St. Louis Rams: ESPN Finally Showing Some Love

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
y to avoid ESPN most days. Between the constant JohnnyManziel coverage and Skip Bayless (why is he still employed?!?) it's just not worth my time anymore. However, when working on a dreadfully slow Saturday afternoon, I grew desperate for something to keep me awake. When I navigated the ancient browser the USAF employs (IE 9) to ESPN.com, I was shocked when I saw that the Rams headlining the NFL page. Chadiha's analysis focused on 2 primary tenants: A young defense gelling together under Gregg Williams to convert potential into production, and the health & continued development of franchise QB Sam Bradford. I know, I know.... we heard all of this last year during training camp too. But this has a more legit feel to it.

I personally believe Williams will be able to pull the best out of our über-talented defense. He's too good of a coach not to. He expects excellence of himself and demands the same of his players. Consider this... with a Defensive Coordinator who didn't know how to command player's respect nor game-plan, the Rams still ranked 13th in the league in points allowed and 15th in total yards...all while playing one of the most difficult schedules in the league. If they can be "average" with a DC who (perCortland Finnegan) was in over his head, I'm betting that they can be elite with of the best in the biz.

The other tenant mentioned is essential not just for the Rams but for every team in the NFL: QB Health and Development. Every Rams fan knows that Sam Bradford is a hot-button issue, and that's not changing until he can stay healthy and lead the Rams to a winning record. The front office points to his success post-Week 4 last year as a reason to be hopeful. I'll save my detailed analysis of Sammy Boy until I write his Roster Preview article early next week, but (SPOILER ALERT) I expect him to do well this year.

As fans, we are obligated to love our team. As Rams fans, that has proven to be tough in the past. But seeing the team recognized on national media as a team who can make noise this fall is refreshing. Hopefully it lasts longer than it did last year.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/7/20/5918841/st-louis-rams-espn-finally-showing-some-love

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah.
Sam played with little running game topped of with poor defensive play.

Enter Williams and a solid ground game to complement Sam and the offense.

We're going to be no lower than second in our division. Seattle being the toughest to knock off.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see a big fall off with Niners this year. It seems they have a lot of issues on the team.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I see a big fall off with Niners this year. It seems they have a lot of issues on the team.
I think it's only a matter of time until Harbaugh wears out his welcome as well . Hes such an arrogant ass.
I think we're just going to be a better team than SF.

Harbaugh inherited an incredibly talented team. He ended up taking all the credit for their success. I can't wait until they loose more guys to FA. I want to see how great this guy is with average talent on his squad.

It really is hard to fathom haw bad Singletary was as a head coach. He made Harbaugh look like an undeserved genius.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Harbaugh also has to deal with his Qb who will be distracted by his new big contract. I think Vernon Davis is not that happy either.

Irish

Starter

Can I ask why you say that? Not only is Kaepernick a year older, but they added Stevie Johnson to go with Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, and Anquan Boldin. Heck, they were a a few plays away from being in last years Superbowl.

I think the Rams and Cardinals are going to be Hell to play for the top of the division guys, but they are still the class of the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked to see another Niners/Seahawks NFC title game again this year

ramaslama

I don't see the 9ers having a big fall off. I hate to say it but there super talented team with a good coach. haven said that I expect the rams to win the division;). anyone of the 4 teams in the division could win the division. we have the toughest division I ever seen in all the years iv been watching football. :eek:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
QUOTE="ramaslama, post: 350063, member: 1554"]I don't see the 9ers having a big fall off. I hate to say it but there super talented team with a good coach. haven said that I expect the rams to win the division;). anyone of the 4 teams in the division could win the division. we have the toughest division I ever seen in all the years iv been watching football. :eek:[/QUOTE]

You were one more sentence speaking positive about the 49ers away from me puking and hitting the inappropriate button :fighting:

SierraRam

Recreational User
Harbaugh also has to deal with his Qb who will be distracted by his new big contract. I think Vernon Davis is not that happy either.

Let's not forget Aldon Smith. The judge was kind, but the commish won't be. 3 felony arrests = suspension. :effemine: