Spygate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams2050

Starter
The Foxboro fans are so accustomed to winning, that they have come to EXPECT it. That is why they aren't loud. And they, obviously, are too dumb or obtuse to realize that the reason that their team is a consistent winner is because that team CHEATS!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Could someone give a basic breakdown for someone who knows next to nothing about it?

I know that it involves the Patriots filming opposing team signals but what exactly were the rules, how did they break them and what advantage was gained?

Try and keep to the facts, and if you could try and avoid big words also.

The reprehensible and despicable deviation from the established norms of decorum and well understood allowable behavior by mutually and, more importantly, voluntarily, entered agreements between competitive parties in a reciprocally beneficial partnership for the purpose of capitalistic gain derived from the notoriety of achievement is unconscionable. The scheme was conceived and executed with the de facto purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in direct opposition to the spirit and cause of said mutually agreed covenant. This inexcusable and patently intentional action resulted in unearned public acknowledgement and compensation far in excess of what the corporate entity known as the New England Patriots would have otherwise achieved without this unallowed, reprehensible, and unacceptable advantage.

It is without fortune for the Saint Louis Rams that the New England Patriots have an undue advantage with the powers that be in the National Football League because their claimed geographical location is more advantageous and profitable, leaning the organization towards bias decisions, with direct disregard to the purpose of said agreements and submission to the centralised governing power.

Or, they cheated and robbed us of a superbowl and nothing was done about it because we are a small market.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
The fact is we know the NFL destroyed the spygate tapes because they would have shown the Pats had a clear advantage of what teams were going to do.

They did not want people to know this because the integrity of the league was compromised and on top of that, the would have had to crown the Rams winners of that SB.

Why else would you destroy that evidence???

rams2050

Starter
May have implicated other teams, but not nearly to the extent of the Pats' involvement.

Read the book; if you have even a tiny inkling about statistics and how things simply only rarely -- and I mean, rarely -- fall outside ordinarily accepted boundaries -- you will see what we are talking about.

They might be able to beat the system, as it were, in one category -- and for a short time -- but not in numerous categories and for many, many years.

Something is rotten in Foxboro. .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If I'm a DC, I go for the strip and fumble at every opportunity. Without the deflated balls, Pats are as vulnerable as everyone else, perhaps more so because they haven't practiced as much with properly inflated balls.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
May have implicated other teams, but not nearly to the extent of the Pats' involvement.

Read the book; if you have even a tiny inkling about statistics and how things simply only rarely -- and I mean, rarely -- fall outside ordinarily accepted boundaries -- you will see what we are talking about.

They might be able to beat the system, as it were, in one category -- and for a short time -- but not in numerous categories and for many, many years.

Something is rotten in Foxboro. .

I have a MSc in statistics if that's enough? :whistle:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
They did not want people to know this because the integrity of the league was compromised and on top of that, the would have had to crown the Rams winners of that SB.

Why else would you destroy that evidence???
Yup, the league had to be in on the Patriots "miraculous" 2000-2001 season, otherwise we don't have the "tuck rule" stealing a playoff victory from the Raiders, nor do we have Bernie Kukar during SB 36.
have a MSc in statistics if that's enough? :whistle:
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the statistical analyses employed in the Spygate book.