Stat line on the OL today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Was just going to ask the same thing. Circumstances aside, it was Jones' first time at C, and Robinson played LT against a pretty good KC D.

rams2050

Starter
I really think that the team cannot go wrong by getting an O-linesman every single year. They are ALWAYS in demand, so pick one that isn't a project, coach him up, and then either cycle him into the line-up -- first string or second -- or use him for trade bait. EVERY team, it seems, is always going to need an O-lineman at some point and he who has stock-piled the crème de la crème will be in the cat-bird's seat. I just don't see any downside to having good O-linemen on the team, at least one or two per year. One thing for certain -- at some point almost every O-lineman is going to be hurt. If your team has a couple in reserve, well, then you can trade for players or draft picks.

Of course, this is probably a simplistic view of a complicated situation; namely, the team is comprised of more than just o-linesmen.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I guess thats a positive

Yes Rams have 3 OL starters go out yesterday, one is IR's unknown if Wells & Saffold will be fully operational against the 9ers. A shoulder injury two weeks ago to 6th OL'er Tim Barnes had already taken out main reserve center thus Barrett Jones saw his first NFL action under extreme fire with Davin Joseph & Mike Person on each side of him! OLG Mike Person in his late appearance seemed to hold up better than ORG Joseph.

We have no ideal when center Tim Barnes will be able to return from his shoulder issues. I have heard very little on this subject. So we will have to wait on the status of center Scott Wells elbow findings too. It certainly looks like the starting center job is Barrett's.

OG Brandon Washington will be the next man up from the PS to get one of the roster spots. Washington has proven he can play both OG posts but he is much better @ OLG than ORG. Washington was soundly beaten in TC & pre season by Mike Persons for the 9th roster OL roster spot. Person has moved into the #6th OL and stands a good chance to get his first start against the 9ers with Barrett.

lockdnram21

Legend
Yes Rams have 3 OL starters go out yesterday, one is IR's unknown if Wells & Saffold will be fully operational against the 9ers. A shoulder injury two weeks ago to 6th OL'er Tim Barnes had already taken out main reserve center thus Barrett Jones saw his first NFL action under extreme fire with Davin Joseph & Mike Person on each side of him! OLG Mike Person in his late appearance seemed to hold up better than ORG Joseph.

We have no ideal when center Tim Barnes will be able to return from his shoulder issues. I have heard very little on this subject. So we will have to wait on the status of center Scott Wells elbow findings too. It certainly looks like the starting center job is Barrett's.

OG Brandon Washington will be the next man up from the PS to get one of the roster spots. Washington has proven he can play both OG posts but he is much better @ OLG than ORG. Washington was soundly beaten in TC & pre season by Mike Persons for the 9th roster OL roster spot. Person has moved into the #6th OL and stands a good chance to get his first start against the 9ers with Barrett.
If I was the coach I would put Pearson in over Joseph. The way Fisher is talking seems like Jones is part of the future along with Demetrius Rhaney