Stacy Getting Some Love From Rotoworld

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Stacy was injured and had not yet shown he could consistently pick up blitz assignments as far as I remember. Why is this really an argument? Did anyone really see the team going 8-2 to this point with all of the 1 and 2 year players filling roles? I said before the preseason that this team is built to go off in 2014.They look about on pace for that to me. This Stacy stud is going to be a huge part of it, so lets just be happy he is getting good experience now .

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Stacy was injured and had not yet shown he could consistently pick up blitz assignments as far as I remember. Why is this really an argument? Did anyone really see the team going 8-2 to this point with all of the 1 and 2 year players filling roles? I said before the preseason that this team is built to go off in 2014.They look about on pace for that to me. This Stacy stud is going to be a huge part of it, so lets just be happy he is getting good experience now .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said !
I like Stacy, I didn't know him as well as some others did,I trust those closest to him to know when his time came,I'm just farts and giggle we don't seem to be in the market for a high round pick next spring at RB.
I really don't care WHY Fisher and Co decided to start DR over him, cuz that just tempts me to compare my acumen/evaluations to his/ their's and they are not on the same planet. Moving on now

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The results really say everything. We didn't have a running before Stacy and now we have a very solid running game. It generally doesn't happen that way which makes it all all the more shocking. I think Snisher nailing the Stacy pick negates the Pead pick. A strike out one draft and a home run in the next in is still pretty solid. They may have hit a Home Run in nabbing Austin but Cook, Givens, and Quick have a lot to prove. We'll just have to see...

In other thoughts, Sammy Watkins is growing on me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Snisher nailing the Stacy pick negates the Pead pick. A strike out one draft and a home run in the next in is still pretty solid.

No GM is perfect in the draft. So, I agree... The good ones find solid players deep in the draft and UDFA.

If Pead washes out, he's definitely not the only 2nd rounder in that draft to do so.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No GM is perfect in the draft. So, I agree... The good ones find solid players deep in the draft and UDFA.

If Pead washes out, he's definitely not the only 2nd rounder in that draft to do so.

Right.

Who you leaning towards if we get a top 5 pick? You won't hear me complain with Clowney. Imagine 3rd and 7... LE Clowney, LDT Long, RDT Brockers, and RDE Quinn collapsing the pocket... I just got a jolly...

But in the end I'm becoming increasingly concerned with our WR situation being Quick has shown mild development thus far. I'm growing weary of him. Sammy Watkins may be that true number 1 everyone has bending over backwards for since Holt and Bruce left.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Right.

Who you leaning towards if we get a top 5 pick? You won't hear me complain with Clowney. Imagine 3rd and 7... LE Clowney, LDT Long, RDT Brockers, and RDE Quinn collapsing the pocket... I just got a jolly...

But in the end I'm becoming increasingly concerned with our WR situation being Quick has shown mild development thus far. I'm growing weary of him. Sammy Watkins may be that true number 1 everyone has bending over backwards for since Holt and Bruce left.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but even guys like Vincent Jackson and Demaryius Thomas struggled in their first and second years. I don't want to give up on Quick just yet, not when he has shown a lot of potential and the willingness to improve his craft.

As for a top five pick...I'm leaning toward trading down, picking up extra picks, and drafting Ra'Shede Hageman.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I've mentioned this in another thread, but even guys like Vincent Jackson and Demaryius Thomas struggled in their first and second years. I don't want to give up on Quick just yet, not when he has shown a lot of potential and the willingness to improve his craft.

As for a top five pick...I'm leaning toward trading down, picking up extra picks, and drafting Ra'Shede Hageman.

Yeah we may not be in that bad of shape, really. If Tavon turns it on then the it'll only get easier for other guys. Actually I think the key guy is Stacy the key guy here. We have a meager 6 months until the draft to sort it out. I'm just glad we finally get to watch a game tomorrow.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Right.

To early for me to speculate.

But; I feel comfortable at WR. The only reason I'd draft one is if someone emerges as a true #1.

Therefore I'd go heavy on the oline, and defensive back field. In all likelihood trading back with one of the firsts.

Who knows how this looks come May 2014, tho!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
To early for me to speculate.

But; I feel comfortable at WR. The only reason I'd draft one is if someone emerges as a true #1.

Therefore I'd go heavy on the oline, and defensive back field. In all likelihood trading back with one of the firsts.

Who knows how this looks come May 2014, tho!

Good stuff! I'm good with OL in the second and third rounds but I don't think we need and first round OT. I want more playmakers, period, and almost don't care at what position. Clowney, Watkins, and stud CB, ball hawking safety, even a BA backup running back for Stacy. OG's in the third and fourth rounds would be alright. It is early, though.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm not mad bro, you are the one who said he was pissed

I mean you are the guy who typed this, aren't you?

BTW being "typing cop" doesn't make you look calm,it's a cheap shot. I don't "type correctly" FWIW because this isn't typing class,and OBTW I think it's priceless you hammered my that way and didn't capitalize the first word of that sentence:wink:

FWIW Fisher does have the last say on who starts, so the reference to him generically infers his staff as well.

But what value is there in being angry now? be proud you got to the party early and that Fisher isn't the type coach who never plays rookies.
Tell me what posts to go back and read about how you were certain he was our best back and I'll "like " them ,getcha some points K?
We are ALL glad you were right,as to whether he was ready in week 1 ,Fisher didn't think so and he knows more'n me,maybe not more than you,but more than me.

I'm waiting for my "like"

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Right.

If we ended up with Clowney, do you think they would try to transition him over to DT? Hes got the size for it :juiced:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If we ended up with Clowney, do you think they would try to transition him over to DT? Hes got the size for it :juiced:

Lol Does he really? On passing downs I say they'd put try him anywhere besides RDE.

He's kind of a lazy play but he'd make his money in third down, IMO. How valuable would he be if Quinn or Long got hurt? That's what I'm saying... :)

I just want him to be a Ram in the end. It'd be so much fun to watch our first round front four.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Lol Does he really? On passing downs I say they'd put try him anywhere besides RDE.

He's kind of a lazy play but he'd make his money in third down, IMO. How valuable would he be if Quinn or Long got hurt? That's what I'm saying... :)

I just want him to be a Ram in the end. It'd be so much fun to watch our first round front four.

The only thing is Long and Quinn hardly are hurt, but I know what you mean. His pass rush is great :bigup:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I know we Do resent the re you were going through all the sarcasm, I was just checking if you were a man of your word.
Dude you didn't reference any of said posts and FWIW ,really wasn't anything there to "like" so no "word" to stand by,but I think we need to make no personal character references

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Dude you didn't reference any of said posts and FWIW ,really wasn't anything there to "like" so no "word" to stand by,but I think we need to make no personal character references

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/new-rams-stacy-and-cook.17728/#post-174913

Stacy is a beast, unfortunately I cant view this on my phone. No offence to Pead, Richardson and Gannaway but I see Stacy as our future workhorse filling the void Jackson left.

I actually did. I'm not making shit up just quoting you on what you said. no worries, don't "like" the post. no biggie. I know if I called someone out like that and they proved me wrong I would hold my word and do what I said, I would man up.

The baits are strong with this one, I'm done with this endless BS.