Starting at QB for the Cowboys, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Our resident Cowboys fan @Rynie should love this. :)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...austin-wants-to-qb-cowboys-until-romo-returns

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin wants to QB Cowboys until Tony Romo returns
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer

BG5roMu.jpg

The oldest quarterback in NFL history is Steve DeBerg, who played eight games and made one start during the 1998 season at 44 years old. If Steven James Anderson (also known as former professional wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin) has anything to say about it, though, there will be a new record holder come Sunday.

"I tell you what, I got some time on my hands. I could be there Sunday, playing the Philadelphia Eagles," said the 50-year old "Stone Cold," per the Dallas Morning News. "I think I can line 'em up, throw for about 300, 400 yards. Get (Jason) Witten open, get Dez (Bryant) working. A lot of underneath routes. Give (Darren) McFadden the ball a few times. Maybe do a little end-around, fake the reverse pitchout, let me run downfield and Darren can throw me the ball.

About 60 yards out, catch it in full stride and boom, spike it over the damn goalpost. ... Y'all saw me catch all those beers all those years -- damn-near never dropped any of them. You know how much money I could have made playing professional football as a tight end? But I can't jump and I can't run fast. That was my problem."

Austin getting on the football field would be a nice bit of role reversal with his former rival, Dwayne Johnson (also known as The Rock), who was a football player for the University of Miami before starting his professional wrestling career. As for whether he could throw for 300, 400 yards against the Eagles on Sunday, I sort of doubt it, but I also don't necessarily want to be Stone Cold Stunnered, so I'll just take his word for it.

Him trying might actually be preferable to two more games of the Matt Cassel Experience anyway, which Austin himself seems to recognize. "Yeah I'm a Cowboys fan -- I'm waiting for Tony Romo to come back; they're in harms way," he said. "They got to get Romo back in the lineup. Hopefully his collarbone is healed up. ... It's a tough season for them -- they'll rebound. They'll get it all together. I hated to see DeMarco Murray go. I was a big fan of his. He was kicking ass, too."

Many Cowboys fans were sad to see Murray go, but it's not like he's been "kicking ass" for Philly. He's been below-average and largely outplayed by backup Ryan Mathews.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I've also never dropped a beer. I think I'm qualified to play some wide receiver or tight end.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've also never dropped a beer. I think I'm qualified to play some wide receiver or tight end.

What ?

You've never dropped a beer? You obviously haven't drank as many as you should at one time. :snicker:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Stone Cold is awesome. Still. I bet he could get it done. Can't imagine the man failing at anything.

TXRams86

The Infamous
If the Cowboys would start Stone Cold, I imagine whoever they play on defense would start Captain Insano.
:p