State of Rams per a Scout.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MountainRam

Rookie
While visiting family and friends, I met a scout who did some work for Rams recently (that's all he would let me say about him :)). We touched on various Rams topics. Here is the summary of what the scout indicated:

1. Saffold will be back next year with Rams
2. Fisher and Snead contracts will be extended soon. He indicated Fisher and Belichick are two of the best coach cum player evaluators in the league. And there is no another coach even close.
3. Team is incredibly happy with jamon brown and E.J Gaines talents. Havenstein mehhhh.
4. Britt lost a step since Tennessee days. Except Britt, all other WRs run great routes only a % of time.
5. According to this scout, management, coaches, front office are all in agreement Rams are a super bowl team this year. He said watch the next 8 games you will get it.
6. Per the scout, 9ers will stink for the next 3-4 years. Called cardinals mostly a phony. He respects Seahawks.

I didn't want to be seen as pushing the envelope by asking about next years draft and Rams priorities right away. He agreed to stay in touch. BTW, I did ask him if I could post this and he said no problem.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
5. According to this scout, management, coaches, front office are all in agreement Rams are a super bowl team this year. He said watch the next 8 games you will get it.
I like this^, I'll be watching!!
Keep us posted IF you hear more!!

Athos

Legend
Maybe I'm drowning in pessimism, but I don't see this as a SB team unless our D starts scoring 14 Pts a game.

Psycho_X

Legend
1. Eventually he has to have bionic shoulders that can not be snapped right?
2. "best coach cum player evaluators" ---- Uh not sure I want to know what this means exactly.
3. Havenstein has been our best o-lineman so far this season so surprising.
4. This is pretty evident, especially the bad route running. Britt can still go deep though on some CBs.
5. Well hope they are right but NOTHING I've seen from this offense tells me they'll fix the passing game soon and we're not going to the playoffs, let alone the super bowl, with a passing offense ranked around 30th. Hopefully there is a miracle coming.
6. Not sure Cards are phonies this season at least. They live and die by Carson Palmers health though.

Thanks for posting though, interesting insider info.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Saffold will be back next year with Rams

Not sure how I feel about this. He's overpaid, injury prone, and hasn't produced well even when he is healthy. I hope he can get it together, because I like the guy, it just might be better to replace him.

Fisher and Snead contracts will be extended soon. He indicated Fisher and Belichick are two of the best coach cum player evaluators in the league. And there is no another coach even close.

No arguments here, the talent evaluation here has been pretty great, and I have no problem bringing back Fisher at this point as long as we don't mess up these next 8 games

Team is incredibly happy with jamon brown and E.J Gaines talents. Havenstein mehhhh.

I understand Gaines, that's obvious, but Havenstein has been far better than Brown so far in my opinion. He's already a solid NFL RT. I guess because Brown has more potential later on? Either way, I'm pleased with Frankenstein.

Sounds about right to me, thanks for sharing. For us to be a Super Bowl team though, we need the offense to step up. That route running quote sticks out to me as a reason why we're struggling. Foles needs to get better too, obviously, but hopefully Welker helps.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
When you say "Jamon Brown and EJ Gaines talents," are we talking "current performance" or "upside"? Talent can mean a few things.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think we have a superbowl D, special teams and running game.
But right now we don't have the passing offense to be a final game winner.

I hope, as he said, the next 8 games show us something else. But the first 8 (minus Seattle and Arizona) haven't shown much of anything.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
While visiting family and friends, I met a scout who did some work for Rams recently (that's all he would let me say about him :)). We touched on various Rams topics. Here is the summary of what the scout indicated:

2. Fisher and Snead contracts will be extended soon. He indicated Fisher and Belichick are two of the best coach cum player evaluators in the league. And there is no another coach even close.
3. Team is incredibly happy with jamon brown and E.J Gaines talents. Havenstein mehhhh.
4. Britt lost a step since Tennessee days. Except Britt, all other WRs run great routes only a % of time.
6. Per the scout, 9ers will stink for the next 3-4 years. Called cardinals mostly a phony. He respects Seahawks.

I didn't want to be seen as pushing the envelope by asking about next years draft and Rams priorities right away. He agreed to stay in touch. BTW, I did ask him if I could post this and he said no problem.

Thanks for the post.

Although, based on the team's performance so far this year, it's hard to see them as a winning team, let alone a Super Bowl team.
That is based on the Rams having a 'putrid' offense.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Disappointing and a bit surprising about Havenstien and Brown - general consensus seems to be the opposite.

Saffold's a good "keep" imo, relatively cheap for what he brings (when he's on the field).

Superbowl? IF, (and it's a huge one), the O starts getting it the second half, (like the D did last year), maybe.
Like Athos, haven't seen it, and ain't holding my breath.

I don't see how anyone can think AZ's not for real though.

And I like Britt. Quick's dumb, Bailey's gone, Cook's indifferent, but I think Austin's getting better with his routes.
Hope it's them and not Foles, but not convinced at this point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Does not surprise me re: Hstein vs Brown. Fish and Snead prize upside above all else. But it can be a shortcoming because guys like HStein are who win you games.

Obvious examples of what I am talkin about are guys like Cook and Britt. If GRob doesn't start showing he will also be an example of how that approach can cut both ways.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for the insider info!
I can certainly see this. When healthy (therein lies the rub), he's the best Olineman we have. Experience (teaching the youth) is also valuable.

I can't agree with this. Putting Fisher in the same sentence as Belichik (who I am not a fan of) as a talent evaluator is a reach to me. Fisher has done a "good job", but we're still struggling after 4 years and his career record doesn't come close to Belichiks. Again, I'm no fan of Belichik's, but I have to respect what he's done over a very long period of time. Just can't say that about Jeff Fisher.

I can see the opinions on Brown and Gaines... I think Havenstein could get past "meh".

Based on watching the games, this makes sense to me.

All I'll say is... I really, really hope you're he's right!!

49er's, yes. Seahawks, not so sure any more. Cardinals, disagree.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
This sums up why our offense has had such problems. The team is meh on the rookie actually doing his job, and incredibly happy with the one guy struggling half the time and the other not playing this year due to a serious injury that's hard to come back from.

Fisher must be the eternal optimist, because he's always looking at next year. Can't get the year he's in under control, but waiting on that next year.

As far as player evaluation, Fisher is one of the best at finding defensive players. Not exactly lighting the world on fire finding offensive players. I'd say one of the two best in the league is a stretch.

Obviously JMO. I hope the scout is right about the SB. I know he's right about the whiners..

nighttrain

Legend
Well Folks, these next 8 games should be truly awesome, hold on to your seats:mrburnsevil:. Get BBQ and brews stocked:yess:
train

RamzFanz

Damnit
The funny thing about Saffold is he sucked this season, statisticly speaking, but when he's in the game next to GRob, GRob is much better.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I can definitely understand the comments about receiver route running. It is a big problem. And frankly, it often causes Foles to get undeserved grief from fans.

But here's my question. Why is it still occurring in midseason?

Don't we have experienced coaches being paid big bucks to correct such problems?

Gawd!

RamzFanz

Damnit

My feelings exactly with the one cavet that the Cards could change my mind in the upcoming games. Let's see how they run with the big dogs. I don't think they will stay with the pack. I fully expect them to tank, but Ill respect the hard wins if they get them.