St. Louis Rams: Current Offseason Grade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
The whole "baseball town" thing gets annoying because it's so constant. Every freaking reporter makes a damn joke about it in their articles. It's not original or funny anymore. And yes, it is personal because loyal Rams fans who don't give a crap about baseball are not included in that sentiment.
It's constant cause it's true. As far as sports when u think of St Louis what do u think about? Cardinals, ozzie smith, Gibson, Stan the man. There's loyal rams fans yes. But there's a loyal cardinals town. No way it would have gotten this far with stadium where your thinking they might leave. Just wouldn't happen

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's constant cause it's true. As far as sports when u think of St Louis what do u think about? Cardinals, ozzie smith, Gibson, Stan the man. There's loyal rams fans yes. But there's a loyal cardinals town. No way it would have gotten this far with stadium where your thinking they might leave. Just wouldn't happen
Was it a baseball town in 1999? No. If the Rams start winning again you can bet it becomes a sports town. Plus football is better then baseball anyway. Baseball is boring as shit.

lockdnram21

Legend
Was it a baseball town in 1999? No. If the Rams start winning again you can bet it becomes a sports town. Plus football is better then baseball anyway. Baseball is boring as crap.
Yes it was still a baseball town. That was one year While I agree baseball is boring to watch but it's the sport of choice in St louis. If Rams start Winning Yea people will start supporting them more. If Cardinals win or loose they would get the same support that's the difference. But I guess we have to agree to disagree

V3

Hall of Fame
From what I see majority of people don't care about Rams and only remember when they were in superbowl. I don't know about hockey cause I have no interest in it. But if rams were winning 10 + games and Cardinals were loosing ya rams would have hot ticket. But I bet u wouldn't be able to mistake Busch stadium for the away teams stadium like u can with rams.
It's been 10+ years of historic futility with little tangible hope of it getting better all while having the move to LA looming for years now. When you have a bad team AND numerous rumors that said team is leaving, why would you support them? Not many cities would be packing the house with those two elements. Now add in the even longer history of the NFL in St. Louis. The Cardinals were here 27 years and only made the playoffs THREE years in that entire span. St. Louis has continually been witness to horrible football. That's not how you build a strong fan base. Yet, people still come to the games. It may not be packed but I honestly don't care. The city has been shit on far worse than most(poor Browns fans) NFL cities. When you have the team owner essentially saying he wants nothing to do with your city anymore and the product hasn't been worth the ticket price, it's going to turn people away.

V3

Hall of Fame
Yes it was still a baseball town. That was one year While I agree baseball is boring to watch but it's the sport of choice in St louis. If Rams start Winning Yea people will start supporting them more. If Cardinals win or loose they would get the same support that's the difference. But I guess we have to agree to disagree

It's the "current" sport of choice because the Cardinals have been here the longest and rewarded its fanbase throughout its history. St. Louis has no other sports franchise that can say that.

You have the Rams commit to the city for 30+ years and start winning SB's and it'll quickly become a major football town. The same can be said for the Blues and hockey if they won a SC.

lockdnram21

Legend
It's been 10+ years of historic futility with little tangible hope of it getting better all while having the move to LA looming for years now. When you have a bad team AND numerous rumors that said team is leaving, why would you support them? Not many cities would be packing the house with those two elements. Now add in the even longer history of the NFL in St. Louis. The Cardinals were here 27 years and only made the playoffs THREE years in that entire span. St. Louis has continually been witness to horrible football. That's not how you build a strong fan base. Yet, people still come to the games. It may not be packed but I honestly don't care. The city has been crap on far worse than most(poor Browns fans) NFL cities. When you have the team owner essentially saying he wants nothing to do with your city anymore and the product hasn't been worth the ticket price, it's going to turn people away.
Even before that I've seen pllenty of people say they could care less about rams. Plenty of people . I get what your saying. Yes there would be more support if winning but that doesn't change who's town this is. If Rams leave after about a year no one would care anymore for real

lockdnram21

Legend
It's the "current" sport of choice because the Cardinals have been here the longest and rewarded its fanbase throughout its history. St. Louis has no other sports franchise that can say that.

You have the Rams commit to the city for 30+ years and start winning SB's and it'll quickly become a major football town. The same can be said for the Blues and hockey if they won a SC.
I still doubt it

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Although I like what they have done so far, there is still one glaring need that has yet to completed. Until there is some solutions on the offensive line I would have to grade the offseason to date a C- maybe D+.

The good news is there is plenty of time and this project is hopefully far from completed.
Totally agree.

Foles is of little use if he's constantly under pressure. He showed some serious signs of not being great when harrassed in 2014.

Until they really address that Oline, the grade is in the "D" category for me.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Lock I am going to assume you are to young to remember but when the cards have had periods of futility they have had a big erosion of the fan base. Look at Cards attendence during the 70's, a decade of futility....in 1968 they had over 2mil attendence...in 1978 they were down to 1.2 mil. If the cards went through a 10 year span of sub .500 ball attendence would be WAY down.

Towns will always be definded by their best historic teams....so yes the this will be a "Cards" town likely forever....but that is like saying NY is a yankee town, Chicago is a Bulls town, or Detroit is a Hockey town...yeah that is what the town may be associated with but that doens't make the other teams irrelavent ....or that they would be missed.

But, for instance, 20 years ago Boston was a Celtics town...period...you couldn't say that now.

And for every person you hear that says they don't care aobut the Rams I can find 1 that does in STL. Heck I can find people in STL who will say they don't care about the cards....

lockdnram21

Legend
Lock I am going to assume you are to young to remember but when the cards have had periods of futility they have had a big erosion of the fan base. Look at Cards attendence during the 70's, a decade of futility....in 1968 they had over 2mil attendence...in 1978 they were down to 1.2 mil. If the cards went through a 10 year span of sub .500 ball attendence would be WAY down.

Towns will always be definded by their best historic teams....so yes the this will be a "Cards" town likely forever....but that is like saying NY is a yankee town, Chicago is a Bulls town, or Detroit is a Hockey town...yeah that is what the town may be associated with but that doens't make the other teams irrelavent ....or that they would be missed.

But, for instance, 20 years ago Boston was a Celtics town...period...you couldn't say that now.

And for every person you hear that says they don't care aobut the Rams I can find 1 that does in STL. Heck I can find people in STL who will say they don't care about the cards....
your right i dont remember then i wasnt born lol. but i get what your saying. But as long as i been born (since 85) thats all i heard was cardinals. Also Football teams have came and gone, basketball has came and gone

Here's another reason I say this is a Baseball town is because we've had 2 football teams here and leave. We had a Basketball team here and leave. Who didn't leave, who's been a fixture in this city the Cardinals. IF the Rams leave it will be another sport that has left

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I give them no more than a C until they bring in at least one starting caliber OL. They don't have to (and probably shouldn't) fill all the OL holes in free agency, but they should bring in at least one starting caliber guy.