Stadiumgate?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
bringing it up now...

We'll see by how the calls start to go in the GB/ATL game...

Atlanta is opening a new $1.7B stadium next year and I really wonder if they're going to try and steer the SB to them in order to maximize the opening of that stadium.

I don't think they gave them this season or anything. I think they are a legit team.

But we all know how games can change drastically on a few calls.

So I'm going to be watching to see how this plays out.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
bringing it up now...

Atlanta is opening a new $1.7B stadium next year and I really wonder if they're going to try and steer the SB to them in order to maximize the opening of that stadium.

I don't think they gave them this season or anything. I think they are a legit team.

I think next year is in MN? I don't think they can just change the site on a whim without seriously upsetting an entire city.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think next year is in MN? I don't think they can just change the site on a whim without seriously upsetting an entire city.
Next year is Minnesota with the next year being in Atlanta. After that it's open but it's assumed 2020 will be in Inglewood.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No next year is Atl. This is the last game in the Georgia Dome. They open new stadium next year. They talked about it a lot thus far.

2018 is MN.

2019 is LA.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No next year is Atl. This is the last game in the Georgia Dome. They open new stadium next year. They talked about it a lot thus far.

2018 is MN.

2019 is LA.

No they don't have a Super Bowl in a stadium the first year it's open. Minnesota opened this year the Super Bowl is next year. Atlanta opens next year the Super Bowl is the year after.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_LII

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/5/24/11762590/nfl-names-locations-for-super-bowl-53-54-and-55

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352335/article/super-bowl-lii-headed-to-minnesota

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Okay... you all misunderstand me.

I'm saying they would steer the Atlanta Falcons to a Super Bowl WIN so that they can MAX SELL out their NEW STADIUM that opens in 2017.

I'm NOT saying that the Super Bowl will be played IN the new stadium.

Hope that clears up any confusion...

Point being that they might want to help a popular owner by putting a Super Bowl winner into the new stadium...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm saying they would steer the Atlanta Falcons to a Super Bowl WIN so that they can MAX SELL out their NEW STADIUM that opens in 2017.

Point being that they might want to help a popular owner by putting a Super Bowl winner into the new stadium...
I get what you're saying but still think you're off on suspecting a conspiracy. A team coming off a deep playoff run with an MVP at QB and the top scoring offense in the NFL and an exciting DE like Beasley needs no help selling seats in a new stadium. The Falcons this year averaged 70,000 a game in a stadium that seats 71,228. The new stadium is actually smaller only seating 70,000 with the ability to expand for the Super Bowl and other events. I get what you're saying I just don't see the need for a conspiracy to boost attendance.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, I don't think Belichick needed to cheat most of those games.

And?

So far, doesn't seem to be an issue because ATL is just laying it down onto GB. Refs haven't needed to do anything. Would maybe have been an issue in a close game and we'll see if anything happens in the second half, but I don't believe in coincidence.

I just like to see fair games.

We've certainly seen as Rams fans games called that were as fishy as the bottom of an old tacklebox.

I was just wondering if this game was gonna be called straight up or if there was gonna be shenanigans.

I mean with Billions on the line, the NFL has ZERO integrity. We've seen that.

Seems the game is being called straight. That's good.

And the longer the 9ers go without a HC and can't put together their staff, etc, even better...

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Stadiumgate, deflategate, bountygate, gategate, irongate, congregate, wrought-irongate, gaitgate....

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
bringing it up now...

I swear if I never here the word gate tied to football again I'd be ecstatic

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Definitely.
anyone could see that the Packers field goal wasn't missed, and that Ripkowski didn't really fumble at the 1...
Darned refs took 10 points away from the Packers, they would have won the game!

bluecoconuts

Legend

2018 is MN.

2019 is LA.

2019 Super Bowl is in Atlanta, 2020 is in Miami, and 2021 is in Los Angeles.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
By your theory/train of thought I would think they should have softened the landing for the Rams back in LA :).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Falcons beat the Freaking Patriots, they can host the Super Bowl for the next two years!

Crush Tom Brady and make Robert Kraft Sober!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
If the Falcons beat the Freaking Patriots, they can host the Super Bowl for the next two years!

Crush Tom Brady and make Robert Kraft Sober!

Me and my wife had a serious WTF moment as he spoke last night...:rolllaugh:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I swear if I never here the word gate tied to football again I'd be ecstatic
I'm taking it that your not a fan of the play where the offensive line, receivers, and backs shift to the far side of the field leaving just the center and QB in the middle of the field?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I just wondered out loud if there were going to be no obvious shenanigans in this post season liken in other post seasons... specifically would the owners this the refs favor Atlanta because they have a stadium opening next season.

Doesn't seem so or at least they haven't had to put their thumbs in the scale.

But let's not act like we've never seen shenanigans, all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Kind of off topic here Mac.... so I'm sorry.

But I would just like to say Fuck the falcons. Us old timers remember when they were in our Division. I hate em. The last Ram playoff game I went to in person was there in ATL. Don't look it up... we lost.

And Fuck Steve Bartkowski too.

Thanks.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That was a strange NFC "West"

SF, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Atlanta

Weird...