St. Louis Rams' Projected Roster: Aug 11/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
CoachO seeing potential:
I get it, but I am just not one to put as much stock into 40 times as others obviously do. I prefer to watch the actual game footage, and what I see at training camp, and all I see is a guy who gets open in tight space, and makes plays. No one is saying he will ever run away from people in the open field, although he sure seems to play faster than his "timed" speed.

Look, I get that its a long shot for him to make this roster, but like a few other guys out here, he won't embarrass himself or the team if put in that role.
40 times aren't that important to me either but they're also not meaningless. I'm with you on the stuff I just quoted.

We'll see if he can separate himself from Blake and Veltung. I liked him when he was a Tiger but I haven't seen him perform as a Ram until the Saints game so I'll bow to your eyes on assessment of his abilities. I wouldn't bet the farm on him being a Ram a month from now though.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The thing I like about Chase Reynolds, is that he's damn fearless. I can't remember who it was, but I remember him trucking right through somebody and not a fuck was given. Anyone else remember seeing him do that last week? Pead wouldn't do that.

FRO

Legend
Interesting enough for me, Joyner is the one who took Bailey's spot as the gunner on the punt team Friday night. So, between having McGee, Joyner, and McLeod. they seem to have that covered,, no pun intended!
I didn't notice that. You may want to keep Pead/Reynolds for special teams depth then those first 4 games. I like TJ Moe and Austin Franklin, but I think we can stash them on the practice squad.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I say keep an extra cb rather than safety. Seeing Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, and Gaines out there would be great.
I'm gonna be pretty angry if our WRs(especially Britt and Quick)don't do there job.
If those 2 could be on the level or even a step lower than Jeffery and Marshall, that'd be sooo prime.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
40 times aren't that important to me either but they're also not meaningless. I'm with you on the stuff I just quoted.

We'll see if he can separate himself from Blake and Veltung. I liked him when he was a Tiger but I haven't seen him perform as a Ram until the Saints game so I'll bow to your eyes on assessment of his abilities. I wouldn't bet the farm on him being a Ram a month from now though.

I agree with you on his chances. I was merely saying I can see him being quite good in the role.

I will also say this, about Mr. Moe, apparently he has come into Rams Park thinking he is all the and a bag of chips. He hasn't really endeared himself to many of his teammates at this point. So that may explain his status on the depth chart.

Alan

Legend
CoachO bringing our other issues:
I agree with you on his chances. I was merely saying I can see him being quite good in the role.

I will also say this, about Mr. Moe, apparently he has come into Rams Park thinking he is all the and a bag of chips. He hasn't really endeared himself to many of his teammates at this point. So that may explain his status on the depth chart.
Yeah, I understood the point you were making.

This isn't his first rodeo either. He failed to make the Cheatriots squad too.

If he does manage to make the PS I'll feel better about it after hearing your assessment.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I understood the point you were making.

This isn't his first rodeo either. He failed to make the Cheatriots squad too.

If he does manage to make the PS I'll feel better about it after hearing your assessment.

That he didn't stick with NE, doesn't surprise me. They re-upped Edelman, have Amendola. How many of those kind do they need on one roster?

Alan

Legend
CoachO possibly forgetting an important factor:
That he didn't stick with NE, doesn't surprise me. They re-upped Edelman, have Amendola. How many of those kind do they need on one roster?
For the Cheatriots not to try and keep him on their PS is telling to me because of the injury history of both Edelman and Amendola. We all know about Amendola but take a look at Edelman's injury history at the link below, it's like a short story :LOL::
http://www.kffl.com/player/21170/nfl/injury_history/julian-edelman

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I say keep an extra cb rather than safety. Seeing Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, and Gaines out there would be great.
I'm gonna be pretty angry if our WRs(especially Britt and Quick)don't do there job.
If those 2 could be on the level or even a step lower than Jeffery and Marshall, that'd be sooo prime.
I'm with you there. Joyner, in a pinch, could probably fill in as a emergency Safety. Gaines looks like he'll develop into a real gamer.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
My biggest problem with Moe is that our top WRs are still question marks somewhat. Top 4 (which seem to be Austin, Britt, Quick, Bailey) are still unproven. So the Rams seem less likely to take a flyer on Moe, even if his teammates like him. Rams seem more likely to put Cook or Pettis in the slot than Moe. I'm just not seeing a scenario where Moe makes the 53 in 2014.

