Stacy - sprained ankle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think Stacy's a keeper(obviously) but if he has to sit until after the bye, it would be a silver lining to force Fisher to give Pead a chance to get out of the doghouse and see if this RB stable can carry the load into 2014 or if they have to go out and get someone else. Would hate to waste any picks on a RB but if they're just going to not use Pead at all, then they'll have to bring someone else in. Would much rather find out that Pead could be a good tandem mate to Stacy and that Richardson could be a change of pace, depth guy and the Rams could focus their picks on best player available. O-line!

jap

Legend
I think Stacy's a keeper(obviously) but if he has to sit until after the bye, it would be a silver lining to force Fisher to give Pead a chance to get out of the doghouse and see if this RB stable can carry the load into 2014 or if they have to go out and get someone else. Would hate to waste any picks on a RB but if they're just going to not use Pead at all, then they'll have to bring someone else in. Would much rather find out that Pead could be a good tandem mate to Stacy and that Richardson could be a change of pace, depth guy and the Rams could focus their picks on best player available. O-line!

I don't even know what to think about the Pead situation anymore. No one says anything on the Rams coaching brass, and a guy with upside is languishing off the field.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah... I have absolutely no faith in Pead and obviously neither does the coaching staff. He just hasn't transistioned well from Cincy coming from that pure spread attack, where the QB was almost never under center. It's a pretty big difference between beginning every run laterally in a zone blocking scheme against inferior opponents athletically, and running north and south taking the handoff from the QB under center in a power blocking scheme. He has terrible vision, not nearly enough quickness to pull off the moves he attempts, and a bad case of the fumbleitis. I'd rather see Cunningham back there, at least he showed me something in the preseason.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't know. As much as I have an impression of Pead, he's basically had zero opportunity in real game action. He has 17 career carries and I don't see how any conclusions can be made about the guy with so few attempts. Let him run behind the semi-serviceable line for a few games and at least get a real look at him. When he got what resembled a real start last year he did well enough and this year, he hasn't had a chance at all. None of the RB's looked any good earlier in the year but even Richardson is looking a little better now that the line is...well, gelling isn't really the right word but it's better than it was.

Playing Stacy on a gimpy ankle rather than giving Pead a chance to at leas split carries with Richardson just doesn't compute for me.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I don't even know what to think about the Pead situation anymore. No one says anything on the Rams coaching brass, and a guy with upside is languishing off the field.

I'm thinking that Pead gets traded today; don't know which team would take him or what the Rams would get in return.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Rams dont have the cap room to pull off a trade, unless its for a player that makes the same or less than Pead. Maybe the cowgirls would be interested but what could the Rams get in return.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I agree with molderman, we have no idea what we have in Pead. Maybe he is a bust but that pick has already been made. Let's see what he can do in a real game situation before we just give up on him. Also, I think his "fumble issues" are WAY over played. I know it was his first carry in PS but I'm pretty sure he only fumbled once this year and his pass pro is very good.

faylan

UDFA
At this point I would be shocked if pead makes the team next year. He has been beaten out three times by drich, benny and stacy. Maybe now that zac is hurt pead might be some runs so there is that.

nighttrain

Legend
i'm of the opinion Rams should play Pead is Stacy isnt fully recovered, see what we have.
train

jap

Legend
i'm of the opinion Rams should play Pead is Stacy isnt fully recovered, see what we have.
train

Pead has never received an extended opportunity where he is allowed to get into a groove. It seems like Zac gets dinged up every game. Relieve the pressure on him by working others in. Benny is still hurting; apparently DRich managed to get some runs outside with the Seattle D focusing on Zac. Isaiah is flexible enough to run inside or outside, has the best hands of any back besides Tavon, and pass blocks well.

iced

I don't think Pead has ever been beaten out due to athletic ability... it's all mental for him and whatever got him in fisher's dog house...

clearly the most talented back though, from the neck down

jjab360

Legend
I don't think Pead has ever been beaten out due to athletic ability... it's all mental for him and whatever got him in fisher's dog house...

clearly the most talented back though, from the neck down
I don't get it it. Measurables do not automatically equal talent, like some people seem to think. Stacy is clearly the most talented back on this team right now.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Rams dont have the cap room to pull off a trade, unless its for a player that makes the same or less than Pead. Maybe the cowgirls would be interested but what could the Rams get in return.

Was thinking more along the lines of a conditional draft pick next year, as opposed to a body this year.

iced

I don't get it it. Measurables do not automatically equal talent, like some people seem to think. Stacy is clearly the most talented back on this team right now.

wasn't talking about just measurables - talking about how he's played on the field. He was by far the best pass pro back in the preseason, definitely has the best hands, and unlike Drich, actually breaks tackles.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Have any of you noticed that Stacy always gets knicked? If he is to become a "feature back", he needs to be able to stay on the field more. I love his running ... don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see him not have to leave the field every 3rd or 4th play. After every decent run, I see him trying to tap himself out.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8400/zac-stacy

FOX Sports reports Zac Stacy is headed for X-rays on his left ankle following the Rams' 14-9 loss to the Seahawks on Monday night.

Coach Jeff Fisher confirmed Stacy injured his ankle on the final drive, one in which he was gashing the Seahawks on the ground. He was wincing in noticeable pain on the sideline. The ESPN cameras later caught him with a decent amount of athletic tape on his left ankle as he was gingerly walking around. Stacy entered the game on the final play but was motioned out wide left and wasn't really a part of the action. It would be a blow for both Stacy and the Rams if he's dealing with a high-ankle sprain or any other long-term issue.

If Stacy is out for a while then we will indeed see Pead & Reynolds on the field & active. Tavon Austin also may get more shots in the backfield. But Shotty going to have to use both DR & TA smarter than running these dinkys up the middle. He will need to add many more outside runs and this OL will need to do something that it has not often done. There is no recourse if both Cunningham & Stacy are in walking boots together.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pead is a goner. Say goodbye to him.

This year or next, Maxie? At this point the only other RB the Rams have is Reynolds so because of the injuires to Cunningham & Stacy me thinks Pead gets some looks against Fisher's old team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter