Spruce/Cooper/Gaines all back at practice today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Great news, more depth and options. Spruce showed that he has thee ability to separate and hopefully translate into the regular season. Cooper is a high draft pick, hopefully ready for the regular season.

lockdnram21

Legend
Great news, more depth and options. Spruce showed that he has thee ability to separate and hopefully translate into the regular season. Cooper is a high draft pick, hopefully ready for the regular season.
Spruce showed ability vs 3rd stringers... gettingnopen isnt the problem its qb

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Imagine if we had a healthy Gaines and Jenkins still in the backfield. The potential on this D would be insane.
I like Hill although he gave up most of the big chunks last week. Hopefully he only gets better.

Spruce and Cooper should help a ton. Thank god!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Game day intensity turns up a couple levels from the pre-season to the regular season....................I am more concerned with seeing EJ ease his way back into his starting role and solidify that secondary. He still has some technique growth issues to overcome before he approaches the play level of the departed Jenks, but that is largely a matter of extended playing time. Hopefully, his injury woes are mostly in the rear view mirror now.
Great points! I'm hoping most fans realize this...Regular season is a whole different animal...EJ is the key ingredient....I'd add Goff too...but he's not physically injured.
@den-the-coach that is a great name! Mine is Counts....A couple of cheerleaders called me Count Drac, or dracky for short... They say, I liked to drink blood:mustache:!!! LOLOL:ROFLMAO:
:LOL::cool::party::shades:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know much we could expect from Cooper and Spruce. The real games won't be like the preseason games. But we do need Gaines badly if we're gonna continue to play good defense. Sensabaugh scares me when he's put on an island. When I see the number 21 out there, I'm not reminded of Jenkins. More like Justin King. :confused:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think your wrong it's either marques or Thomas
We will see soon enough. I'm done with Quick and Fisher said that Cooper was the #3 receiver behind Britt and Austin. Marquess and Thomas play special teams but what does Quick add to the team?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think Gaines come back until after the by week. He gas to practice and get back into football shape and to make sure there are no other set backs because at this point you just dont know how his body will respond.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will see soon enough. I'm done with Quick and Fisher said that Cooper was the #3 receiver behind Britt and Austin. Marquess and Thomas play special teams but what does Quick add to the team?

Have to agree with this logic. Thomas has been one of our top gunners this year and can return kicks. He's also a high upside rookie. Marquez is one of our best special teams players.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I dont think Gaines come back until after the by week. He gas to practice and get back into football shape and to make sure there are no other set backs because at this point you just dont know how his body will respond.

Haha what? He is already back at practice and you think they will hold out our second best corner until week 8 considering all the struggles we've had at RCB. Fisher said he might play this week. I expect him back probably next week

I think your wrong it's either marques or Thomas

Both those guys play special teams and Quick doesn't. Additionally Quick gets a roster bonus for every week he is on the roster. With Cooper definitely taking his number 3 WR role, he has alot stacked against him.

lockdnram21

Legend
For 1 he actually gets targets. Marques does absolutely nothing on offense.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Spruce showed ability vs 3rd stringers... gettingnopen isnt the problem its qb
Hopefully Keenum can build upon his week 2 game play and move forward. We all know his weaknesses but we need to look past them. The guy is a gamer and it's what we have going into Tampa like it or not.

lockdnram21

Legend
Haha what? He is already back at practice and you think they will hold out our second best corner until week 8 considering all the struggles we've had at RCB. Fisher said he might play this week. I expect him back probably next week

Both those guys play special teams and Quick doesn't. Additionally Quick gets a roster bonus for every week he is on the roster. With Cooper definitely taking his number 3 WR role, he has alot stacked against him.
That's all marques does is st. You may not like Quick but hes actually gotten targets..

lockdnram21

Legend
Have to agree with this logic. Thomas has been one of our top gunners this year and can return kicks. He's also a high upside rookie. Marquez is one of our best special teams players.
We cant keep players strictly for st and expect this team to get better. Just don't see Quick getting cut now. He will get all year then want be resigned imo

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
That's all marques does is st. You may not like Quick but hes actually gotten targets..

Im saying alot of Quick's snaps if not all will go to Cooper and possibly Spruce. Since he will play less on offense and doesn't play special teams there is no reason to continue paying him that weekly roster bonus. Only Cody Davis and Reynolds play more special teams snaps than Marquez, thats a lot of production to replace on a fisher coached team. It makes more sense to keep a cheap rookie in Thomas who has upside and plays special teams.

Additionally its not like its a huge target burden we are subtracting by cutting Quick. He only has 6 targets Compared to Austins 22 and Britt's 16

Last edited:

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cr4eQAWUAAAf0jB.jpg