But 2015 could be a different story. If Moe stays on the practice squad 2014, and the top 4 WRs break out in 2014, then 2015 they might release one of Pettis / Givens, and Moe could make the team on special teams play.

PS - Blake and Franklin and Veltung will also likely have something to say about this, they have the same path to the 53 as Moe.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Where do you find a place on your team for a WR who runs a 4.74 40?
Aaron Donald's faster.

I don't put much stock in 40 times; however, I do take delight in pointing out Aaron Donald is faster than people.

Alan

Legend
LazyWinker making my point:
Aaron Donald's faster.

I don't put much stock in 40 times; however, I do take delight in pointing out Aaron Donald is faster than people.
It can't be a good thing if you're not faster than one of your DE teammates. :)

Athos

Legend
According to the camp reports he catches everything that's in range and thrown to him. Having said that, I don't think he has much upside.
Here are some combine numbers that FRO posted:
40 Time- 4.74 (terrible)
3 Cone- 6.53 (elite)
20 yard shuttle- 3.96 (excellent)
Vertical- 36" (good)
Hand size- 9-7/8"

Where do you find a place on your team for a WR who runs a 4.74 40? You can't coach up speed.

Focusing too much on straight line speed. Moe is a slot WR. One of my favorite MU WRs. Dude just gets himself open and catches anything you throw at him. Cerebral WR in that he was a former QB. Very smart. He has plenty of upside as a slot guy. Just a matter of getting time to show it. He's very DA imo.

Alan

Legend
CoachO stepping in where I feared to tread:
And yet. What do you think the chances are of Donald covering Moe the open field? I'll say ZERO!
I almost posted the same thing. :LOL:

Alan

Legend
Athos unable to see the forest for the trees:
Focusing too much on straight line speed. Moe is a slot WR. One of my favorite MU WRs. Dude just gets himself open and catches anything you throw at him. Cerebral WR in that he was a former QB. Very smart. He has plenty of upside as a slot guy. Just a matter of getting time to show it. He's very DA imo.
Am I focusing too much on straight line speed or are you focusing on only one part of what I've said about him? Some of what you said about him I agree with and some I don't. You should really read everything I've said about him. ;)

Let's just take a look at some of the facts shall we?
He went undrafted. Is everyone in the NFL focusing too much on his straight line speed or do they have some of the same concerns that I do?
He was cut by the Cheatriots without even a second look after recovering from his injury despite the fragility of their WR corps. Wasn't perceived to be good enough to even make the TC 90.
By all the reports I've read, he's at the bottom or close to the bottom of the Rams WR pecking order.

You claim there's no fire but the smoke is pretty thick isn't it? I could be wrong about him but let's have this discussion again after the final cuts and the decision is made about who they want on the PS. You have your advocates on this subject, one of which is CoachO whose opinion on these issues I respect so...

BTW, I'm not saying I don't respect your opinion as well, it's just that I don't have a history of your opinions being right like I do with CoachO. Your points are good ones but you ignore, or don't put much weight on, the points that don't back your viewpoints that I do weigh heavily in my opinion. This will be just one of the many issues that will sort themselves out in the next few weeks. Things like this add a lot to everyone's enjoyment of this part of the season don't they. :)

Alan

Legend
DCH asking for clarification:
any thoughts as to Barrett being on Wagoner's list?
He did mention that he wasn't allowed to give any specifics so I doubt he'll be able to answer that question even if he knows the answer.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He did mention that he wasn't allowed to give any specifics so I doubt he'll be able to answer that question even if he knows the answer.
I'd have to imagine Wagoner has as much access as CoachO (whom I respect tremendously), if not more, so maybe something has changed?

Alan

Legend
DCH with a possibility:
I'd have to imagine Wagoner has as much access as CoachO (whom I respect tremendously), if not more, so maybe something has changed?
That's certainly a possibility but I'm not sure how that would affect his promise to keep it under his shirt.

And with that I'll stop pretending I know what he'd say. :LOL: