Stalter: Bradford to be Maybe a Glorified Game Manager

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
About two days after signing that contract Harbore said that they intend to throw it more, remains to be seen if they do, but they made movements in that direction.

I find that hard to believe. The only pass plays that he can read correctly are roll outs where he only has to read half the field. He has a pull it down and run first mentality....that's a hard habit to break.

AZRamsFan93

no, but thats the contract the rams are stuck with due to the nonsensical contract options available when sam bradford was drafted. honestly, are any of the athletes "worth" the millions they are paid ?
Yes they are, based upon the laws of supply and demand. I don't see any owners losing their ass on their teams.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
no, but thats the contract the rams are stuck with due to the nonsensical contract options available when sam bradford was drafted. honestly, are any of the athletes "worth" the millions they are paid ?

I'm one of those people that support athlete contracts. If an owner is willing to pay that much for a person, then that means they are worth it. Sports are businesses that generate a lot of revenue, and the money should go to the players people pay to see. NFL players do not get as paid as much as MLB, NBA, or soccer players.

I don't see people complaining about singers, who are born with a great voice and sometimes do not write their own music. Would you say a singer works harder than an athlete? (rhetorical question)

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'm one of those people that support athlete contracts. If an owner is willing to pay that much for a person, then that means they are worth it. Sports are businesses that generate a lot of revenue, and the money should go to the players people pay to see. NFL players do not get as paid as much as MLB, NBA, or soccer players.

I don't see people complaining about singers, who are born with a great voice and sometimes do not write their own music. Would you say a singer works harder than an athlete? (rhetorical question)

This conversation, and the preceding article it refers to, would definitely be more interesting if we were to compare Bradford to Britney.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Musicians make far less than most people think. Their overhead is enormous. Even the big names net far less than the reported gross.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If you win multiple Superbowls, call me whatever you want. I will call you a hater.

fearsomefour

Legend
Blather.
Having a "run first" O doesn't mean exclusion of the passing game. One of the biggest advantages of having a respected run game is being able to use play action and pass on first down ect.
Becoming predictable is death. It doesn't matter how a strength is established (run or pass), once it is established the key is to play off of it smartly. This is where Schottt comes in.
Using the default of Peyton....blah, blah. When playoff time comes and the games get bigger you will see Denver start to rely more on a run game. For all of his greatness Manning refuses to deal with a passrush and can't handle big games well.
As for saying what will Bradford do when he faces tougher Ds in the playoffs.....you mean tougher than SF, Seattle and Az six times? Tools.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
and seriously who the hell is THIS Ryan Rucco anyways?? Can anybody seriously tell me who he is without google? I could give a %&$^ what he thinks.... ![/QUOTE said:
He's just a commentator, nothing more. Just like Salter or Slater of whoever said "game manager". Because Rams don't talk to muck local media these guys just seems to talk. Ruocco is just like the "scout" BigBanger, the Football Outsiders's guy that has hated Sam since college, the bullets of pressure guys . . .they don't talk to Rams coaches, they don't look at much much stat lines. But they are hired to fill airtime.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Is anyone else completely tired of countless Bradford articles and ready for the freaking season to start?
I suspect we'll know one way or the other this year but until then it's all a bunch of wasted words.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Is anyone else completely tired of countless Bradford articles and ready for the freaking season to start?
I suspect we'll know one way or the other this year but until then it's all a bunch of wasted words.
I concur fully!
Once the bullets start flying all the BS goes out the window brah

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I don't give a damn what the hell you call him as long as he's leading our team to victories.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I have heard people call Brady a game manager. He has won a few Super Bowls. Also are you trying to tell me Russell Wilson is anything more than a game manager? He is not and he has won a Super Bowl. You can call these guys anything you want, as long as the Rams win and Bradford can throw for 3500 yards and keep his interceptions under 10 with 25 to 30 TDs, I will take that game manager all day for this team.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I have heard people call Brady a game manager. He has won a few Super Bowls. Also are you trying to tell me Russell Wilson is anything more than a game manager? He is not and he has won a Super Bowl. You can call these guys anything you want, as long as the Rams win and Bradford can throw for 3500 yards and keep his interceptions under 10 with 25 to 30 TDs, I will take that game manager all day for this team.

Some of those game manager definitions would describe Joe Montana too. If that's what a game manager is, I want one of those.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Anthony Stalter is a glorified radio producer.

I'm completely over the talking heads be it good or bad about Bradford or anything to do with the Rams. When the Rams have a winning record everything will come to a head.

…..

Legend
Its completely allright to critcize Sam when it is warrented. I have done plenty of my own.

Fact of the matter is, the last time we saw Sam Bradford, he was putting up pro bowl level accuracy and numbers. I would not be suprised to see that same Sam this year. The Glorified Game Manager thing might just be the ticket for him put all this worthy/not worthy talk to rest.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm going to love when Bradford has a huge 2014 season!

Someone calculated that had the drops and penalties been cut in half, he was on pace to like 44 TDs and over 4000 yards so, yes, he COULD be an elite QB.

Elite or really good, fine with me. Ground and pound and win.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
Sammy... Cool name for my quarterback and I've been pulling and rooting for this kid since day 1. He's also the 'one' position I think is not yet spoken for...I want Sammy to grab that bi$%h by the horns (nice) and make it his own. This season....now!
Plus I don't really care to have my QB be named Gilbert. (but i'd still you know)