Stafford’s Elbow Injection

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Reading between the lines, and doing little research, I'm betting what he had was a platelet rich plasma (PRP) injection. This is a technique used to stimulate healing for conditions (arthritis, tendonitis, other soft tissue injuries/conditions) that are not severe enough to require surgery. It apparently has a good track record for effectiveness, but requires the injected area to be rested for 6-12 weeks. If this is, in fact, what Stafford had in the weeks following the Super Bowl (late-Feb/early-Mar), then he'd be on track to start throwing again in June.

If I’m right, I’d say this was a wise proactive measure in advance of the title defense.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
This injury may be the cause of some of those occasional underthrown deep balls he had.

Psycho_X

Legend
Essentially, he's getting old and needed a bit of a lube job on that overused joint. Mileage recommendation varies.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Ain't even worried. We knew he had a few ailments.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He should get some of the shit Tom Terrific injects instead. PRP is nothing compared to HGH.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Kobe and other NBA guys have used on their knees over the years....

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as nothing as some are doing. I would not panic, either. I do suspect Stafford will be fine. But it is something to keep an eye on.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as nothing as some are doing. I would not panic, either. I do suspect Stafford will be fine. But it is something to keep an eye on.
Well…yeah… that’s pretty much the spectrum.

My default setting is “not worried.” If new information comes out, I’ll reassess.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
doctor.gif