What kind of discipline is Brady facing? That’s impossible to say, given that there’s never been a rules violation like this in NFL history. The league might consider a fine to be severe enough, but a suspension can’t be ruled out.

Brady is an NFL icon, perhaps the NFL’s biggest and best star of his generation. He now may have a permanently tarnished image.

Guarantee you that there will be no discipline for Brady. There will, however, be discipline against the Colts and Ravens for "falsely" accusing the Cheatriots of cheating.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just now! Tarnished! He's been up to his neck in feces for years.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'm very happy to hear that Troy Vincent will be handling the discipline in this case rather than Bob Kraft's puppet.