Stacy - sprained ankle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Have any of you noticed that Stacy always gets knicked? If he is to become a "feature back", he needs to be able to stay on the field more. I love his running ... don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see him not have to leave the field every 3rd or 4th play. After every decent run, I see him trying to tap himself out.

Hey ReddingRam, while I do agree it's frustrating seeing him coming off the field a lot, I think it has to do more with his conditioning than being "knicked up." Give him a full off-season to get his body into better football shape, along with more experience at pass-blocking and catching, and we may have ourselves a poor man's Marshall Faulk :cool:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey ReddingRam, while I do agree it's frustrating seeing him coming off the field a lot, I think it has to do more with his conditioning than being "knicked up." Give him a full off-season to get his body into better football shape, along with more experience at pass-blocking and catching, and we may have our next poor man's Marshall Faulk :cool:
Yeah, and not unlike Steven Jackson, that running style of Stacy's is gonna get him nicked throughout the season. We'll find out soon enough if he's half as dedicated at keeping his body in prime condition like SJ was, but I was encouraged by him taping up his ankle and coming back out for another play. You won't be able to keep that kid on the sidelines if he has anything to say about it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know. As much as I have an impression of Pead, he's basically had zero opportunity in real game action. He has 17 career carries and I don't see how any conclusions can be made about the guy with so few attempts. Let him run behind the semi-serviceable line for a few games and at least get a real look at him. When he got what resembled a real start last year he did well enough and this year, he hasn't had a chance at all. None of the RB's looked any good earlier in the year but even Richardson is looking a little better now that the line is...well, gelling isn't really the right word but it's better than it was.

Playing Stacy on a gimpy ankle rather than giving Pead a chance to at leas split carries with Richardson just doesn't compute for me.

I'd like to see Pead get some playing time. We need to see more before even thinking about moving on from him. To your point; he's had limited NFL action.

However; if Stacy is healthy enough... I'm riding that horse. Dude's been a baller.

tonyl711

Starter
there is a reason Pead is not getting playing time, im not going to try and say I know what that reason is but I do know this much, you don't draft a player in the second round and then not use him, think about it, you have a second round pick who is getting less playing time than a UDFA, a fifth round rookie and a seventh round pick. a HC isn't going to just let a second round pick sit on the bench, especially when you are looking for help at his position, unless he either cant play or is such a headcase he is a detriment to the team. Pead is gone next year.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
there is a reason Pead is not getting playing time, im not going to try and say I know what that reason is but I do know this much, you don't draft a player in the second round and then not use him, think about it, you have a second round pick who is getting less playing time than a UDFA, a fifth round rookie and a seventh round pick. a HC isn't going to just let a second round pick sit on the bench, especially when you are looking for help at his position, unless he either cant play or is such a headcase he is a detriment to the team. Pead is gone next year.

detriment to the team? we're not going anywhere this year, it's evaluation time. They seriously need to start playing Pead to see what he's got. We know what we have in Stacy (a beast) but there's no point in running him into the ground the rest of the way during a lost season IMO

jjab360

Legend
detriment to the team? we're not going anywhere this year, it's evaluation time. They seriously need to start playing Pead to see what he's got. We know what we have in Stacy (a beast) but there's no point in running him into the ground the rest of the way during a lost season IMO
Evaluation time? We're only halfway through the season, playing tough football, and nowhere near eliminated from the playoff chase. What kind of message does it send to the team to give up at this point? :confused:

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Evaluation time? We're only halfway through the season, playing tough football, and nowhere near eliminated from the playoff chase. What kind of message does it send to the team to give up at this point? :confused:

I'm not saying give up.. I'm saying they should be giving Pead some snaps as well as playing Bailey and Quick some more. We may not be eliminated from the playoff chase but If you think we're making the playoffs with Kellen Clemens at quarterback.. it's likely you'll be disappointed

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Give some young bucks some time, not pine.

iced

there is a reason Pead is not getting playing time, im not going to try and say I know what that reason is but I do know this much, you don't draft a player in the
second round and then not use him, think about it, you have a second round pick who is getting less playing time than a UDFA, a fifth round rookie and a seventh round pick. a HC isn't going to just let a second round pick sit on the bench, especially when you are looking for help at his position, unless he either cant play or is such a headcase he is a detriment to the team. Pead is gone next year.

yea, nooooo....fisher hasn't had any trouble giving quick limited snaps.. he didnt have an issue benching jenkins and givens last year for off the field issues (and it ain't like they had competition at their spots either)

talent is talent..they're showing him you gotta act like a pro before you can get on the field like one

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
yea, nooooo....fisher hasn't had any trouble giving quick limited snaps.. he didnt have an issue benching jenkins and givens last year for off the field issues (and it ain't like they had competition at their spots either)

talent is talent..they're showing him you gotta act like a pro before you can get on the field like one
And it should.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think Pead's in some really deep doodoo to be sitting when the team needs the production. Probably too deep!
As physically talented as he IS ,there's just no other explanation,with his cap number if he doesn't push Stacy HARD for the starting job h'es trade bait until any roster bonus time and then he's gone.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I know that after actually getting to him him play for the first time...I'm on the Zac Pac Attack. Dude is a chugger. He is our RB now and for the future.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yep. Stacy is the guy. If its a low ankle sprain and he can go. He goes. No need to "evaluate" Pead at this point of the season. He is on the bench for a reason. Not sure why people are still clamoring for him after what has transpired this year. The dude appears to have major mental issues. Yeah, I get that we used a #2 pick on him, but its time to get over it. Play the guys who give you the best chance to win. Tis not rocket surgery.

Stacy changes everything about this offense. Also, Clemens should get better with more reps. Not great, but better, which is good enough to win some games if this defense continues to attack like they did Monday. I for one have not given up hope, and this team should not either.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Barring a setback, Stacy is now on track to play this week. He's managed to avoid a high-ankle sprain and was upgraded from "limited" on Wednesday. Stacy is a high-end RB2 for Week 9 against the Titans.