St. Louis Rams on Jon Stewart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Too political for my taste. I'd rather stick to football.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
image.jpg
Good stuff. Humor is the best medicine.

BTW, five of my children have a black mother and three of those are in college. On the way home from Mizzou, the ones who attend Drury and MSU were telling me that studies show that eventually a majority of the population will be of mixed race. That led me to propose a real solution to racism. F them! My kids laughed til they cried. Dad had an original thought.

Last edited:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
View attachment 4333 Good stuff. Humor is the best medicine.

BTW, five of my children have a black mother and three of those are in college. On the way home from Mizzou, the ones who attend Drury and MSU were telling me that studies show that eventually a majority of the population will be of mixed race. That led me to propose a real solution to racism. F them! My kids laughed til they cried. Dad had an original thought.
That's a lovely picture. If you don't mind me asking how many children do you have?

I think we, as a society, need to celebrate our differences more.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
That's a lovely picture. If you don't mind me asking how many children do you have?

I think we, as a society, need to celebrate our differences more.

9. Two more biological, two adopted. Hey, the Rams aren't my only hobby, lol.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
View attachment 4333 Good stuff. Humor is the best medicine.

great work! your kids are beautiful!!!

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
Nice looking kids u have there. I'd be having a shotgun around with pretty daughters like that. Keep their dates in line.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Nice looking kids u have there. I'd be having a shotgun around with pretty daughters like that. Keep their dates in line.

Thanks for the compliment.

Actually, the one on the far left has a three year crush on Sam Bradford. Sam, if you're lurking, you're welcome. I'd make one hell of a father in law.

Athos

Legend
Gotta love Jon.

I thought Colbert did an even better job turning the "hands up angst" into humor.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I believe the mixed racial studies to be cloudy. They kinda make the numbers work in their favor a bit. Your kids are half black half white. They could all have children with 100 white or black partners. Those children would be 1/4 black or white depending on which way they went. Then if those children had kids with someone of their majority race, those children would be 1/8 black or white. But by that time they would simply look black or white and not remember that great grandma or grandpa were black or white. I believe this is a cycle that has already occurred a couple times. While the numbers will be multiplied based on societies acceptance compared to past generations, I think the study is a little off in a a that it tends to imply that people will be half/half or even just a "grey" people that holds all racial DNA. I find it interesting though to think of how different the world could be without racial hate or having a race card to pull. Not to hijack, but I recently did a little looking into it and wanted to get in on a the conversation.

As far as John Stewart goes, he is a little wishy washy for my taste.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Too political for my taste. I'd rather stick to football.
Then why even post in here? I've seen tthis Alot lately. Is it an attempt to get post count up. Or do people jjust take ppleasure in letting others know they detest a ssubject others have taken the time to post and get others tthoughts on.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Then why even post in here? I've seen tthis Alot lately. Is it an attempt to get post count up. Or do people jjust take ppleasure in letting others know they detest a ssubject others have taken the time to post and get others tthoughts on.

Why are you stuttering...:shades:

TTotally agree btw.

V3

Hall of Fame
Why? Because political crap just pisses people off. If this site is going to lock threads about the Rams possibly moving to LA(an actual football topic), then why allow something like this that has little to do with football, has two very distinct sides with VERY strong opinions, and pretty much just ends up with arguments with nothing getting accomplished?

If reading multiple forums over the years has taught me anything, it's that politics are best left in their own section or just avoided altogether. It's not my site, though, so they can do what they want. I'm just letting them know that I'd rather not have politically charged threads popping up and creating a divide. It looks like I'm not alone in that thinking.

Alan

Legend
leoram spreading the wealth:
BTW, five of my children have a black mother and three of those are in college. On the way home from Mizzou, the ones who attend Drury and MSU were telling me that studies show that eventually a majority of the population will be of mixed race.
All four of my children are of mixed race. Three of them are half Korean and the other one is half Russian. I had to gt special permission from my first three before they'd let me marry a Russian. :LOL:

Thanks for the video. I'd already seen the one by Stewart and the one by Colbert but their humor never gets old.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I believe the mixed racial studies to be cloudy. They kinda make the numbers work in their favor a bit. Your kids are half black half white. They could all have children with 100 white or black partners. Those children would be 1/4 black or white depending on which way they went. Then if those children had kids with someone of their majority race, those children would be 1/8 black or white. But by that time they would simply look black or white and not remember that great grandma or grandpa were black or white. I believe this is a cycle that has already occurred a couple times. While the numbers will be multiplied based on societies acceptance compared to past generations, I think the study is a little off in a a that it tends to imply that people will be half/half or even just a "grey" people that holds all racial DNA. I find it interesting though to think of how different the world could be without racial hate or having a race card to pull. Not to hijack, but I recently did a little looking into it and wanted to get in on a the conversation.

As far as John Stewart goes, he is a little wishy washy for my taste.

My grandfather was Filipino and joined the Navy and survived Pearl Harbor. He married my grandmother in Norfolk VA, who's father joined the KKK after a black man raped my great grandmother and then split my great grandfather's head open with an ax. He miraculously survived and I have childhood memories of the quiet man painting by numbers. My father was not allowed to buy a house in a certain Long Beach neighborhood due to his race. He eventually did anyway. When my parents split, my mother married a man from Joplin, MO. That's where I learned about racism. Since I look white, I still hear white people speak openly racist since they don't know my kids are black. My black ex-wife said she would never marry a black man because they all beat their wives. I was offended by that since I know better.

All to say that I appreciate Stewart's piece here that brings humor to a gravely serious subject. Sometimes not taking sides is prudent. Fisher did the same on the issue at Buffalo Wild Wings. Just be part of the solution...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Why? Because political crap just pisses people off. If this site is going to lock threads about the Rams possibly moving to LA(an actual football topic), then why allow something like this that has little to do with football, has two very distinct sides with VERY strong opinions, and pretty much just ends up with arguments with nothing getting accomplished?

If reading multiple forums over the years has taught me anything, it's that politics are best left in their own section or just avoided altogether.
Well I respect yyour opinion however how does ppopping into a thread you don't like and just stating I ddon't like this thread help anything other then your post count. Its as bad as ssomeone starting a tthread aasking how about picking up this player aand someone just post NO. it adds nothing to the conversation. I jhowever am not going to continue to hhijack the Ops thread with this.

Alan

Legend
Rabid Ram forgetting the new rules:
Well I respect yyour opinion however how does ppopping into a thread you don't like and just stating I ddon't like this thread help anything other then your post count. Its as bad as ssomeone starting a tthread aasking how about picking up this player aand someone just post NO.
Don't be fooled by the pictures of our owners/mods because they're a lot smarter than they look. Some time ago a new rule (and no, it isn't the same as Bill Maher's New Rules :LOL:) that required a certain amount of letters or words be used in a post before it counted. I have no clue how many is required but they got that covered.

Of course I know that wasn't your point but just thought I'd mention it for our newbies. :)