State of the NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
The Hags were struggling already and now Russ is out for at least a month. They have Steelers, Saints, Jags and Packers. Could be looking at 3-6.
Niners are also not in good shape, assuming a loss to the cards. If Jimmy comes back maybe the make a run, all that talk about Lance was just noise until further notice. They have Colts, Bears, Cards and Rams, they need 3-4 to get back to .500.

So, it looks like a 2 horse race for now and the Rams can’t afford any slip ups. The cards have the browns, Texans, Packers and 9ers, so hopefully they go 2-2.
The Rams have Lions, Texans, Giants and Texans. They should beat all those teams but don’t want to get overconfident.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Giants, Lions, Texans, Titans.

Rams can’t get complacent. Absolutely should win those first three and not be looking ahead.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The 9ers are capped with Jimmy. They can only get so good and can expect frustrating and shitty performances vs strong defenses. IMO they are fighting a losing battle too at this point in being able to keep stride with the Cards and Rams, both of whom have explosive offenses. Cards are the favorite right now but for anyone who wants to think one game is the storyline I'll refer you to last year and the Rams coming off the ropes in the playoffs to knock Seattle out.

Seattle is out of it. I actually think they might hang around even without Wilson because they do have a lot of talent but they won't be able to keep pace in the standings without him. Just an enormous loss for them.

We are a different team this year with different strengths and some annoying weaknesses but I think this division might still be ours if they can make adjustments and get a few spots producing at a better level. The remainder of the season should have us racking up a fine win total and high playoff seed. From there I'm all for us squaring off with the Cards in the playoffs and hope we have the team who can do that.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I didnt watch the whiners and cards, but the whiners D seems to have done a good job slowing the cards O. And just as type that, the cards score. Hope Morris has been taking notes, our D should be able to do the same as we have a stronger secondary and good speed on D. Seattle is done and the whiners have a deep hole to dig out of. As long as we win the games we should and find a way to beat the cards in Arizona the division could be ours. We will see if Murray can stay healthy for a full season, without him the cards are a wild card at best.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Any kind of offense and they may have beaten AZ. Lance is not ready for prime-time.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Tards are who I thought they were…

Rams will take their lunch money and the division.

Murray is not tall enough for this ride.
season 7 episode 24 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Take care of business and run the table in division. We do that and we should be just fine.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Cards got a tougher schedule the next 5 weeks Rams should win all five of our next 5 we will be favored by a bunch in most of those games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I watched all of the SF vs AZ game.

Trey Lance made a couple of nice throws but he looks like a rookie. Even more “rookie” than the average rookie, IMO.

I didn’t see him make much effort to work thru progressions he was so quick to run if option 1 wasn’t there.

Who knows how much he develops, but right now that is one raw QB.

They need Jimmy G if they plan on getting back into the race, IMO.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Cardinals losing TE Maxx Williams is a big deal. He was coming on strong for them, and they don't have much depth behind him. He had a big TD vs our Rams.

Knee injury he had was gruesome. Gotta think he's done for the season.

Really think this injury is gonna take the Cards' offense down a peg.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cardinals losing TE Maxx Williams is a big deal. He was coming on strong for them, and they don't have much depth behind him. He had a big TD vs our Rams.

Knee injury he had was gruesome. Gotta think he's done for the season.

Really think this injury is gonna take the Cards' offense down a peg.
I think Murray has a right shoulder soreness issue as well. He's a reckless hit or two away from wearing street clothes. They were talking about it during the highlights.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Murray has a right shoulder soreness issue as well. He's a reckless hit or two away from wearing street clothes. They were talking about it during the highlights.

Durability will be the biggest thing to hold back Murray IMO. He's extremely elusive so if he learns to use it more to extend plays out of the pocket, like he did against us, then I think he can play a long time. If he tries to run and takes some hits because he doesn't see things downfield, rather than throw the ball away and try again, he'll have a much shorter lifespan in the NFL. This last matchup was the first time he wasn't limited in some way, since we've previously seen him towards the end of the season he's had some issues that impacted his mobility before. It's definitely something to pay attention to if he's consistently dinged up by the end of the season.

A lot of younger mobile QB's seem get into the hero ball mentality, if they don't see it down field they try to make something from nothing. It can create some absolutely amazing highlights but it's a big risk to their health.

TexasRam

Legend
I watched all of the SF vs AZ game.

Trey Lance made a couple of nice throws but he looks like a rookie. Even more “rookie” than the average rookie, IMO.

I didn’t see him make much effort to work thru progressions he was so quick to run if option 1 wasn’t there.

Who knows how much he develops, but right now that is one raw QB.

They need Jimmy G if they plan on getting back into the race, IMO.
I watched it to. Wife was sick so it was free reign Sunday. I agree Lance is so raw. If he turns into something it’s going to take a long time. Their defense is still very stingy but with no Mostert, Kittle, Jimmy their offense is pedestrian. They might get stronger down the stretch like they always do but it might be too late.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I watched it to. Wife was sick so it was free reign Sunday. I agree Lance is so raw. If he turns into something it’s going to take a long time. Their defense is still very stingy but with no Mostert, Kittle, Jimmy their offense is pedestrian. They might get stronger down the stretch like they always do but it might be too late.
I am absolutely shocked that being large athlete with a string arm didn't instantly make someone the bestest QB ever. Who knew it took more than that to play at the NFL level?

Not directed at you TexasRam. Just using your confirmation that he's raw AF as the jumping off point for a bad joke.