Star Wars: Episode VII Teaser Trailer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I think what you have to do with these new movies is to separate them from the other trilogies. None are going to live up to the original trilogy. Anyone making new Star Wars movies is going to have a lot of people saying they are bad regardless of what they do. I'm going to enjoy the fact that there will be more star wars to watch. I love seeing light saber duels. The only thing that episodes 1-3 had over 4-6 is the special effects and better light saber duels. It was awesome seeing Darth Maul bust out the two sided saber. It will also be nice to see the original actors playing those characters again after 30 years.

Darth Maul and Liam Neeson were my two favorite things of the last trilogy.

The rest of it was a letdown for me but the cool part was when the first one came out "The Phantom Menace" we went to the theater to see it and my son was 10 years old at the time. He loved the videos of the original trilogy and was a HUGE fan so he was really excited. The theater manager, an older gentleman, asked if anyone wanted to start the film. He picked my son who got to start the film--a cool moment for him.

Star Wars spans generations and will continue to do so. That's pretty neat.

Certain films somehow find a way to do that--"The Wizard of Oz", and James Bond are two others I can think of that have been able to endure like that.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You know that's gonna suck really really bad. Nothing can replace a player's imagination.
Unless, of course, they throw $100,000,000.00 at it and make it all special effects.

Well the special effects are being done by Industrial Light and Magic, which is George Lucas' company. It's supposed to have the feel of Lord of the Rings/ Game of Thrones.

I just wish they'd release the footage they showed at Blizzcon.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I never did play WOW, because I started with Runescape back in the 90's and didn't want to learn a whole new game and grind to a high level again. Do you think they'll adhere to the basic storyline of the game? I don't know what that is, so maybe you could enlighten me before I go and see it. I try to see everything that comes out - good or bad. Kind of a movie buff.

They've gone to great lengths (fired 2 directors) to find someone that wants to stay true to the spirit of the lore. The lore is what drives the game. One of the guys that plays one of the main Orcs in the movie is a huge WoW player. He's got something like over 300 days played in game, and still plays.

You'll remember him if you saw Pacific Rim.
robert-kazinsky-17th-annual-hollywood-film-awards-01.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They've gone to great lengths (fired 2 directors) to find someone that wants to stay true to the spirit of the lore. The lore is what drives the game. One of the guys that plays one of the main Orcs in the movie is a huge WoW player. He's got something like over 300 days played in game, and still plays.

You'll remember him if you saw Pacific Rim.
robert-kazinsky-17th-annual-hollywood-film-awards-01.jpg
I know that dude from the HBO Series, TrueBlood. He was a fairy/vampire. lol.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I know that dude from the HBO Series, TrueBlood. He was a fairy/vampire. lol.

I never started True Blood.

Here he is at Blizzcon. With some other Warcraft movie Information.

13:30 for Kazinsky.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stephen Colbert Defends The New Star Wars Lightsaber Design

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'm incredibly excited for new Star Wars, as its been nearly a decade since ROTS. I like how the leads (Boyega, Ridley, Driver) are all relatively unknowns just as Hamill, Ford, Fisher were in the OT and McGregor, Portman, Christensen were in the PT. From the trailer I'm very excited that they seem to be catering to both the OT and PT audiences. The trailer certainly has a SW feel, but with a twist. There are camera angles that you wouldn't expect Lucas to utilize (the Falcon, Boyega's opening shot, etc.).

Overall I'm very excited, but as 2nd generation SW I'm not as harsh on the prequels or other SW material following the OT. As @Zombie Slayer said its kind of unfair to try and compare the 2, or now 3 trilogies. Each has its strengths and its weaknesses, but I think some OT fans expect to get something as good as the OT. That's never been my expectation as I enjoy the new material for what it is. There was plenty of great things that came out of the PT including great new characters, storylines, planets, etc. And I think for the most part the PT did a fine job tying together the two trilogies and answering most questions that hadn't been answered.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim Starts today

Three new promo posters have showed up on line , believed to be legit ,:cool: , hopefully the rumors are true that we will get the new Trailer sometime over the weekend

Here we get our first someone clear look at Kylo Ren , and his stupid lightsaber crossguard

Kylo-Ren-and-stormtroopers.jpg

Kylo-Ren.jpg

Stormtroopers-fire.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
New StormTrooper in action

StormTrooper_zpscxftts8a.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
StarWars12_zpsrrb2wcsi.jpg

StarWars13_zps6o1uv10y.jpg

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Star Wars: Episode VII Teaser Trailer...
Nice...
I now know what I want for Christmas...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
This movie is going to break many box office records in my opinion. We may be looking at the top grossing movie of all time, overtaking Avatar. Trailer is awesome. Not to mention all the notoriety Star Wars already has with generations of fans. Just wait until the next trailer where we see Luke and Leia and the villains of this movie. I can't wait to go see this.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm not a big Star Wars fan. The Empire Strikes Back is a great movie though. I'm willing to give this one a chance. It doesn't look bad. I'd be ecstatic if they made an R rated version. Light sabers are cool and imagine if they didn't PG or PG 13 the light saber violence.

Also I've just recently got a taste of what the special editions of the original films are. Lucas is a bigger criminal than Madoff for doing that.