Statement by the Rams (on Bradford)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ST. LOUIS – An MRI conducted late Sunday evening confirmed that Rams QB Sam Bradford suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during the team’s Week 7 contest against the Carolina Panthers. Bradford will miss the remainder of the 2013 season. Head Coach Jeff Fisher will provide details at his regularly-scheduled Monday news conference, which will take place at 5 p.m. today in the main auditorium at Rams Park.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Okay, I've looked through a few threads on this subject and haven't seen talk of recovery time. Anyone know what's expected? Is this a severity thing where it depends or do all ACL surgeries take X amount of months?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Also, what's the purpose of waiting a few weeks to have the surgery? Does the injury need to heal some before they can operate? It doesn't make sense to me to wait at all if recovery time is so crucial.

PhxRam

Also, what's the purpose of waiting a few weeks to have the surgery? Does the injury need to heal some before they can operate? It doesn't make sense to me to wait at all if recovery time is so crucial.

I would imagine they have to wait for the swelling to go down.

A55VA6

Legend
If recovery is good he might be ready to play by next years opener. Doubt they'd play him in preseason.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Most ACL injuries take about a year to come back from. Although a QB like Sam doesn't need the mobility as much as a RB does.
So I would probably say 8-10 months to be 100%. All depends on how hard he works to come back and assuming no set backs..

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Most ACL injuries take about a year to come back from. Although a QB like Sam doesn't need the mobility as much as a RB does.
So I would probably say 8-10 months to be 100%. All depends on how hard he works to come back and assuming no set backs..

This seems to be true.

RG3 took 8 months to come back
AP took 9 months to come back

I'd say 10 months is a safe bet for Sam.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
ST. LOUIS – An MRI conducted late Sunday evening confirmed that Rams QB Sam Bradford suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during the team’s Week 7 contest against the Carolina Panthers. Bradford will miss the remainder of the 2013 season. Head Coach Jeff Fisher will provide details at his regularly-scheduled Monday news conference, which will take place at 5 p.m. today in the main auditorium at Rams Park.

That's what I was afraid of.
Bummer.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This seems to be true.

RG3 took 8 months to come back
AP took 9 months to come back

I'd say 10 months is a safe bet for Sam.
But these are super human recovery times. I don't think any of use could recover in less than 1-year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I realize the season isn't over... but why does it feel like it?

Do we really have to wait to next year, again?

After Sunday's loss, our playoff chances were fading... but they weren't gone. This feels like crap.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
It may seem to some that the season is over. My hope is that Snead and Fisher can find some kid who doesn't fit w/ the current system he's in but could flourish with the Rams. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I'll never give up on my Rams.

GO RAMS!!!!

iced

i was really worried for awhile if it was his right leg - but thank god it's his left...was really worried about his mechanics if it were his plant foot

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
But these are super human recovery times. I don't think any of use could recover in less than 1-year.
With daily therapy ya might ,the best med care ,rehab facilities etc, normal people don't get that .