Starting the game in hurry-up O

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
IMO this would play to the strength of the Rams D. If the O can come out and put points on the board the first 2 drives and the D gets a stop the first time they come onto the field, wouldnt this put pressure on the other team to pass to catch up? Isnt the strength of the Rams D its pass rush?

I thought this would be the MO for our Rams this season with all the reports of the no huddle in TC. I understand Fishers concern with the D being on the field too much, but SB seems to move the ball well in the no huddle, so why wait til they need to come from behind before using what the O does best? They can still use a possession passing game, they dont have to go 1 bomb and 2 pass plays later TD. They can take what the D is giving and let the WRs make plays in space and work their way down the field.

I think they should open it with 3 WR and 2 TE with TA as 1 of the WRs, force the D into nickle then use TA at RB without giving the D a chance to substitute since the Rams didnt sub. The possibilities are endless spread em out with the 3 wide 2 TE then put LK at FB with TA at RB and run power O down their throat

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It's a nice prospect, but it also puts a lot of pressure on our pass defense, and as we've seen in the first two games if the QB's even got moderate time he's going to throw it all over our secondary.

Jenkins is the only one one of our CBs who's been playing consistent enough for me to say I wouldn't worry about putting such pressure on him, but Finnegan is regressing, I don't think Trumaine's quite got the experience to be relied on like that.. Same goes with our safeties. Just in general our coverage just seems to be lacking. I don't if it'd be wise to be putting the brunt of our game on their heels.

That being said, I think we should open up to the spread more. Bradford has a lot of success with the spread and has been running it since his Sooner days. I think our offense would see some more success running it.