St. Louis Rams on Jon Stewart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well I respect yyour opinion however how does ppopping into a thread you don't like and just stating I ddon't like this thread help anything other then your post count. Its as bad as ssomeone starting a tthread aasking how about picking up this player aand someone just post NO. it adds nothing to the conversation. I jhowever am not going to continue to hhijack the Ops thread with this.
Both disliking the thread and disagreeing with a suggestion of a player pickup are valid opinions. I'm pretty sure V3's not even considering his post count.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
QUOTE="Boffo97, post: 461368, member: 1192"]Both disliking the thread and disagreeing with a suggestion of a player pickup are valid opinions. I'm pretty sure V3's not even considering his post count.[/QUOTE]
Again bofo it's simple don't like a thread don't open it. If you disagree with OP about a player pick up you should probably aatleast ssupport you opinion with more then one word

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
:ROFLMAO:

Hats off to Carson Daily, brilliant. :LOL:

And what a dumb move by the STLPD. Would have never been a big deal if they had just said it was freedom of speech. No wonder Ferguson hates them .

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
QUOTE="Boffo97, post: 461368, member: 1192"]Both disliking the thread and disagreeing with a suggestion of a player pickup are valid opinions. I'm pretty sure V3's not even considering his post count.
Again bofo it's simple don't like a thread don't open it. If you disagree with OP about a player pick up you should probably aatleast ssupport you opinion with more then one word[/QUOTE]
I didn't need your point restated. I understood it quite well. I just disagree and feel it's basically telling other people how to post.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I believe the mixed racial studies to be cloudy. They kinda make the numbers work in their favor a bit. Your kids are half black half white. They could all have children with 100 white or black partners. Those children would be 1/4 black or white depending on which way they went. Then if those children had kids with someone of their majority race, those children would be 1/8 black or white. But by that time they would simply look black or white and not remember that great grandma or grandpa were black or white. I believe this is a cycle that has already occurred a couple times. While the numbers will be multiplied based on societies acceptance compared to past generations, I think the study is a little off in a a that it tends to imply that people will be half/half or even just a "grey" people that holds all racial DNA. I find it interesting though to think of how different the world could be without racial hate or having a race card to pull. Not to hijack, but I recently did a little looking into it and wanted to get in on a the conversation.

As far as John Stewart goes, he is a little wishy washy for my taste.
I always thought that DNA was random anyway. In the end we're all derived from fish, right? So six fingers is always an option, regardless of how unlikely. Just the chance of your little swimmers having a 6 finger or even a mutated and totally different chromosome being highly unlikely. Same would be true for skin pigment, just that the highest survival rate for those living in low UV radiation to better absorb vitamin D, where they would tend to suffer from cancer in higher sunlight conditions. Strange that such a small thing in a modern society where those things mean so much less to us with vitamin supplements and sunscreen can solve these problems.

Do I have a point? It's that in a way, we're all mixed, and genetic diversity is a good thing, think of hemophilia. Trying to keep it separated by skin pigment is about the lamest excuse there is.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't believe anyone was saying that we should keep is separated. If that's what came across in what I wrote, perhaps I stated it wrong.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am blessed to have been brought up in a major metropolitan melting pot where your fears and misconceptions are overwrought with real life experiences and personal relationships. Overcome fear and reach out and get to know and experience new cultures and people. I bet you like what you find. I certainly am happy to have experienced a myriad of varying people from all parts of this small planet.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't believe anyone was saying that we should keep is separated. If that's what came across in what I wrote, perhaps I stated it wrong.
Not at all man. I got the gist of what you were saying and can only commend your efforts is all, while adding my own theory that we're already more gray then we think.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I always thought that DNA was random anyway. In the end we're all derived from fish, right? So six fingers is always an option, regardless of how unlikely. Just the chance of your little swimmers having a 6 finger or even a mutated and totally different chromosome being highly unlikely. Same would be true for skin pigment, just that the highest survival rate for those living in low UV radiation to better absorb vitamin D, where they would tend to suffer from cancer in higher sunlight conditions. Strange that such a small thing in a modern society where those things mean so much less to us with vitamin supplements and sunscreen can solve these problems.

Do I have a point? It's that in a way, we're all mixed, and genetic diversity is a good thing, think of hemophilia. Trying to keep it separated by skin pigment is about the lamest excuse there is.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's random. Its different, but not random. There are chances of random mutation, but that's just evolution and all that good stuff. DNA from parent to offspring is almost always pretty close. Its just the key differences. Same reason why humans and other animals can share over 90% in common with other species (DNA wise) yet be totally different. Its all calculated though.