Stat line on the OL today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Saw this on another board...... Unofficial but probably correct

14 hits, 11 hurries, 7 sacks.

Barksdale 3 hits, 4 hurries, 3 sacks.

32 total drop backs for Davis. On the 25 attempts he was able to get off he was hit or hurried almost every time. At some point you have to question the coaching staff as to why they were sending out a tight end and running back on pass patterns when the OL needed help blocking the Chiefs front 7.

V3

Hall of Fame
Glass half full: Maybe this will knock Barksdale asking price down a little?

Glass half empty: Probably not. :unsure:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And I have to wonder why they were going with the long pass while the O-line is getting beat like a drum. I have to say, it could have been much uglier if not for some very good pick-ups by the RBs. Hell on one of them, Mason was trying to block two free rushers. And Austin completed the pass. Just not sure much more could have gone worse in the way of play calling and execution today.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I have to wonder why they were going with the long pass while the O-line is getting beat like a drum. I have to say, it could have been much uglier if not for some very good pick-ups by the RBs. Hell on one of them, Mason was trying to block two free rushers. And Austin completed the pass. Just not sure much more could have gone worse in the way of play calling and execution today.

That was a delayed blitz and good thing Davis got rid of the ball or he could have been killed...... Two guys unblocked and coming in full speed ahead

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - kinda cracked me up in a tweaked sort of way. I keep hearing that Davis won't climb the pocket and he bails too quickly. How many of those sacks did he step into a non-existent pocket?

Athos

Legend
puke. Wow. Even Barks was that bad? The offensive line has been a colossal black hole since Warner left. Are we cursed? Is the FO making moronic FA designs on re-tread, injured lineman that are over the hill?

Looking at the stud Dallas Offensive Line.

Tyron Smith: Drafted by Dallas in 2011. One of the best in the business.
Ronald Leary: UDFA by Dallas in 2012.
Travis Frederick: Drafted by Dallas in 2013.
Zack Martin: Drafted in 2014
Jermey Parnell: Their lone FA

Young lineman is a bullshit excuse if you draft talent. DAL has three VERY GOOD youngins in Smith, Frederick, and Martin.

I think it's time to trash these underperforming, oft-injured, over the hill lineman. Wells has been a waste. Long has been a waste. Davin has been a waste. And Saffold, while very good unlike the others, is just injured too much. Get into the draft, draft your studs, and spend your FA dollars elsewhere, like quality veteran CBs/LBs. Maybe a WR.

At this point, grab the two best lineman you can in the first two rounds.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That was a delayed blitz and good thing Davis got rid of the ball or he could have been killed...... Two guys unblocked and coming in full speed ahead
I get that but both came in untouched until Mason had to somehow block both of them. Just another sad misread.

Athos

Legend

Tough thing to do when those plays aren't being called by Shotty. Not a single competent screen call to a TE, WR, or RB the entire game to allow Davis to get the ball out quick. Smith was killing us all day with those flares that, while they didn't get tons of yardage, got positive yardage to make 3rd downs more manageable.

jjab360

Legend
puke. Wow. Even Barks was that bad? The offensive line has been a colossal black hole since Warner left. Are we cursed? Is the FO making moronic FA designs on re-tread, injured lineman that are over the hill?

Young lineman is a bullcrap excuse if you draft talent. DAL has three VERY GOOD youngins in Smith, Frederick, and Martin.

I think it's time to trash these underperforming, oft-injured, over the hill lineman. Wells has been a waste. Long has been a waste. Davin has been a waste. And Saffold, while very good unlike the others, is just injured too much. Get into the draft, draft your studs, and spend your FA dollars elsewhere, like quality veteran CBs/LBs. Maybe a WR.

We neglected the position for way too long before finally going with Robinson, if you ask me.

jjab360

Legend
Drafting 2 OL in Rounds 1 + 2 over 2 seasons is neglecting the position?
Jones was a 4th rounder, Rok was a 5th rounder. We waited too long both years if you ask me, and both were known projects and longshots when we drafted them.

I'm not talking about past regime's picks either, if you're referring to Smith and Saffold. In football years, that was like a lifetime ago anyway..

Athos

Legend
We neglected the position for way too long before finally going with Robinson, if you ask me.

I'm going to get hammered, but with the way Sam got brutalized Spags last year, drafting Pead was a colossal move of stupidity. Could have moved up for Cordy Glenn instead of moving down for that pick. We needed weapons yes, but Sam needed competent protection first. Mystifying Fisher/Snead didn't get all after what Bradford went through in 2011. But no. Rok Watkins the savior. :whistle:

Could have had Kyle Long too. Definitely right about waiting too long before getting Robinson.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

32 total drop backs for Davis. On the 25 attempts he was able to get off he was hit or hurried almost every time. At some point you have to question the coaching staff as to why they were sending out a tight end and running back on pass patterns when the OL needed help blocking the Chiefs front 7.
I mentioned that stat in the chat. Crazy. There was no pocket. It didn't seem like the receivers were getting separation or coming back to bail out the QB either. And, AD seemed skittish after the pick.

It is true that we lost 3 starters on the OL (Long, Saffold, Wells) and Quick though so that's gonna affect things. Insane day on the injury front.

The Rams just seemed flat to me emotionally today though. Especially coming out after the half-time break. I wonder if they smoked a bunch of pot and drank a few pitchers of Bud Light in the locker at the half or something...

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend

Young lineman is a bullcrap excuse if you draft talent. DAL has three VERY GOOD youngins in Smith, Frederick, and Martin.

It is strange. Arizona has done well with a line that was supposed to be a weakness. King Dunlap, who was generally terrible in Philly, is playing very well in San Diego.
Seems every move the Rams make related to the Oline ends badly. Damn....shoulda kept Greko.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
First of all Two key positions are old and broke down in OLT and Center. Throw in one guard just being injured. That's 3/5 of the line that is unreliable. Any coaches that don't think that is a problem, well I don't get it.

Plus I really wonder about Boudreaux sometimes. Hanifan could make a good OLine out of dirt and water. Boudreaux....not so much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I have to wonder why the Rams didn't chip Justin Houston. I also have to wonder why Davis and Schotty put such little effort into short passes and screens to negate the pass rush. Frustrating. But at this point, I just don't care.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

This.
Dallas was laughed at for supposedly taking Fredrick too soon. Who's laughing now?

How about O linemen that aren't 3 year projects. I want talented starters early and often.

I'm done with injury prone FAs and late rnd projects at the position. I have been for years. I'm ed up with the lack of production from highly paid linemen.
Build a dominant line and win some fucking football games already.

Penguin.

Rookie
One of those sacks wasn't Barksdales fault. I believe Austin Davis didn't step up into the pocket, but actually went backwards and to his left which caused the sack to easily occur. But ya, very bad day.