Stadium Talk, Quick's Ready, Hill at Helm & More Than 12 Other Observations Entering Season (101ESP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Makes it tough on the fan base, for sure. I think Stan is more focused on the long-term, however, and I continue to believe that includes a new venue in the region based upon both what I have studied and some behind the scenes info, etc.
I agree, I am guessing that the stadium would resemble something like is here in Philly ( The Linc) we call it with the GO Green stadium. Its a beautiful modern vacility that would work well in the mid west.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My belief is that the 700 million proposal was the best bet for the Rams staying. It looks more likely that the Rams are moving to LA. If Stan really wanted to stay in STL he would be trying to get something done already. Why would he wait on a new stadium? How much more leverage can he gain waiting it out? It makes no sense. Him not answering phone calls tells it all.That's my opinion anyway. I live in California and started following the Rams when they were in STL. I would be a liar if I told you I didn't want them to move. Either way I will be a Rams fan no matter what.

One of the major issues with the arbitration-based proposal is this would have only gotten this to 2025 unless an adaption was made to the lease. You obviously can't put 700 million in for essentially a 10 year fix.

Why do you not think he is trying to get anything done. There have been talks this year, by the way.

And I can't blame you for wanting them close to your home. That's only a natural thing that most fans would desire.

ShaneG

Starter
Two things and an observation.

So you can't actually tell me anything he's done, you just don't like the fact that he doesn't give you as much information about his plans as you'd like. Had you been paying attention to what he has said, you'd know that he fully intends to keep the team in St. Louis. It appears to me (I could mistaken about this) that every time a new rumor surfaces about LA you expect him to reiterate his earlier statement. He doesn't feel the need to do that and so you hate him? Wow.

Your information about what went down with Khan is incorrect. Kroenke always owned 30% of the Rams with the understanding that he had first dibs on buying a controlling interest if it went up for sale. It did and he did. End of story. The rest was just foolish crap in the news.

And you know what Khan would do if he owned the Rams and a good opportunity came up in LA how?

As for some teams having an owner who gets more involved in the community and the team, I prefer Kroenke to Jerry Jones any day. Kroenke has given Fisher free reign to do things his way and the resources to do it. We spend more on salaries for our team than anyone else. We're always against the cap. If he isn't the perfect owner he'll do until I see something better.

But that's just my opinion of course.

Some very good points... I will add that while SK did buy in at 30%, he owned 40% at the time of his majority purchase.

ShaneG

Starter
While it would be good for Stan to do this. It just isn't in his MO. Stan is a business man with a lot of interests, so he hire people who he feel represents his values and who could do a great job of managing whatever he hires them to do. Look at all his sport businesses, he is never talking to any media about anything I could see your point if he talked to the soccer media and basketball but he doesn't. Stan is old fashioned I'm the sense that when he hires them he expect them to do their job without him micromanaging everything. He spent big money on Fisher and let fisher pick and pay his staff whatever he wanted. That's doing a lot for the fans there buying up seats so that we can watch the games on tv that's doing a lot. So while he don't speak about business he makes it plain that he still wants to win and as fans that's all we should care about at this point

Very well put.. although I think many fans based in and around St. Louis are rightfully concerned with more than just winning at this time. They are having trouble dealing with the percieved possibility of the team not being the home team any longer.

ShaneG

Starter
Yeah Shane I agree on the Bradford being hurt doesn't constitute all is lost,IMO some of the games we'd have won we still will just closer and some of the loses will be a little worse,the ones tha were going to be tight still will and the character of the team and coaching staff will determine those.
I don;t think we have to have any worse record.
I notice you mentioned Bernie Miklasz and his contention that Stan "enjoys"........... IMO it's unfair for him to characterize the mans state of mind that way,I get the drift you agree
As for the record, if the D and run game are as good as they have the potential to be, we won't have to have a top-tier passing attack to be in position to win on most weeks.

On the last point, it all depends.. if Bernie indeed knows this to be fact, then I would say it is fair to say that if that is indeed true.

