Stat of the Week: Week 6

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This week, I'm focusing on passer rating allowed.

For the Rams' defense, this is a surprisingly favorable stat. The Rams have allowed opposing QBs to achieve an aggregate rating of 81.6 (3rd in NFL). This is largely due to the Rams' interception total (4th in the league with 8), TD passes allowed (tied for 4th with 6), and yards/attempt allowed (tied for 7th at 6.9).

On the flip side, the Detroit Lions are dead last in the NFL, allowing a passer rating of 113.8.

So... yeah, this is another "should win big" week.

Tano

Legend
On the flip side, the Detroit Lions are dead last in the NFL, allowing a passer rating of 113.8.
I remember someone quoting NFL personnel from other clubs that stated Detroit has the worst group of personnel that they have ever seen on a team in a long time.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I remember someone quoting NFL personnel from other clubs that stated Detroit has the worst group of personnel that they have ever seen on a team in a long time.

I think that was the front offices of the Jaguars, Texans, Jets and Giants.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I've been going through the stats every week and the passer rating against has been favorable all season. It is a positive for Morris no doubt. That said it directly jives with what we've seen, that being a defense that surrenders yards but for the most part has been stout in the redzone and the Rams side of the field. Bottom line is they gotta do better but yes I am hopeful that will happen as Morris gets more snaps in this scheme and more comfortable in his feel for the calls.

Some other interesting stats...

Rams have a top 5 QB right now and some favorable defenses for him to pad his stats ahead
1634580464083.png

Offensively they gotta get better on third down conversion IMO
1634580599646.png

I'd like to see more run attempts per game, more balance = less chance for our QB to get dinged up
1634580725918.png

Defensive points allowed is looking better
1634580828088.png

Getting off the field on 3rd down remains our defense's main problem
1634580903352.png

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams D would be better in the red zone if they didn't allow them to get there in the first place. Plus they're spending too much time on the field.