State of Rams per a Scout.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

if anyone thinks this is a superbowl team with this offense they need to be fired

don't care what excuse you wanna make - when you have that talented of a RB and you are breaking records for one of the worst offenses, that says volumes...

not saying gurley is as great as AP, but he is without question one of the top RB's, and this offense is starting to remind me a Ponder lead Vikings offense

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
While visiting family and friends, I met a scout who did some work for Rams recently (that's all he would let me say about him :)). We touched on various Rams topics. Here is the summary of what the scout indicated:

1. Saffold will be back next year with Rams
2. Fisher and Snead contracts will be extended soon. He indicated Fisher and Belichick are two of the best coach cum player evaluators in the league. And there is no another coach even close.
3. Team is incredibly happy with jamon brown and E.J Gaines talents. Havenstein mehhhh.
4. Britt lost a step since Tennessee days. Except Britt, all other WRs run great routes only a % of time.
5. According to this scout, management, coaches, front office are all in agreement Rams are a super bowl team this year. He said watch the next 8 games you will get it.
6. Per the scout, 9ers will stink for the next 3-4 years. Called cardinals mostly a phony. He respects Seahawks.

I didn't want to be seen as pushing the envelope by asking about next years draft and Rams priorities right away. He agreed to stay in touch. BTW, I did ask him if I could post this and he said no problem.

I assume he's been fired as a mental case.

:rolllaugh::shocked::headexplosion:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they extend Fisher, they should require him hire a well established OC and empower him to hire his own staff and run his own style of offense.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
While visiting family and friends, I met a scout who did some work for Rams recently (that's all he would let me say about him :)). We touched on various Rams topics. Here is the summary of what the scout indicated:

2. Fisher and Snead contracts will be extended soon. He indicated Fisher and Belichick are two of the best coach cum player evaluators in the league. And there is no another coach even close.
3. Team is incredibly happy with jamon brown and E.J Gaines talents. Havenstein mehhhh.
4. Britt lost a step since Tennessee days. Except Britt, all other WRs run great routes only a % of time.
5. According to this scout, management, coaches, front office are all in agreement Rams are a super bowl team this year. He said watch the next 8 games you will get it.
6. Per the scout, 9ers will stink for the next 3-4 years. Called cardinals mostly a phony. He respects Seahawks.

I didn't want to be seen as pushing the envelope by asking about next years draft and Rams priorities right away. He agreed to stay in touch. BTW, I did ask him if I could post this and he said no problem.
No disrepect to the original poster, but I do not believe that this person you met was ever a scout for the Rams, nor do I believe that the Rams FO said any of the above.

fearsomefour

Legend
If they extend Fisher, they should require him hire a well established OC and empower him to hire his own staff and run his own style of offense.
The Vermeil Option....
exactly.
Keep Williams and the D intact and get something going on offense. The Cigs experiment is a failure to this point.
The Rams went into this season willing to take some lumps with a young O line. When things they were projecting to happen haven't happened.....Saffold staying healthy, Foles being solid, a power running game helping to ignite the O, the O line coming together and turning into a physically dominating unit....it certainly makes one wonder.
What was the state of mind heading into this season?
Does Snisher vastly over estimate themselves? They are good enough to take a young line and make a competitive offense out of them. If they believed this then there are big concerns going forward.
Was the approach to go with the youth movement on O, let the D carry them and hope the O was solid enough to win 10 games.
Two weeks in a row the O has been forced to concede to what the D was dictating. Nice opening drive at home this week vs. Chicago....then six points the stretch of the game, including getting the ball about the Bears 20 yard line. Six points?? That is just sad.
I personally think the Rams hoped to be competitive for the division and a playoff spot this year. But that it was not accompanied with pressure on their jobs. The concept probably made sense in meetings, the results have been ugly for most of the year. The hope of being little more than a .500 club is all but blown out now. The only benefit going forward is to develop young guys and an offense cohesion. Injuries like the one to Brown today with thwart even this.
The questions for the rest of the season....
Is Cigs capable of running the O?
Is Foles a capable starting QB?
Is Robinson going to stay at LT?
Receivers....are Britt, Quick and Bailey going to stay or go?
Is the problem with the O the approach and scheme or execution.
It sucks that after replacing Schotty we are asking the exact same questions at this point of this year.

MountainRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Howdy Folks, You heard Fisher will be extended a week ago here on ROD and now it's breaking news! :santa:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Howdy Folks, You heard Fisher will be extended a week ago here on ROD and now it's breaking news! :santa:

What about us winning the next 8 games though!??

Only kidding. I don't disagree with any of the points up in your OP except for the fact that I don't think we are super bowl ready simply because our offense is putrid due to awful QB play and bad offensive line play and terrible wide reicever and tight end play.

At least there's lots to work on offensively I guess.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I also heard...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Rams are a super bowl team this year. He said watch the next 8 games you will get it.

I did not know that the Special Olympics had their own Super Bowl!

But seriously, The concussion protocol should kick in after someone makes that statement!

GoldenAges

UDFA
Name
Gold

1. Saffold is a pretty solid guard but I would be drafting his replacement.

2. The Rams keep picking my favorite players (Gaines, McDonald, Brown and Havenstein)

3. Havenstein was the top RT in this draft class and best run blocking tackle. Brown is a road grader but is not great in pass pro. Havenstein also struggles in pass pro but that is why he is a RT. They will both only get better.

4. The Rams need to draft a legit WR. No.1 priority IMO.

5. The Rams are nowhere near a SB team. Without Brown and Havenstein they (and Gurley) are going nowhere despite a great defense. Gurley is great because of great run blockers.

6. He should stick to scouting. Cards are not legit? Bruce Arians is the real deal. That team is better prepared to play week in and week out than just about anyone. Seattle is the real phony. Preposterous!