St.Louis Fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Do you guys run into this shit? I'm a fan of two sports teams. Rams obviously and Mizzou football. I don't much like baseball but if a team is gonna win, I want it to be the cards and I couldn't give two shits about the blues. So, on fb after the cards lose I saw several bastards posting about "yea we may have lose but atleast we made it this far unlike the Rams" and I'll see shit like send the Rams away. I think I'm gonna have to unfriend some folks lol. The following in STL is just pittiful.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't live there and have no affiliation to the Cards but I am happy they lost.

Why, you ask?

Because every time I tune into 101ESPN on iHeart radio, all I ever heard about is the Cards.

If I tuned in 10 times, I might be lucky to hear a piece about the Rams once.

Now that they lost and are out of it, maybe the media will give the Rams a little more coverage?

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Of course, it would help if they win Sunday!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't follow baseball really, but if I had to choose a team, it'll be the Red Sox

Sorry cards fans

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Im not a baseball fan either. The season is to long, to many games and overall just boring.

I bet they still talk about what should have been done different. Who should have pitched etc etc for the next two weeks on 101.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm crushed the Cards lost , these two series they played with the Dodgers and San Fran have been nail biters and great entertainment ,but a bad football game beats a great baseball game any day.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I love my Tampa Bay Rays, but they usually don't make it into the postseason so stop following baseball till the next year.

Oh yea, and screw the red sox!!!!!!! Wish they never got rid of Valentine lolol

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Say what you want about baseball, but anyone who appreciates the game at all, has to respect the Cardinal Organization and the tradition they have. They are second only to the Yankees in terms of longtime success, and as far as the National League is concerned they have no peers when it comes to World Series championships World Series played in, and overall Playoff appearances.

If the Rams had even a 1/3 of their success they would be mentioned in the same tone as the Green Bay Packer dynasty days, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and yes, even the hated Patriots and 49ers.

So as a STL sports fan, who supports the Rams, Cardinals, Blues, Mizzou and SLU I completely understand why the media, not only in this town, but nationally, pays a whole lot more attention to the Cardinals then the rest of the teams combined. They've earned it.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought it was the first or second game, I had no idea it was over until halfway through the Kings Blues game I started getting smack talk messages from my girlfriends family.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Say what you want about baseball, but anyone who appreciates the game at all, has to respect the Cardinal Organization and the tradition they have. They are second only to the Yankees in terms of longtime success, and as far as the National League is concerned they have no peers when it comes to World Series championships World Series played in, and overall Playoff appearances.

If the Rams had even a 1/3 of their success they would be mentioned in the same tone as the Green Bay Packer dynasty days, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and yes, even the hated Patriots and 49ers.

So as a STL sports fan, who supports the Rams, Cardinals, Blues, Mizzou and SLU I completely understand why the media, not only in this town, but nationally, pays a whole lot more attention to the Cardinals then the rest of the teams combined. They've earned it.
And according to Peter King , Kroenkes goal is for his Rams to be as revered in the city of St.Loius as HIS BELOVED Cardinals are. If Dewitt and Co would sell to Stan he'd borrow money to get it done.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
2 days before catchers and pitchers report to spring training. Seems like forever since we've played any baseball.

Seriously, that season is obnoxious. I've never understood why someone would pay to go watch a game that's basically 1/116 of importance to a season. (It is 116 games, correct?)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
2 days before catchers and pitchers report to spring training. Seems like forever since we've played any baseball.

Seriously, that season is obnoxious. I've never understood why someone would pay to go watch a game that's basically 1/116 of importance to a season. (It is 116 games, correct?)
just because its not your thing, don't hate on those of us who appreciate the sport for what it is.

And FYI,, its a 162 games. and they all count!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
just because its not your thing, don't hate on those of us who appreciate the sport for what it is.

And FYI,, its a 162 games. and they all count!

Hating is pretty strong, don't you think? Esp since half the post is in jest?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Hating is pretty strong, don't you think? Esp since half the post is in jest?
and i replied to that part that apparently wasn't. And "hate on" is just a phrase. maybe don't take things quite so literal?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
As a Dodgers fan, gotta respect the damn Cards...I wee why the Rams are an afterthought...if they played half as hard...hell, 1/4, we'd have 3 wins easy...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
and i replied to that part that apparently wasn't. And "hate on" is just a phrase. maybe don't take things quite so literal?

I think we could both do that, since I was just commenting really on myself and not actually trying criticize anyone.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
It's funny you bring this up I was reading comments on some of the Rams Facebook posts and it seemed like half them were Cardinals fans making fun of the Rams and wishing them to play bad. Couldn't believe it! When I came out there for the Monday night game last year I was questioned why I would waste my money on the Rams and not Cardinals. As for baseball this is the first year I actually tried to follow it and I just stuck with my home town Mariners.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's funny you bring this up I was reading comments on some of the Rams Facebook posts and it seemed like half them were Cardinals fans making fun of the Rams and wishing them to play bad. Couldn't believe it! When I came out there for the Monday night game last year I was questioned why I would waste my money on the Rams and not Cardinals. As for baseball this is the first year I actually tried to follow it and I just stuck with my home town Mariners.

I've gotten this from Blues fans as well. That's much easier to counter by asking for an ETA on an actual Blues championship, LOL. But it's not widespread by fans of either team, really.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The thing about it is, when the Rams were in the heyday of the GSOT teams, this town was electric over the FOOTBALL team. One of the staples around town are roadside stands that sell the Championship merchandise when the local teams are in the Playoffs. When the Rams were on top of the NFL, there were twice as many of these stands around as there are now for the Cardinals.

Now, its gotten to the point, that unless the Cardinals make it to the World Series, they don't seem to pop up anymore. You find all sorts of merchandise in the retail stores, but it has almost become a given that the Cards will be in the Playoffs.

I honestly believe, that IF the Rams ever get back to that point, this town will go crazy. Until then, and its hard to argue this, they are the butt end of most of the jokes from fans, and its hard to defend when "out of towners" take their shots at us for being fans.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I love my Tampa Bay Rays, but they usually don't make it into the postseason so stop following baseball till the next year.

Oh yea, and screw the red sox!!!!!!! Wish they never got rid of Valentine lolol

At least we had a Valentine type year this year. That should make you feel better lol. Like my Rams I can look forward to a high draft pick, as a matter of fact we pick higher than the Rays! That is how bad we sucked this year lol

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Baseball is boring and slow. How they dont jump for joy after seeing a DT slam a RB is beyond me.