Spruce/Cooper/Gaines all back at practice today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We cant keep players strictly for st and expect this team to get better. Just don't see Quick getting cut now. He will get all year then want be resigned imo

We keep multiple players strictly for STs. But keeping Thomas and Marquez isn't strictly for STs. It's because they can play STs. There's a difference. Both guys can also play WR. Quick isn't a good WR. He also doesn't play STs. That's why Thomas and Marquez should keep their spots.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Glad to see these guys back. Would ease Gaines in, his recurring health issues have worried me, and I wonder if it's because he's favoring the foot he got hurt last year.

Really excited to see Cooper and Spruce (aka Edward Stickyhands) get on the field.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Expect these three to play with limited reps on game day. Hopefully they'll get decent production.

lockdnram21

Legend
We keep multiple players strictly for STs. But keeping Thomas and Marquez isn't strictly for STs. It's because they can play STs. There's a difference. Both guys can also play WR. Quick isn't a good WR. He also doesn't play STs. That's why Thomas and Marquez should keep their spots.
Marques isnt a good receiver either. I still see Quick with more impact on offense. I think Quick is gone after this season but don't see him getting realeased.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marques isnt a good receiver either. I still see Quick with more impact on offense. I think Quick is gone after this season but don't see him getting realeased.

Marquez had 14 less yards than Quick last year. His special teams value more than makes up for any differences between them as WRs.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rams keep quick because he seems to have 9 lives with Fisher. But I wouldn't keep him.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I dont think Gaines come back until after the by week. He gas to practice and get back into football shape and to make sure there are no other set backs because at this point you just dont know how his body will respond.

lockdnram21

Legend
Marquez had 14 less yards than Quick last year. His special teams value more than makes up for any differences between them as WRs.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rams keep quick because he seems to have 9 lives with Fisher. But I wouldn't keep him.
To me it doesn't because we have 2 other slot receivers in Cooper and Spruce. Also I think Thomas is going to take marques spot on teams. Because even if they both are on the team I don't think they would both be active when Coop and Spruce come back

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
To me it doesn't because we have 2 other slot receivers in Cooper and Spruce. Also I think Thomas is going to take marques spot on teams. Because even if they both are on the team I don't think they would both be active when Coop and Spruce come back

Marquez is trusted in special teams, not sure for example that they would put Thomas in the game as a hands guy with an expected onside kick, but Marquez they would. Cooper they would, same with Spruce, since both have very good ability to secure the ball.

What Thomas has working for him is the X depth. At X you have Britt, followed by either Quick or Thomas. But once again from there and between those two special teams looms as an advantage for Thomas, where he has shown excellently as a gunner. The dude might be raw as a receiver, but man he can get after it in coverages.

Marquez is listed behind Britt on the Rams' site, but of course that depth chart only lists two wideouts so isn't really accurate; no way they see Marquez as a depth option at X. There it is going to be Britt and Quick/Thomas, with the other four being Z/Y guys.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah man, that 1 catch for 7 yards........whew he sure gets a lot of targets. lol
I'm talking both games

Those 4 catches for 30 yards total. I'm sure glad we spent a 2nd round pick on the guy.

At least Britt and TA score TD's. BQ is not the answer and never will be. He's in his 5th year, and is still having a hard time picking things up and is not a playmaker. End of story.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It would probably be a lot easier for the Rams to let Quick go if he hasn't had that short stint where he flashed.

lockdnram21

Legend
Marquez is trusted in special teams, not sure for example that they would put Thomas in the game as a hands guy with an expected onside kick, but Marquez they would. Cooper they would, same with Spruce, since both have very good ability to secure the ball.

What Thomas has working for him is the X depth. At X you have Britt, followed by either Quick or Thomas. But once again from there and between those two special teams looms as an advantage for Thomas, where he has shown excellently as a gunner. The dude might be raw as a receiver, but man he can get after it in coverages.

Marquez is listed behind Britt on the Rams' site, but of course that depth chart only lists two wideouts so isn't really accurate; no way they see Marquez as a depth option at X. There it is going to be Britt and Quick/Thomas, with the other four being Z/Y guys.
But he would still most likely be inactive.. your not going to suit up 6 receivers. I still think he's odd man out

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Spruce and Cooper aren't limited to the slot.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Those 4 catches for 30 yards total. I'm sure glad we spent a 2nd round pick on the guy.

At least Britt and TA score TD's. BQ is not the answer and never will be. He's in his 5th year, and is still having a hard time picking things up and is not a playmaker. End of story.

End of Story?:LOL: well than this should be End of Story too. $40m for this

WR Tavon Austin: Austin has been targeted a team-leading 22 times, but has only pulled in nine catches for 63 yards.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
End of Story?:LOL: well than this should be End of Story too. $40m for this

WR Tavon Austin: Austin has been targeted a team-leading 22 times, but has only pulled in nine catches for 63 yards.

Austin would have had 7 catches for 80+ yards with a better QB against Seattle. His dropped passes fall on him, though. He also was open for multiple big plays against SF and Keenum refused to pull the trigger.

Austin will likely never be the guy we thought he'd be, but he's a victim of bad QB play right now.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Austin would have had 7 catches for 80+ yards with a better QB against Seattle. His dropped passes fall on him, though. He also was open for multiple big plays against SF and Keenum refused to pull the trigger.

Austin will likely never be the guy we thought he'd be, but he's a victim of bad QB play right now.

come on Jrry anyone with knowledge of our QB's can see they have hurt ALL of our WR's numbers. Quick doesn't get the targets he deserves imo last season he was open a lot but they never threw it to him. Austin is what he is he can be great or just below ave a better QB will help all of our receivers in the long run.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
QB play has been 1 of the big factors not just for Quick but all receivers
I agree with you but Britt is getting open and catching ball. He had almost 100 yards in the last game. Like I said before I'm done with Quick and Fisher might keep him but that doesn't mean Quick doesn't suck just that our HC is stupid. For example see our starting QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Like I said before I'm done with Quick and Fisher might keep him but that doesn't mean Quick doesn't suck just that our HC is stupid. For example see our starting QB.
wow.