Stage set for a 2014 winning season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No matter what happens against the shitchickens Sunday, I think the Rams finally get long awaited winning season next year.

Here's why:

-Another year in the same system, 2nd and 3rd year guys getting even better.

-MOAR talent from the draft.

-"Easier" schedule. Finishing either 8-8 or 7-9, the Rams will be in 4th place unfortunately. But that also gives the Rams a 4th place schedule. Since they are playing the NFCE next season, the 2 4th place teams come from the North and South: Vikings @ home, and @ Tampa (or Falcons depending on next week). Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina are all gonna be better or stay the same. That's gonna be much tougher. On the AFC side of things, they get the Raiders and Broncos @ home. Go to KC and SD will be tough, but @ least SD should be a winnable game.

-It may not happen right away. It will be bumpy in the begining, but towards November/December they can go on a run toward a 10-6 record (i.e. what Philly/Carolina/Arizona did this year).

2014 will the winning season, and 2015 will be the year of the Ram.

I agree, we have a top 10 D according to my calculations. This running game with Sam able to punish teams for loading the box, continued improvement from Stedman and Tavon, Givens finding his rookie form, fewer penalties.

Hell this season could have easily been a winning season with Clemens as our QB for half of it, the improvements that the number 3/2/1 whatever pick will bring we'll be good.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No matter what happens against the shitchickens Sunday, I think the Rams finally get long awaited winning season next year.

Here's why:

-"Easier" schedule. Finishing either 8-8 or 7-9, the Rams will be in 4th place unfortunately. But that also gives the Rams a 4th place schedule. Since they are playing the NFCE next season, the 2 4th place teams come from the North and South: Vikings @ home, and @ Tampa (or Falcons depending on next week). Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina are all gonna be better or stay the same. That's gonna be much tougher. On the AFC side of things, they get the Raiders and Broncos @ home. Go to KC and SD will be tough, but @ least SD should be a winnable game.

-It may not happen right away. It will be bumpy in the begining, but towards November/December they can go on a run toward a 10-6 record (i.e. what Philly/Carolina/Arizona did this year).

That whole 4th place schedule thing has not been working for us the last few years.
We have had -pursuant to the starting strength of schedule at the beginning of the year- a top five most difficult schedule in the NFL - how many years in a row now?

In short, I have to see our schedule next year to believe it will be easier.
At this point, I just don't buy it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We shoulda had one this year! I'm not making a prediction, at least this early. But I say we'll be pretty dam tough to beat. Just hope we find the answer for when the defenses stop our running game. SF and ARZ handled our offense with ease.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That whole 4th place schedule thing has not been working for us the last few years.
We have had -pursuant to the starting strength of schedule at the beginning of the year- a top five most difficult schedule in the NFL - how many years in a row now?

In short, I have to see our schedule next year to believe it will be easier.
At this point, I just don't buy it.

I just laid out the schedule for you.

Cardinals/49ers/shitchickens, obviously.

Home: Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Vikings

Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins (lol), Bucs

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I just laid out the schedule for you.

Cardinals/49ers/shitchickens, obviously.

Home: Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Vikings

Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins (lol), Bucs

I know.

I'm just saying that there is a myth about fourth place schedules always being easier that does not always pan out. That's all.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know.

I'm just saying that there is a myth about fourth place schedules always being easier that does not always pan out. That's all.

True it's unfortunate the 4th place schedule hasn't been helpful in the recent, but that show how bad this team was.

Now tho, it's different. Rams are better. They *should* be able to take advantage of that schedule.

The other 3 teams will be going against teams that will be much better than their down year.

SF/shitchickens: Packers/Bears/Saints/Panthers
Arizona: Lions/Falcons

Rams: Bucs/Vikings.

The thing about the last place schedule is you still end up playing the 3rd 2nd and 1st place teams the same amount as 4th placed teams.

Ram_of_Old

Here's why:

shitchickens
made me laugh out loud.

You can wager that Fisher is going to get the most our of our draft picks. We will contend in 2014 and we could make the NFC West the best Division in the NFL

jap

Legend
You can wager that Fisher is going to get the most our of our draft picks. We will contend in 2014 and we could make the NFC West the best Division in the NFL

The NFC West is already the best division in football. If the Rams beat the 'Hawks this Sunday, this should be the only division where no teams would have a losing record.