Stacy Record Yards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Yea SJ had a great year in 06. Still believe Stacy is showing he's a better back.

He's really good, but I would trade him for a rookie SJ straight up without hesitation. Let's see him put a couple good years together then we can have this conversation again.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He's really good, but I would trade him for a rookie SJ straight up without hesitation. Let's see him put a couple good years together then we can have this conversation again.

Not me.

Stacy's rookie year stats are right on par with Jackson's sophomore year stats (his first year starting); however, Jackson played in and started 15 games that season and Stacy has played in 13 only started 11. Give Stacy the 4 extra starts and he blows away Jackson.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd prefer to keep Stacy measured on his own scale.

SJ, was his own type of runner. A beast of a player who got hard yards after the first wave of tacklers. He didn't have break away speed, but get him some momentum and dude was something special.

Again; a different runner.

I appreciate both.

Just like Faulk was something different from these two.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Not me.

Stacy's rookie year stats are right on par with Jackson's sophomore year stats (his first year starting); however, Jackson played in and started 15 games that season and Stacy has played in 13 only started 11. Give Stacy the 4 extra starts and he blows away Jackson.

I understand that, but we still had Faulk that year, so his touches were limited. Let's see Stacy do this on a regular basis, and then we can talk about it.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I understand that, but we still had Faulk that year, so his touches were limited. Let's see Stacy do this on a regular basis, and then we can talk about it.

I would say Zac has done it on a regular basis. Or do you mean for a couple of seasons as SJ did?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I was never a big SJ fan either. He did have a couple of impressive season though and played behind a horrible line a lot.

It's to soon to judge Stacy but he has always impressed me as the real deal. Vision, power, slippery enough and enough speed.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I'd prefer to keep Stacy measured on his own scale.

SJ, was his own type of runner. A beast of a player who got hard yards after the first wave of tacklers. He didn't have break away speed, but get him some momentum and dude was something special.

Again; a different runner.

I appreciate both.

Just like Faulk was something different from these two.

Well said CGI

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I like Zac. I think he's great.

But until he gets 1000+ yards rushing 8 years straight, shows his toughness to play through injuries ( herniated disk! ) and leads his team, it's ridiculous to compare let alone say he's better than our former warrior SJ!

StevenG-BR

Rookie
And as far as Stacy's potential stats... he rushed for 134 yds against Seattle last time. If he can somehow match that yardage, add a TD, and finish near 1,100 & 8 rushing touchdowns in 12 starts... that averages out to 1,466 yards & 11 rushing TD's if he plays 16 games.

That's a Pro Bowl type year, and he's still a rookie 5th rounder. The guy is a savage.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The great thing about Stacy is he closed the book on SJ ,no one is saying we should have hung on to an over the hill back because his replacement didn't perform.
I worry about long term durability with Zac,he has so little regard for his safety but it's gonna be fun to watch him burn that candle from both it's ends.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sort of seems like they are so in love with Zac that the "committee-" approach has changed

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy on to something:
Sort of seems like they are so in love with Zac that the "committee-" approach has changed

By committee approach they mean "we haven't found our starter yet".

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Would still like to see a time share with Cunningham, both seem to be pretty good.

I would like to see some outside stuff with Cunningham to help soften the middle that Zac keeps running into. Zac saw way too many 8 & 9 man condensed boxed defenses. Another point to bring up is Zac's better late season runs dried up fast when Saffold moved to OLT.

Yep this 5th rd pick by Snead makes up big for the egg laid by the Rok Watkins selection. I watched Zac down here in SEC territory & was very happy with his selection....very surprised he got lost in the draft like he did!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would like to see some outside stuff with Cunningham to help soften the middle that Zac keeps running into. Zac saw way too many 8 & 9 man condensed boxed defenses. Another point to bring up is Zac's better late season runs dried up fast when Saffold moved to OLT.

Yep this 5th rd pick by Snead makes up big for the egg laid by the Rok Watkins selection. I watched Zac down here in SEC territory & was very happy with his selection....very surprised he got lost in the draft like he did!

The problem with Watkins wasn't ability it was laziness about working out and remember he had a one game suspension. On the surface the pick should have been decent because he could have been a good rotation player. Instead he couldn't push himself away from the dinner table or the bong. And he may not have noticed the two were a bad combination.

It's hard to blame a coach when a player just decides not to put in any effort.

I'm not sure you can lay an egg with 5th round selections, you're essentially guessing at that point, if you get a Stacy awesome, if you get a Watkins then so be it, what Stacy makes up for is Pead.