Stacy and Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I rewatched the Dallas game earlier today and I noticed that Benny was the for sure RB in hurry up towards the end of the game. There were also multiple times he got in Davis' ear about the line call. This is great to see that Benny has such a great understanding; he certainly does a great job in pass pro.

My question is why do we hand so many carries to Benny through the course of the game if we know we will use him late? Zac was running great in this game, really great. No reason for the guy to get only 12 carries. It wasn't just circumstances.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
No idea why Stacy didn't get more carries. I saw a lot of people asking that during the game. Maybe he got a little banged up or something, but he was playing awesome.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think the coaches said they'd continue to split carries though, so maybe they just like Benny enough that they'll give him carries even when Stacy is hot.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
STacy shows a little niftiness on one pass reception. That's been my own knock on him is that he's a straight line guy, but maybe he's got more than that

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I liked when they mixed in Watts but Benny just looked too similar to Stacy and was not getting job done - in the early parts of the game. Stacy was pushing the pile almost every time, maybe that had something to do with it. But there were a few drives that Benny was in for running purposes, but by the end of the game he was the man at RB.

I guess I feel like those 5-8 carries that Benny got earlier in the game should have been Zac's if Benny is going to be the back to finish the game. Although it probably would have been different if we could have held our lead.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
except for lack of touches, I thought the running game looked fantastic. Especially when compared to games 1 & 2....Some days Zac looks so much better than everybody. We were moving the ball at will versus Dallas....couple bonehead mistakes, but I don't remember Hekker punting once.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Stacy had his best game of the year so far. Cunningham had outperformed him in limited touches in preseason and the first two games. But I'm glad we have both guys.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just gotta throw in that Watts is a better runner than Benny. Watts is freakin' great. He's what Rich hoped to be.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
From my point of view, Benny's carries are largely for deception. Not to say the guy can't break one off, but he's clearly the "go to" back on passing downs. He's better in pass pro, and a better receiver out of the backfield. However, much like Richardson was strictly to runner with zero utilization in the passing game, the Rams have seemingly learned that you can't have backs that solely do one thing or the other. Mixing Cunningham into the running game ensures that the opposing defenses cannot key in on personnel to correctly guess run or pass.

209RamsFan

Both of them are "bandages" until we draft a guy like Gurley from Georgia or that kid from Wisconsin

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Both of them are "bandages" until we draft a guy like Gurley from Georgia or that kid from Wisconsin
Bandages? I have to disagree. Stacy is proven and is a very good back. BamBam is also good and similar to stacy and used to keep their legs fresh, watts is different and good, and we also have Mason as well. I do not see a reason to draft either of those rb's unless they fall to the 2nd when the Rams are on the clock, and even then it would be highly questionable for the Rams to use a pick on either of them.

Having said that, I think Gurley and Gordon are both studs and would love either to be a Ram, but they are not close to being a top 5 need for the Rams come draft day IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I like Both of them, and Watts!, maybe the Rams can get a 'Czonka, Kick, Morris' Type back field going?!:D