Alan

Legend
ShaneG reminding me:
Some very good points... I will add that while SK did buy in at 30%, he owned 40% at the time of his majority purchase.
Thanks for reminding me Shane. I'd forgotten that. :)

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
View attachment 2921

Thanks Shane. Kroenke (mr. burns) continues to be a douche to the fans of STL as he always has. Kick his ass Homer!

Gotta call bullshit on that one. Other than the planets lining up, grabbing a hall of famer, getting a favorable schedule... sorry, we all know the story, the franchise has flat sucked since the bitch took over.

Kroenke is the best thing has happened to this team. :gtfo:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very well put.. although I think many fans based in and around St. Louis are rightfully concerned with more than just winning at this time. They are having trouble dealing with the percieved possibility of the team not being the home team any longer.

I live in St. Louis and I just take a look at what is happening now in downtown St. Louis to remain positive and confident that the team is going to stay. New infrastructure are already being built the new bridge is already complete the new arch ground project is under way. I think all of these things are a precursor for the rams and a new stadium. One thing a owner has to worry about is the flow of traffic how that will impact the area. With infrastructure already in place that's one major issue out the way. The renovated arch ground project will make downtown access a lot easier just not from car traffick but foot traffic and I think that is a major play as we'll in winning that Super Bowl bid. St. Louis already have a lot of things in play for a new stadium things that are completed and things that are already underway. I know a lot of people are concerned about the lack of information but all I do is take a look at my city.

VARam

I think most st. Louis fans want to see stan become like a Gussie Busch or Bill DeWitt than Jerry Jones. The first two weren't and aren't as flashy as JJ, but they made their presence known on many occasions. That's very important to a town like St. Louis

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
So tired of our Fans wanting Stan to be like a Jerry Jones type of owner.... thank God he is not. Please lay off the crap, this is a multi billion dollar game at stake here and he wants to get the best deal for himself and the team.

ShaneG

Starter
Love the reports Shane, wish I shared your optimism. In every line of work I know, treating your customers like Stan does is a recipe for disaster. If my company treated its customers like Kroenke does , we would be out of business. We value our customers and dont just ignore them like pissants. Our owner would tells everyone around that they matter. Good thing for Stan that there isn't any competition. I feel for Kevin Demoff having to try to put a positive spin on what Stan wont say. Like buying land in LA, sure gives me a warm feeling all over thinking about good old Stan. He has a marketing staff trying to put positive spin out, but people in STL have no reason to feel anything trustworthy from Stan. Why should they? I hope I am wrong in the long run about Stan's devotion to football in St. Louis. Can't wait to hear him reassure us.

You make some very valid points in many regards although it isn't as if the Rams themselves actually ignore the fans. They, instead, are as active as any team in any league in the community and work very, very hard to connect with the region. But Stan's disconnect with the fans makes those efforts less effective than they should be, unfortunately.

ShaneG

Starter
I think most st. Louis fans want to see stan become like a Gussie Busch or Bill DeWitt than Jerry Jones. The first two weren't and aren't as flashy as JJ, but they made their presence known on many occasions. That's very important to a town like St. Louis
Good point.

ShaneG

Starter
So tired of our Fans wanting Stan to be like a Jerry Jones type of owner.... thank God he is not. Please lay off the crap, this is a multi billion dollar game at stake here and he wants to get the best deal for himself and the team.

As for the comment on this being a multi-billion dollar game.. that is exactly true if referring to the stadium issue. As we have seen in many cities, these things can take many twists and turns and it can be foolish to take everything we see at face value.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not once has he been on a tv station to talk about this team. Most owners are community oriented. He makes himself always unavailable for ANYTHING Ram related. Has he mentioned anything about planning to stay in STL? Has he mentioned anything about STL? Does he say he likes the fans here? Did he just buy stadium sized property in LA? Why would you have a warm feeling about Kroenke based on his interaction with the STL public since 1995? I saw him interviewed 1 freaking time in 20 years here, after he waited until the last second to basically shaft Shad Khan from buying the team. He is a snake and will move this team sooner than later I feel. What has Silent Stan done to show the STL Ram fans that he's here for us?
I would take "Silent Stan's" approach over owners like Snider, Jones, Davis ect.